Author Topic: the best player in football asking for 20 million dollars a year  (Read 861 times)

OG Hack Wilson

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/37175778/ns/sports-player_news/

Darrelle Revis is seeking an average annual salary that exceeds $20 million per year, according to Michael Lombardi of the National Football Post.

In other words, Revis wants to be one of the highest paid players in NFL history, quarterbacks included. The Raiders signed Nnamdi Asomugha to a record three-year, $45.3 million deal last offseason and Revis wants to blow that out of the water. As Lombardi says, "this will not be an easy contract to get done, especially anytime soon."
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Jome

Re: the best player in football asking for 20 million dollars a year
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2010, 06:32:04 PM »
Damn, thought Messi had became greedy for a second there.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2010, 06:38:36 PM »
deserves it.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2010, 06:41:58 PM »
deserves it.

he has 3 years left on his contract which already was restructured

maybe this is why the Jets drafted Wilson and traded for Cromarte

20 mill when there's going to be a salary cap that the league doesn't have determined yet???   get the fuck outta here
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Jaydc

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2010, 07:24:03 PM »
Hmmm I dont know,revis is a beast but its pretty selfish of a player to ask for that much money.it pretty much handcuffs whatever team he is on to not be able to build a team around.If he wants 20 million a year Id rather the jets let him walk then pay him that.One player doesnt win a championship and 20 million dollars is just flat out greed.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2010, 08:37:58 PM »
what he's asking for won't happen, it's probably just more of a "i want a pay raise".

nobody would spend the money on him, mostly because as the Jets proved, having arguably the greatest shutdown corner ever doesn't mean you're going to win; whose going to spend 20 million of your cap on a defensive player if you don't have the other stools to win?

he's worth 50 million to me though. ;) :P

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2010, 11:37:20 AM »
Goddamnit....I saw "Best Player in Football" as the subject. Open it up...and it isnt even the best Cornerback in Football.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2010, 06:28:19 PM »
Goddamnit....I saw "Best Player in Football" as the subject. Open it up...and it isnt even the best Cornerback in Football.

this Asomugha ass nigga. :D

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2010, 07:27:50 PM »

yes it is

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2010, 07:39:49 PM »

yes it is

Not according to opposing QB's and offensive coordinators who decide to throw at him 3 times more then Aso lol  Revis just gets more opportunities for highlights cus people keep throwing the ball in his direction. Sportscenter doesnt exactly like to show highlights of how QB's only threw at Asomugha 27 times last year.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2010, 07:40:37 PM »

this Asomugha ass nigga. :D

;)

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2010, 11:03:16 AM »
A couple of points must be made.

Aso plays at RIGHT CB, which mean he's almost always covering the #2 WR unless there is a shift on.

He also gets thrown at less than Revis because Revis draws QB's into throwing his way. Why else is he one of the most thrown at CB's in the league? It's funny and something I've always noticed about Revis since he done that interview saying he gets "bored". Making WR's look open is something a lot of CB's try but few get away with. Revis knows he's the best player on the defense, he wants the ball coming his way often. People undestimate just how much this adds to his value. PFF have him as the third most tested CB in the regular season, getting thrown at 111 times. Then he has some ridiculous #'s, giving up just 36% os passes coming his way, QB's having a 32.3 QB rating throwing his way....that's just nuts.

and you don't see Asomough shut down Andre Johnson, Randy Moss (twice), chad Johnson, Reggie Wayne etc. like you saw Revis.

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2010, 11:33:02 AM »
A couple of points must be made.

Aso plays at RIGHT CB, which mean he's almost always covering the #2 WR unless there is a shift on.

He also gets thrown at less than Revis because Revis draws QB's into throwing his way. Why else is he one of the most thrown at CB's in the league? It's funny and something I've always noticed about Revis since he done that interview saying he gets "bored". Making WR's look open is something a lot of CB's try but few get away with. Revis knows he's the best player on the defense, he wants the ball coming his way often. People undestimate just how much this adds to his value. PFF have him as the third most tested CB in the regular season, getting thrown at 111 times. Then he has some ridiculous #'s, giving up just 36% os passes coming his way, QB's having a 32.3 QB rating throwing his way....that's just nuts.

and you don't see Asomough shut down Andre Johnson, Randy Moss (twice), chad Johnson, Reggie Wayne etc. like you saw Revis.

lol All great CB's attempt to bait QB's into throwing their direction. It isnt something Revis invented LOL. Nnamdi has already established himself as a great CB, and by many...the best in the league. Revis is a relative New Kid on the Block which is why he was thrown at 4 times more than Nnamdi last year (not because of baiting QB's like all great CB's do lol)....that isnt exactly a close number lol. I can guarantee you he gets tested less this year as respect around the league has increased...the way it did for Nnamdi. Revis does not cover the other teams #1 receiver all game lol. Bottom line....Nnamdi is more of a shut down corner. He completely shuts off his half of the field. Thats what you want out of your CB. Revis held Moss to a low yards total...but got scored on. Tedd fuckin Ginn burned his ass for a TD. Nnamdi had one TD thrown against him all year, and that was week 1 when the safety blew a coverage in a zone. Oh...and i didnt mention Nnamdi is far better against the run. He had more tackles for a loss then Revis did. Revis is slower to react on running plays. Revis is very good, and had an amazing year last year. But as an OVERALL corner...he still is looking up and Aso.

Oh yeah...its also being reported that Revis is saying he didnt ask for 20 mil.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2010, 03:58:41 PM »
Ted Ginn was able to get deep over the Jets D because Miami was able to absolutely pound the crap out of our D that night. Brown and Williams were coming around the edge all night and Revis, Rhodes and Leonard were being asked to string out plays and make tackles on big running backs all night and they did.

You pull a cover corner like Revis up and ask him to make solo tackles on Brown or Williams all night, it's not that tough to get a play where a world class sprinter can get behind the D. It could have been Rhodes fault or it could have been the fact that Miami simply pounded us and sucked the D up.

and as I stated earlier, Asomough doesn't always face the other teams #1.  Many times even...Revis on the other hand does.

OG Hack Wilson