Author Topic: World Cup teams explained to an average American - LOL  (Read 2601 times)

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: World Cup teams explained to an average American - LOL
« Reply #60 on: June 12, 2010, 05:26:00 PM »
Fuck off Rugby >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> NFL

Your shitty stop start game that involves putting the players in cotten wool padding is crap compared to rugby. True people watch the NFL in the UK but usually just the Final cause its so hyped by the American media and pushed upon us.

lol There will be an NFL team in London at some point. Poor Rugby.  Its like watching your little sister play Football lol. Yeah, they have no pads. No pads because they hit like pussies. In Basketball they dont wear pads either. Why? Because they dont get hit as hard as Football. In Soccer they dont wear pads. Why? Cus they dont get hit as hard as football. Rugby is no different. Its just that the players are fuckin morons compared to those other sports.

lol. And what do you base your thoughts on? The Heineken Cup....European rugby on epsn? American rugby? Lol. Man, you americans can't speak on rugby coz youse are shit at it.......3rd tier team. 2 different sports. If gridiron was more free running like rugby, man I'd get into it more. Don't get me wrong, NFL is the shit.

Dont just come at me man. Go at the person who made the first comment dissin Football. Im not the one dissing Rugby for no reason. Ive only responded to others who say something stupid about Football.

True. My bad. All these attacks on my sport, I just had to defend it, lol.

if Ray Lewis in his absolute prime played Rugby, men would have been killed.

Ray Lewis would've been dangerous, but that's because he's a top athlete, he would've excelled in any sport he participated in.

Anyway, what's the story with the pads & helmets, I know they weren't there back in the day. Betchu guys didn't know gridiron origins go back to soccer? I guess that's why youse still call it football, lol.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #61 on: June 12, 2010, 05:38:59 PM »

Your shitty stop start game that involves putting the players in cotten wool padding is crap compared to rugby. True people watch the NFL in the UK but usually just the Final cause its so hyped by the American media and pushed upon us.

lol There will be an NFL team in London at some point. Poor Rugby.  Its like watching your little sister play Football lol. Yeah, they have no pads. No pads because they hit like pussies. In Basketball they dont wear pads either. Why? Because they dont get hit as hard as Football. In Soccer they dont wear pads. Why? Cus they dont get hit as hard as football. Rugby is no different. Its just that the players are fuckin morons compared to those other sports.

lol. And what do you base your thoughts on? The Heineken Cup....European rugby on epsn? American rugby? Lol. Man, you americans can't speak on rugby coz youse are shit at it.......3rd tier team. 2 different sports. If gridiron was more free running like rugby, man I'd get into it more. Don't get me wrong, NFL is the shit.

Dont just come at me man. Go at the person who made the first comment dissin Football. Im not the one dissing Rugby for no reason. Ive only responded to others who say something stupid about Football.

Ray Lewis would've been dangerous, but that's because he's a top athlete, he would've excelled in any sport he participated in.

Anyway, what's the story with the pads & helmets, I know they weren't there back in the day. Betchu guys didn't know gridiron origins go back to soccer? I guess that's why youse still call it football, lol.

The way I see sports is like this. The more dangerous a sport becomes, the more measures get taken to prevent injury. People arent stupid. This isnt a knock on Rugby, but if Rugby was dangerous enough...they would wear more pads. Its simple. The leagues and teams would want to protect their players if they needed to. Imagine how long a hockey goalie would last if he didnt wear any protective gear lol Athletes continually get bigger, stronger, and faster. Any linebacker in football right now, would destroy players 40 years ago. Even the best players. So as they got bigger, and stronger, and the hits got more violent...there was more of a need for protective gear. Its not an exaggeration when I say, without helmets and pads...you would have at least one player paralyzed a game lol. Now the only downside to the helmets and pads...is that players began to use them as weapons on the field. Players started using the helmet as a weapon when tackling and really causing a lot of damage. Which is why they have changed some of the rules over the years.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

K-MACC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #62 on: June 12, 2010, 09:39:35 PM »
keep on crying dayho :'(

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #63 on: June 12, 2010, 10:19:33 PM »
^lol, i love people who ignore the argument & just say shit like this because they have nothing to say. :D

« Reply #64 on: June 12, 2010, 10:25:26 PM »

Keep thinkin "Smear the Queer" is a real mans sport faggot.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #65 on: June 12, 2010, 10:35:04 PM »

The way I see sports is like this. The more dangerous a sport becomes, the more measures get taken to prevent injury. People arent stupid. This isnt a knock on Rugby, but if Rugby was dangerous enough...they would wear more pads. Its simple. The leagues and teams would want to protect their players if they needed to. Imagine how long a hockey goalie would last if he didnt wear any protective gear lol Athletes continually get bigger, stronger, and faster. Any linebacker in football right now, would destroy players 40 years ago. Even the best players. So as they got bigger, and stronger, and the hits got more violent...there was more of a need for protective gear. Its not an exaggeration when I say, without helmets and pads...you would have at least one player paralyzed a game lol. Now the only downside to the helmets and pads...is that players began to use them as weapons on the field. Players started using the helmet as a weapon when tackling and really causing a lot of damage. Which is why they have changed some of the rules over the years.

