Author Topic: Dr.Dre's latest signing is Freeway Rick Ross nephew (interview inside)  (Read 1493 times)

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
That's weird about the Freeway Rick Ross mention. I never knew that. He said his uncle got him at Dre, but no way that was through Freeway Rick Ross [I doubt]. DOC ain't his uncle either. His uncle is Chocolate, the cat who produced "Ice Ice Baby." Chocolate and DOC have been really tight for over 20 years now, so DOC always knew Slim when he was growin' up as a kid because he is Chocolate's nephew. Now Chocolate [and his production partner] DJ Silk are signed to Aftermath as producers. It's all one big family.
networth about chocolate still surprised he ain't mention him yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

Elano

That's weird about the Freeway Rick Ross mention. I never knew that. He said his uncle got him at Dre, but no way that was through Freeway Rick Ross [I doubt]. DOC ain't his uncle either. His uncle is Chocolate, the cat who produced "Ice Ice Baby." Chocolate and DOC have been really tight for over 20 years now, so DOC always knew Slim when he was growin' up as a kid because he is Chocolate's nephew. Now Chocolate [and his production partner] DJ Silk are signed to Aftermath as producers. It's all one big family.

who the fuck is chocolate ?

Triple OG Rapsodie

how does this dude buy a 2.5 million dollar house? drug money?

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Obviously, he might be from the hood but his family isn't as poor as everyone pretending they are ...though they could be if they blew all the money they've made.

He also has doctor dre and various other people as sources of income.

What I don't like in the interview is his ego and that ignornant 90s hood mentality.  I've always hated it and I'm glad to see hip-hop move away from it.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

sofdark

is this back to the future or what? an interview that seem to be from 90's when being from gang was the "thing".

dude reminds me of Hittman in someway, thinking too much for Dre that he won't be able to release anything after detox.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Interesting interview, Slimm sounds cocky as a motherfucker. How he gonna laugh after saying he's been done for murder twice? How is he not in jail if hes been done for murder twice? lol

Be interesting to see what he thinks of Game

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Obviously, he might be from the hood but his family isn't as poor as everyone pretending they are ...though they could be if they blew all the money they've made.

He also has doctor dre and various other people as sources of income.

What I don't like in the interview is his ego and that ignornant 90s hood mentality.  I've always hated it and I'm glad to see hip-hop move away from it.
he probably only got an advance from Aftermath

Interesting interview, Slimm sounds cocky as a motherfucker. How he gonna laugh after saying he's been done for murder twice? How is he not in jail if hes been done for murder twice? lol

slim is stupid

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • https://soundcloud.com/fonkarround
hah that got me interested too, how come he can have a $2.5 mil house when he hasnt released anything yet..

hes just another ghost signed artist.. dre signed him, he will have minimum of buzz in the internet for some time, but after not releasin anything he will be forgotten.. like hittman, altho hittman had even better situation since he actually was on dre's album, but well.. so many of em bishop, hittman, slim..

Nima - Dubcnn.com

That's what I'm sayin... I met Slim at the Encore Studios in Burbank through his uncle Chocolate and Silk... First time I'm hearing Freeway Ricky Ross is his uncle. Oh well, maybe they kept it under wraps, who knows.

For whoever asked who Chocolate is, he was one of the first artists signed to Death Row, wrote/produced Ice Ice Baby for Vanilla Ice, he had a super old school song with Snoop from the early 90's that leaked at some point.

cowboy1

• 'G'

he already spoke about game and had nothing but good shit to say . and they have been in the studio together recording for detox and maybe even collabos because they talked about it months ago.

Triple OG Rapsodie

That's what I'm sayin... I met Slim at the Encore Studios in Burbank through his uncle Chocolate and Silk... First time I'm hearing Freeway Ricky Ross is his uncle. Oh well, maybe they kept it under wraps, who knows.

For whoever asked who Chocolate is, he was one of the first artists signed to Death Row, wrote/produced Ice Ice Baby for Vanilla Ice, he had a super old school song with Snoop from the early 90's that leaked at some point.

so that's the cause of the whole Vanilla Ice Suge Knight incident....I always assumed it was hella random that Suge would just go and threaten the guy for money

LEFTSIDEMUSIC.com

• Lil Geezy

and its more than 99 soldiers got slim back, that will come out the wood works... believe that im knowin, he's real as you can get, nuthin is a lie about Slim, ive seen him in action in south central..

LEFTSIDEMUSIC.com

• Lil Geezy
hah that got me interested too, how come he can have a $2.5 mil house when he hasnt released anything yet..

hes just another ghost signed artist.. dre signed him, he will have minimum of buzz in the internet for some time, but after not releasin anything he will be forgotten.. like hittman, altho hittman had even better situation since he actually was on dre's album, but well.. so many of em bishop, hittman, slim..
the 2.5 million dollar house comes from signin wit DRE, thats how it do when DRE really put you on.. he might not have to do a record, he's probably already done enough for DRE to get that money... and im not some overseas cat talkin that bull, im out here in Cali right now watchin it all unfold.. shout out to DRE for helpin out a real street brotha and payin him what hes worth.. im just keepin it real and not just cause Slim my homie.. he's been workin for years to make it there wit DRE....chuuuch

Lunatic

so that's the cause of the whole Vanilla Ice Suge Knight incident....I always assumed it was hella random that Suge would just go and threaten the guy for money
You are correct, but Chocolate denies that particular balcony incident a lie. There was an argument over $$ though, but this is where people get it confused. NOT over 'Ice Ice Baby' - Chocolate claims he got paid off that joint, never a problem there. The issue lied with the other joints Chocolate produced for Vanilla Ice on that same album that he didn't get credit/money for.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Triple OG Rapsodie

the 2.5 million dollar house comes from signin wit DRE, thats how it do when DRE really put you on.. he might not have to do a record, he's probably already done enough for DRE to get that money... and im not some overseas cat talkin that bull, im out here in Cali right now watchin it all unfold.. shout out to DRE for helpin out a real street brotha and payin him what hes worth.. im just keepin it real and not just cause Slim my homie.. he's been workin for years to make it there wit DRE....chuuuch

I can guarantee you he didn't get signed for 2.5 million.