Author Topic: Reason behind "suge" nickname  (Read 396 times)

MOB

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm a llama!
Reason behind "suge" nickname
« on: May 11, 2010, 12:59:04 PM »
I just came across this article so i thought i would share for those inrerested.

http://www.ocregister.com/news/johnson-248042-school-panther.html

Johnson began teaching in 1974 at Lynwood High. He coached that school to a CIF-Southern Second Division I title in football in 1980.

The Panthers' unofficial motto wasn't the only time that Johnson came up with a catchy phrase. Johnson said he was the one who gave former Death Row Records CEO Marion "Suge" Knight his nickname.

Knight's uncles Ronald and Donald played football at Lynwood High. During summer practices, they baby-sat Marion, who was about 12.

"He came to practice every day, and he'd have a box of Sugar Crisp cereal under his arm and he'd eat it out of the box," Johnson said. "We started calling him 'Sugar Bear,' because he looked so much like the mascot on the box."

Knight's uncles asked Johnson to make Marion the team manager to keep him out of trouble, so the precocious youngster was soon running errands for the team.

"It got too difficult to call him 'Sugar Bear,'" Johnson said. "So we shortened it to "Suge.'"

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Reason behind "suge" nickname
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 01:24:28 PM »
damn always thought it was his mom or grand ma who called him sugar bear because of the cereal, i wonder if he still eat that shit yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

2euce 7even

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2010, 03:26:09 AM »
always thought it was his mom or grand ma who called him sugar bear because of the cereal

Twisted Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SCISSOR-HANDS NIGGA, SLICIN' LIKE BLANCA!!!
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2010, 09:56:43 AM »
"Cant Get Enough of that Golden Crisp"

I still Love that Shit and so does my son.
 :firedevil: Sugar Bear Fo Life!

Don't Waste Time Hating on Kurupt just because he gets the Appreciation that you think YOUR favorite artist deserves. You should try being more Positive about Life and Post about things that YOU LIKE instead of Whining Like a BITCH. Convert All That Hate into Positive Energy to Promote YOUR # 1 Artist. MUTHAFUCCA!