I see your point about protective gear, and for a contact sport like gridiron they're needed. Don't forget rules, it's the rules in sport that protect players the most.

Don't think you'll ever change your view on rugby, but if you grew up here in NZ, Australia or in the UK, you'd be pro rugby, rugby league or soccer instead of pro-NBA, NFL, NHL & MLB. You have your opinion, but because rugby is so small in America, your view on rugby don't mean much since your understanding of the game would be minimal. You can't school me on rugby as much as I can't school you on gridiron.

« Reply #66 on: June 12, 2010, 10:38:59 PM »

I see your point about protective gear, and for a contact sport like gridiron they're needed. Don't forget rules, it's the rules in sport that protect players the most.

Don't think you'll ever change your view on rugby, but if you grew up here in NZ, Australia or in the UK, you'd be pro rugby, rugby league or soccer instead of pro-NBA, NFL, NHL & MLB. You have your opinion, but because rugby is so small in America, your view on rugby don't mean much since your understanding of the game would be minimal. You can't school me on rugby as much as I can't school you on gridiron.

Youre probably right...if I grew up there I would probably be a bigtime Rugby and Soccer fan. And if you grew up here you would probably be a bigtime Football, Basketball or Baseball fan. Sports are  cultural thing. Which is why like I said...i try not to just take shots at peoples sports for no reason. Unless im provoked...or if Im just fuckin around and not bein serious. Some of these lil faggotass dudes on here just annoy the shit outta me with their ignorance is all.

K-MACC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #67 on: June 12, 2010, 10:45:39 PM »

Keep thinkin "Smear the Queer" is a real mans sport faggot.
waaaa still crying like a bitch boy

StreetsAllSalute

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #68 on: June 14, 2010, 12:48:24 AM »
to be fair i watched a bit of an MLS game last night and can now see why soccer isnt liked in america the standard was shocking from the play to the commentating i wouldnt watch that shit either

most Americans arent judging Soccer on MLS. Hardly anyone even knows that shit exists lol.

MLS? ???

you see...

funny i remember having an arguement with cham about MLS before...when he was tellin me beckham was the best player in the world :laugh:

but yah it sucks i wudnt like football either

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #69 on: June 14, 2010, 09:38:37 AM »
^was that around the same time you told me the US had "no chance" to beat England? :laugh:

StreetsAllSalute

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #70 on: June 14, 2010, 04:16:16 PM »
^was that around the same time you told me the US had "no chance" to beat England? :laugh:

yes i believe so...and you do know 1-1 is a draw right? :laugh:

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #71 on: June 14, 2010, 05:17:03 PM »

i'm aware; tying was a win for us though.

in this country, "no chance" means you're losing no matter what; probably getting blown out.

was not the case, champ. ;)

StreetsAllSalute

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #72 on: June 15, 2010, 12:53:07 AM »

i'm aware; tying was a win for us though.

in this country, "no chance" means you're losing no matter what; probably getting blown out.

was not the case, champ. ;)

and there in lies the beauty of football  ;D

and i dont care what it means in your country everywhere else wont beat= wont win i.e score more than the other side
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 01:02:25 AM by StreetsAllSalute »

IRAN iz Gangsta!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Up in Yo bitch iz where you might find me!
« Reply #73 on: June 16, 2010, 03:13:51 PM »
^lol, i love people who ignore the argument & just say shit like this because they have nothing to say. :D

so far thats been u guys doing that, i havent seen anyone comeback to my arguments

bottom line is, i dont expect u guys to ever understand soccer, its like explaining how to do taxes to a 5 year old

Jaydc

« Reply #74 on: June 16, 2010, 03:16:12 PM »

so far thats been u guys doing that, i havent seen anyone comeback to my arguments

bottom line is, i dont expect u guys to ever understand soccer, its like explaining how to do taxes to a 5 year old

Yes because soccer is so complicated LOL