Author Topic: Angels Morales hurts himself during celebration  (Read 212 times)

theremedy360

Angels Morales hurts himself during celebration
« on: May 29, 2010, 05:56:54 PM »
LOL...

ANAHEIM, Calif. (AP) - Kendry Morales hit a game-ending grand slam in the 10th inning, but twisted his ankle celebrating at home plate and got carted off the field after the Los Angeles Angels beat Seattle 5-1 Saturday.

Morales connected with one out and circled the bases to a waiting crowd of Angels. He took a leap and landed awkwardly on the plate, hurting his left ankle as happy teammates started a pileup.

Morales waved his arms to the cheering fans as he was driven away.

Players who hit game-winning home runs often toss off their batting helmets as they head home, hoping their teammates won't pat them too hard on the head during exuberant celebrations.

A smiling Morales threw down his helmet a few steps from the plate, took a hop and then jumped toward the plate as teammates began to pat him on the head. Morales quickly went down and grimaced as he rolled onto his back.

Maicer Izturis hit a one-out double in the 10th against Brandon League (4-5). Bobby Abreu was intentionally walked and Reggie Willits followed with a grounder that was misplayed by second baseman Chone Figgins, playing his first series at Anaheim since he left for free agency.

Morales drove the next pitch to left-center for his 11th home run and the eighth game-ending slam in Angels history.

Brian Fuentes (3-1) pitched a perfect 10th for the victory.

Seattle's Felix Hernandez took a five-hitter and a 1-0 lead into the eighth before Abreu hit a solo home run.

Hernandez came back for the ninth, but was taken out after giving up a leadoff walk to Hideki Mastsui with his 111th pitch.

Jered Weaver held the Mariners to three hits and an unearned run over seven innings and struck out six.

Angels center fielder Torii Hunter left the game with a bruised left hand after getting hit by a pitch in the first inning. The three-time All-Star and nine-time Gold Glove recipient is batting .272 with seven homers and 29 RBIs in 47 games.

The Mariners took the lead in the fourth with the help of a throwing error by shortstop Erick Aybar.

NOTES: The Mariners are 0-6 in extra innings, the only team in the majors without a victory. Last season they were 9-7. ... Hernandez, who finished second in last year's AL Cy Young voting behind Kansas City's Zack Greinke, finished the month of May at 0-3 with a 4.79 ERA in six starts. ... Angels manager Mike Scioscia used his 35th different starting lineup in 51 games, with backup C Bobby Wilson made his third career start and second since the April 23 collision with Mark Teixeira that left him with a concussion and injured left foot. ... The Angels won for the first time this season when trailing after seven innings (1-23).

« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 05:59:16 PM by TheRemedy360 (back from the dead) »

The Come Up Shuffle

Re: Angels Morales hurts himself during celebration
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2010, 11:10:05 PM »
He broke his ankle celebrating, I thought freak injuries like that only happened to the Mets.

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2010, 02:29:44 AM »
aint that a bitch. 

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

westsiderider323

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2010, 09:49:35 AM »
i lol'd when i saw this

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2010, 11:06:59 AM »
that sucks for Morales.

I think this is the 2nd time this season somebody landed on the DL after hitting a grand slam (Brad Penny, although his wasn't a walk-off).

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2010, 05:13:12 PM »
i swear i been wondering when this shit was gonna happen, funny how nobody mentions when kevin johnson got hurt celebrating bacc in the day i think he tried to lift barkley or something and hurt his fucc'n knee hahaha yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp