Author Topic: New Jersey chosen to host the world's biggest and best sporting event in 2014  (Read 2114 times)

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
as if having tv makes you wealthy lol.

Most of you guys were talking about people that have no shoes playing in the dirt is what makes soccer popular lol

Scrappy Doo

"According to a survey, global viewing figures for the match averaged 109 million; this put the UEFA Champions League final above the Super Bowl (106 million viewers in 2009) as the most-watched annual sporting event in the world. Total figures, which included viewers who watched only part of the match, put the Champions League final even further ahead of the Super Bowl, with 206 million viewers compared to 162 million"

About 710 million people watched the World Cup Final in 2006.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
"According to a survey, global viewing figures for the match averaged 109 million; this put the UEFA Champions League final above the Super Bowl (106 million viewers in 2009) as the most-watched annual sporting event in the world. Total figures, which included viewers who watched only part of the match, put the Champions League final even further ahead of the Super Bowl, with 206 million viewers compared to 162 million"

To add to this, most people that watch the champions league final and World Cup, actually pay attention to the game.  Super Bowl on the other hand, it's a party basically but to be fair it is the most popular sport in the country and a shit load of people did pay attention to it. 

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.

Most of you guys were talking about people that have no shoes playing in the dirt is what makes soccer popular lol

do you just want everyone to admit that culture is what makes Soccer popular? would that be satisfying? lol.

alright, so it's culture, culture is what makes Soccer popular; because when kids are young their families nudge them in the direction of playing Soccer.

so? what's the point? it doesn't make it any less boring; in some cultures they eat bugs, does that mean they taste good? no. in some cultures they have communism, does that make the way the country is run good? no. so in some cultures they play Soccer, does that make it good? no.

there isn't any convincing people who don't like Soccer to start liking it because other cultures play it like it's religon lol.

considering the World Cup is a WORLDWIDE thing & people watch for their countries & in most of those countries Soccer is the number one sport & the Super Bowl is watched by people in other countries who don't have any direct relation to the sport, considering all the players & teams are from America.

my point being, something that involves the ENTIRE world SHOULD have more viewers than something that involves half of the states in the USA.

but since the NFL still gets SO many viewers from other countries, countries that don't even have a Football to throw if they wanted to, you can't just hand the NFL the L in that debate.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!

do you just want everyone to admit that culture is what makes Soccer popular? would that be satisfying? lol.

alright, so it's culture, culture is what makes Soccer popular; because when kids are young their families nudge them in the direction of playing Soccer.

so? what's the point? it doesn't make it any less boring; in some cultures they eat bugs, does that mean they taste good? no. in some cultures they have communism, does that make the way the country is run good? no. so in some cultures they play Soccer, does that make it good? no.

there isn't any convincing people who don't like Soccer to start liking it because other cultures play it like it's religon lol.

Not trying to convince people to like it.  It's just stupid when people diss it thinking they wouldn't be all up on soccer's dick if they grew up somewhere else. 

IRAN iz Gangsta!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Up in Yo bitch iz where you might find me!
LOL @ hardly anyone watches the game.No the 100 million viewers it gets are hardly anybody  ::)

that is the number of people who go to superbowl parties, but how many people do u see at these parties that actually watch the game??  maybe 1/5th of the crowd...the older people, women, hell most guys just drink, play games, goof off, eat....yea once in a while when something happens and people yell people turn to watch the replay but not many people watch the actual game.  So yea 100mil gather for a party but probably 20mil actually pay attention to the game.

Scrappy Doo

considering the World Cup is a WORLDWIDE thing & people watch for their countries & in most of those countries Soccer is the number one sport & the Super Bowl is watched by people in other countries who don't have any direct relation to the sport, considering all the players & teams are from America.

my point being, something that involves the ENTIRE world SHOULD have more viewers than something that involves half of the states in the USA.

but since the NFL still gets SO many viewers from other countries, countries that don't even have a Football to throw if they wanted to, you can't just hand the NFL the L in that debate.

Yeah but still Champions League Final > Super Bowl is we talk numbers.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

LMAO @ "real niggas" dont watch the World cup..who the fuck are you to say what a "real nigga" is? lol ... i dont even watch soccer, but thats a stupid statement.

real niggas come from Maine I guess...
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Jaydc

Thats just close minded and ignorant stating one fifth watch it....Thats like saying one tenth of people actually watch the soccer game,they actually just like getting into fights with people getting drunk and singing.Because lord knows watching men kick a ball up and down a field isnt fun to watch.You want to see how the game is flawed?Watching penalty kicks in soccer LOL.Its basically a 99 percent ratio that the kick is going in the net the goalie doesnt even have a chance.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Not trying to convince people to like it.  It's just stupid when people diss it thinking they wouldn't be all up on soccer's dick if they grew up somewhere else. 

i guess, but it's a sport of national pride & most of this country is made up of immigrants.

also, all those kids in Europe don't even get to decide; they don't have Baseball or Basketball; basically forced to play Soccer if they want to be athletic.

IRAN iz Gangsta!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Up in Yo bitch iz where you might find me!
Thats just close minded and ignorant stating one fifth watch it....Thats like saying one tenth of people actually watch the soccer game,they actually just like getting into fights with people getting drunk and singing.Because lord knows watching men kick a ball up and down a field isnt fun to watch.You want to see how the game is flawed?Watching penalty kicks in soccer LOL.Its basically a 99 percent ratio that the kick is going in the net the goalie doesnt even have a chance.

obviously u dont know anything about soccer, no point in debating

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
i guess, but it's a sport of national pride & most of this country is made up of immigrants.

also, all those kids in Europe don't even get to decide; they don't have Baseball or Basketball; basically forced to play Soccer if they want to be athletic.

lol so you know this how? ::)
we play whatever we want, whether its cricket, rugby, tennis, badminton, squash, althetics, swimming whatever

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!

we play whatever we want, whether its cricket, rugby, tennis, badminton, squash, althetics, swimming whatever

quite the selection you got there. :laugh:

i'm just saying, you guys are so quick to say how much "greater" Soccer is than Baseball & Football & you guys may go your entire life not playing it.

at least i've played Soccer, gave it a try; just didn't appeal to me.

Jaydc

obviously I dont know anything about good sports, no point in debating

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!

quite the selection you got there. :laugh:

i'm just saying, you guys are so quick to say how much "greater" Soccer is than Baseball & Football & you guys may go your entire life not playing it.

at least i've played Soccer, gave it a try; just didn't appeal to me.

I''ve got nothing against NFL or NBA, i've played basketball its alrite but it's not touching soccer football, but thats just me. Never played NFL but i've played the mans version, and rugby shits allllllllllllll over it, but again thats just me

Also, let's be honest

Football > Basketball
Cricket > Baseball
Rugby > 'Your' Football