Author Topic: The NBA playoffs are the most boring and predictable of any major sport.  (Read 725 times)

Jaydc

Its always the same teams.You barely ever see any upsets happen.

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Pretty much.  The NBA offers the least parity of the 4 major sports. 

theremedy360

Sure they're predictable but IMO basketball is much more entertaining than baseball and hockey without a question.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
Sure they're predictable but IMO basketball is much more entertaining than baseball and hockey without a question.
i disagree, i cant watch a full nba game, the 4th quarters, if not a blowout, are VERY dope.... hockey, i can only watch playoff,... baseball, i fucking love it, the whole game is a pleasure to watch, esp fall

all that said, NONE OF THEM EVEN COME CLOSE to NFL

Jaydc

I find baseball far too slow and boring.Their are exciting moments sprinkled around but for the most part its pretty tedious.*Picture looks,shakes his head,shakes his head again,and now their calling a meeting on the pitching mound.They get back,theyve got the pitch they want now,ball goes in,and its fouled away*...riveting stuff  :P

theremedy360

i disagree, i cant watch a full nba game, the 4th quarters, if not a blowout, are VERY dope.... hockey, i can only watch playoff,... baseball, i fucking love it, the whole game is a pleasure to watch, esp fall

all that said, NONE OF THEM EVEN COME CLOSE to NFL

I played baseball for 13 years so I'll always have a deep appreciation for the game, I just don't find it nearly as exciting as the NBA. In the NBA I can watch nearly any game as opposed to baseball where I'm really only interested in Mariners games and the later playoff games.

Jaydc

For me basketball is exciting but the league and teams are flawed so it takes some of the enjoyment out of it.When you know what teams are going to win all the time its just not itneresting.

Baseball I only really watch playoffs and even then I struggle to watch an entire game.Its too slow paced and tedious.Exciting parts come few and far between.

Football is exciting to watch,something can happen at any second that takes your breathe away with the amazing athelticism.

Hockey is the same way,theirs nothing more exciting then watching a game in the last minute with one team down one goal and the gopalie is pulled and the frantic action.And one fight or great bodycheck contains more excitment then I can get out of 5 baseball games

OG Hack Wilson

see DETROIT OVER LAKERS 2003-2004

and Golden State over Dallas like 3 or 4 years ago i think
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Jaydc

So?Thats how many years apart?In the nfl and nhl upsets happen every playoffs.

OG Hack Wilson

suns over spurs (IN A SWEEP)

spurs over mavericks

jazz over nuggets

theres 3 upsets
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
well what definitely is annoying is how we have 3 fucking SWEEPS in the conference semifinals..
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Any playoff that has a series is not built for upsets. Though we still have them in all sports, a best of 7 series is designed so that the best team has the advantage. Now in baseball a best of 7 series makes the most sense I feel because each night you have different pitchers so your rotation comes into play. In basketball I think they should really go best of 5 each series, but as long as the Lakers win I'm happy. And Hockey, don't watch. As for the sweeps, it happens. It says more for the lack of competition from the lower seeded teams than it does the sport. The Spurs are fading, they had enough to upset the Mavs (not really an upset though if you've won 3 NBA titles with the same team) but they didn't have enough to compete with the Suns, The Jazz had enough to upset to the Nuggets who also had their coach out do to cancer, but the Lakers were just too much for them, and the Hawks have no business going against the Magic but that's the way the seeding went.

Jaydc

suns over spurs (IN A SWEEP)

spurs over mavericks

jazz over nuggets

theres 3 upsets

Thats one upset,spurs over mavs.Jazz nuggets had identical records and sweeps arent constituted as upsets,winning a series is winning a series.

Jaydc

and the nhl has upsets all the time and is a best of seven format....

Jaydc

Baseball should expand how many teams get in the playoffs to 8 in each league.4 just always felt wrong.I mean in the american league its almost 100 percent that two of those spots are gauranteed to the yankees and red sox and then the rest of the league has to fend for two spots.