Author Topic: Randy Moss Back in Minnesota!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 334 times)

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
Re: Randy Moss Back in Minnesota!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2010, 07:43:40 PM »
Hernandez is an added weapon and is looking real promising. Look, they won championships with Givens and Branch. It can be done without Moss.
lol

where is rodney harrison and tedy brushci?  and richard seymour?  the pats are a shell of what they were on defense.  they'll never win the SB without randy and with this current defense.
No I agree that this defense looks weak, and I'm a diehard Pats fan. Sometimes I have no idea what they are trying to do. The Pats have all the pieces in store for big moves in stockpiled draft picks and they never make them. I think that a good straight up pass rusher like a Freeney or a Mathis is needed.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2010, 07:56:12 PM »
Hernandez is an added weapon and is looking real promising. Look, they won championships with Givens and Branch. It can be done without Moss.
lol

where is rodney harrison and tedy brushci?  and richard seymour?  the pats are a shell of what they were on defense.  they'll never win the SB without randy and with this current defense.

Honestly, the Pats aren't winning the Superbowl with that defense, period. With or without Randy. I think with or without Randy they can still run a pretty successful offense, but regardless of what they put up, I don't know if they can hold a great team (Jets, Saints, Steelers, etc.) under that number.

I mean, the Bills scored 30 on them lol.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2010, 08:03:10 PM »
be fair...cj spiller returned a TD on them lol
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2010, 08:29:00 PM »

Hernandez is a monster. He can play that Wes Welker game & his cuts are unreal; dude can stop on a dime.

But the defense was much, MUCH stronger when they had Givens & Branch; although, they did score a lot of points then too.

When you keep getting the ball back in good field position thanks to 3 and outs and good special teams you should score a lot of points. Football is so team oriented people forget that sometimes. A "scoring offense" rank can be very misleading. These Pats (with out Moss) aren't even close to the 03 or 04 Pats as a team, offense or defense. The Ravens are going to eat them alive. Givens, Branch, Brown, Smith and Faulk were never flashy guys but they worked as a unit. The blocking these guys performed was unreal. Screen plays don't work that well unless everyone is on board at a high level. And if yards after a block and blocks were recorded I'd imagine the first half of the decade Pats would be way ahead of the other teams.

The truth is that Wies is gone and so is McDaniels. can the understudy of the understudy be as good? We'll see. But having mr. head in the clouds I'm the King Tom Terrific isn't a good thing. He was a solid soldier in the first half of the decade. Now that he's a star he can't seem to perform under pressure. I fully predict that by the end of the season Matt Cassel will have numbers as good or better than Brady now that Moss is gone. I guarantee that the 01, 03, or 04 Pats win the the 07 Superbowl. Maybe not 19-0, but 14-6 is better than 18-1.