Author Topic: World Cup teams explained to an average American - LOL  (Read 2581 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: World Cup teams explained to an average American - LOL
« Reply #105 on: July 05, 2010, 01:47:43 PM »
So I think there have been more blown calls than goals scored.

What a sport. ::)

Has there ever been an NBA playoff game where it ends and people have said, "those were some great refs tonight" lol. 

Those are just angry fans that their team lost & maybe one call that could of gone either way was called against them.

I'm like that with the NFL, but in the end, those "bad calls" are just calls against my team that puts them in jeapardy of winning.

Seems like everyday I turn on SportsCenter, they expose the World Cup officiating for fucking something up real good. Probably because the players roll over & act like they got sniped in the head everytime they brush up against somebody lol; I guess you can't blame the refs too much, it's just good acting Soccer play.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #106 on: July 05, 2010, 03:23:14 PM »
The acting in soccer isn't anymore than the acting in basketball.  It's like Kobe's move where he goes for a jump shot gets the ball taken away from and his does a ballerina move and screams AHHHHHH

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #107 on: July 05, 2010, 04:01:19 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/vhlRqVaD4BU" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/vhlRqVaD4BU</a><a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/FAATMG91KUU&amp;feature=related" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/FAATMG91KUU&amp;feature=related</a><a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/v6yLDq0iK4U&amp;feature=related" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/v6yLDq0iK4U&amp;feature=related</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/uoc8Ei9xk8g" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/uoc8Ei9xk8g</a>

LOL, hardly comparable. Sure the NBA has some floppers, but at least there is contact & the refs also have the common sense to realize half the time it is a flop & don't give them the call. Soccer players don't even get pushed & fall to the ground, NBA players get pushed & they just ridiculously overexaggerate how hard the push was.

Plus it happens way more in Soccer than it does in Basketball.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #108 on: July 05, 2010, 04:05:29 PM »
Unless someone literally proves the rate of dives per sport in a match, we really can't say who does it more based off some youtube videos. 

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #109 on: July 05, 2010, 05:23:33 PM »
The main reason why the World Cup has so many bad calls is because they do the politically correct thing to get refs from everywhere. Every country can only have 1 ref. Meaning they don't get the best refs, but the most diverse refs. Which also means that the refs come from very different cultures and therefore tend to blow the whistle very differently, also a ref from Uzbekistan is not used to ref a ridiculously important game with the whole world watching and 60000 people in the stadium blowing vuvuzelas.

As for the acting, it is horrible in the NBA and in the World Cup, too. The only way to stop this is is by banning people for acting after analyzing video material. But they really don't wanna do this, as they want to leave the entire responsibility to the refs in charge. Villa was proven to do a red card hit on some Honduras player, but the FIFA didn't wanna do shit because the ref didn't do shit. They need to change that attitude, or it will always stay this way. Because it is a moral hazard - if people don't get penalyzed for inadequate behavior.

But how many times was a player injured for weeks, months or even his whole career after an NBA foul? It happens on a regular basis in soccer.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #110 on: July 05, 2010, 06:55:10 PM »
The thing about diving in soccer is that if you don't overreact then the ref won't give the foul, sure the odd people just blatently dive but more often then not it's just about trying to make sure that the ref sees the foul and makes the call, and it's always gonna happen more in soccer than basketball cos there's more contact in soccer

About missed calls it happens in EVERY sport and it was always gonna happen in the world cup because the Refs are under SO much pressure since it's one of the biggest sporting events and since FIFA are against technology. It's not like the playoffs where the Refs review the video multiple times and then still get it wrong ;D

IRAN iz Gangsta!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Up in Yo bitch iz where you might find me!
« Reply #111 on: July 08, 2010, 04:40:35 PM »
diving is all theatrics....americans are so dumb, they actually think the players are serious when they dive or act like they're hurt.  Anyway this is all going to stop once they bring in video replay or extra refs which they are doing from now on, its confirmed.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #112 on: July 08, 2010, 10:02:41 PM »
diving is all theatrics....americans are so dumb, they actually think the players are serious when they dive or act like they're hurt.  Anyway this is all going to stop once they bring in video replay or extra refs which they are doing from now on, its confirmed.

No, we don't think they're serious; we're telling you that they are acting pussies, that aren't fooling anyone & look like morons when they do it lol.

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #113 on: July 09, 2010, 02:43:55 AM »
diving is all theatrics....americans are so dumb, they actually think the players are serious when they dive or act like they're hurt.  Anyway this is all going to stop once they bring in video replay or extra refs which they are doing from now on, its confirmed.

No, we don't think they're serious; we're telling you that they are acting pussies, that aren't fooling anyone & look like morons when they do it lol.

That's what everybody thinks. The acting in this world cup has been terrible. But don't act like this is what the game is all about. Of course they look like morons, but it's cheating, to call itr a sport for fags is plain stupid/ pure hating. And, of course, in lower leagues you see way less diving/acting.   

IRAN iz Gangsta!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #114 on: July 09, 2010, 12:50:47 PM »

if its acting then why are they pussies? do u think every actor is a pussy?

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #115 on: July 09, 2010, 01:44:07 PM »

If you admit they are all actors, then it isn't much a sport is it? Do you think all sports movies with actors are real?

Just admit that they look like little girls.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/M81KviQGUVE" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/M81KviQGUVE</a> Ain't no jokes or pussy shit here. 8)

Fraxxx

« Reply #116 on: July 09, 2010, 01:52:03 PM »
diving is all theatrics....americans are so dumb, they actually think the players are serious when they dive or act like they're hurt.  Anyway this is all going to stop once they bring in video replay or extra refs which they are doing from now on, its confirmed.

That's what everybody thinks. The acting in this world cup has been terrible. But don't act like this is what the game is all about. Of course they look like morons, but it's cheating, to call itr a sport for fags is plain stupid/ pure hating. And, of course, in lower leagues you see way less diving/acting.   

This. Fewer cards for not so bad fouls, more cards for diving/acting.
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

IRAN iz Gangsta!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #117 on: July 09, 2010, 05:06:11 PM »

If you admit they are all actors, then it isn't much a sport is it? Do you think all sports movies with actors are real?

Just admit that they look like little girls.

man if david villa was to kick a ball for a long range shot and it hit u directly in the face, you'd be on the ground crying and probably with a broken nose

u have no idea the type of collisions that happen in soccer

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #118 on: July 09, 2010, 07:14:04 PM »
Still arguing, lol. Just watch the sports you enjoy watching or playing and leave it at that. Another question, who here plays sport? lol. Betcha no-one.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #119 on: July 09, 2010, 11:14:24 PM »
Another question, who here plays sport? lol. Betcha no-one.

If you meant professionally, obviously not.

But I play Football ALL the time; no pads too. 8)