Author Topic: Legend of the guardians  (Read 186 times)

I`m Wayne Brady bitch!

Legend of the guardians
« on: October 07, 2010, 01:04:17 PM »
This animation film was fantastic! The story was a bit confusing at times, and perhaps too dark for the audience it's aiming for (not strange considering the director's previous efforts was "300" and "watchmen").

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1219342/

The film is worth seeing for the animation and use of 3D alone. The 3D was incredible, and the only film I can compare it to is Avatar when it comes to awesome 3D.

Highly recomended!

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Legend of the guardians
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 02:17:53 PM »
I'm tired of Zack Snyder, and his only good movie has been Dawn of the Dead.  And now he's going to be the director for the Superman franchise reboot? WACK. 

I`m Wayne Brady bitch!

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 02:39:41 PM »
Well my friend, I made this thread about Legend of the guardians. Have you seen the film? If so, try to keep on topic ;)

Off topic and to reply to your post: Zack Snyder is a guy everyone has an opinion about. People seem to either hate or love his work. Me personally love his films, Watchmen being my favourite out of the bunch. And him directing Superman...think about it: Nolan and Goyer is doing the script, and Zack's visual style is unmatched. I think with Nolan's guidance, Snyder can perfectly make a awesome Superman film  8)

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2010, 11:58:13 PM »
It is on topic, since I'm talking about the filmmaker.  The only reason his movies get good ratings online is because of fanboys.  Goyer and Chris' brother is writing the screenaplay.  And really, just because Nolan is the "godfather" of the new series of films, doesn't mean they're going to be good. 

I`m Wayne Brady bitch!

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2010, 03:05:04 AM »
It is on topic, since I'm talking about the filmmaker.  The only reason his movies get good ratings online is because of fanboys.  Goyer and Chris' brother is writing the screenaplay.  And really, just because Nolan is the "godfather" of the new series of films, doesn't mean they're going to be good. 

"The only reason his movies get good rartings online is because of his fanboys" is a pretty damn arrogant thing to say. I am by no means a fanboy of his, but I enjoy his films and find them entertaining. Go to http://www.rottentomatoes.com and you'll see that for every movie he makes, at least half of the people rating them doesn't like them. It's like if I was to say: "the only reason his movies get's bad ratings is because of the Snyder haters".

I never said that Superman will be good JUST BECAUSE Nolan is overseeing it. Only time will tell if the film is actually any good, but I am optimistic.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2010, 08:55:23 AM »
It's not arrogant at all.  Check out his IMDB ratings for each film. 

Watchmen 7.8
Legend of the Guardians 7.3
300 7.8
Dawn of the Dead 7.4

but form actual film critics, it's much lower.  And I put top critics, because if I were to put all, some were lower and others were higher.  Either way, it's around the same score. 

RT
Watchmen 5.3
Legend of the Guardians 5.9
300 5.6
Dawn of the Dead 6.1

He's not the only one to receive this praise from online users at imdb, but while people praise Nolan, Tarantino, Fincher, PTA, etc at least they're not glorified music video directors.