Author Topic: World Cup teams explained to an average American - LOL  (Read 2619 times)

ICHI THE KILLER

Re: World Cup teams explained to an average American - LOL
« Reply #90 on: June 18, 2010, 10:33:13 AM »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #91 on: June 18, 2010, 11:47:52 AM »

You mad we stole the name & made a better sport? ;)

ICHI THE KILLER

« Reply #92 on: June 18, 2010, 01:05:52 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
hahah i culdnt care less i watch both sports when have time its just funny that NFl has nothing really with kicking that ball so why its called football when handegg suits its more (i think it similar situation with makin all those remaks in hollywood  :P :P ). if i have to choose watch finals for example CHAMPIONS LEAGUE vs NFL my vote going for  CH. LEague as this is much much more entertaing for me  and i only wish to see one day match rugby vs football amer. (some1 said NFL use protection because they hitting harder i thing they are bunch of pussies scared to be hurt that why in rugby they dont need all that BS - im not rugby fan at all i think its even more boring then ice skating).
the namer shluld be changed from soccer to sucker as what they doing in US really sucks.

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #93 on: June 19, 2010, 08:39:28 PM »
Funny article.

Lol at the Germany = Dallas Cowboys one

Loons and straighlaced players are always at the core of the cowboys

actually have been paying attention to the World Cup this year and have been pulling for Germany

If people gave it more of a chance, they would def. be entertained, but the fact we don't really play it as much as other sports kills its real chances to catch on here
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

westsiderider323

« Reply #94 on: June 19, 2010, 08:47:32 PM »

the arrow is actually pointing to his elbow FAIL

Jaydc

StreetsAllSalute

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #97 on: June 20, 2010, 06:11:18 AM »
^But you don't see threads like, "LOL, Baseball is fifty million times better than Cricket!"; you guys ask for it. :P

Uh-oh........ a yank talking cricket?  :laugh:, lol. I see ESPN show tiny bits of it but I can't see that sport EVER, ever, ever, eveeeerrrr taking off in the U.S. Unless it's Poly's playing Samoan Cricket....................at the local park, lol.

fuck cricket & rugby they're both terrible ass sports

i can agree with that although i do know a few people that play rugby and enjoy it i have no time for either...which coincidentally blows this whole patriotic arguement out of the water

LOL, because you have "no time for it" that means the patriotic argument is out? How?

Just because you have no time for it, doesn't mean you don't love it; it also doesn't mean you wouldn't defend it if I was to go on about how awful they are in comparision to American sports.

lol no

i would rather play basketball than either

id probably prefer to play rugby over nfl as it wouldnt involve me taking steroids but tell the truth in terms of watchin either sport their both tied(i.e i wouldnt watch either)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #98 on: July 01, 2010, 03:53:25 PM »
An American sports writer about the World Cup:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/100701

I love the Cup because it stripped away all the things about professional sports that I've come to despise. No sideline reporters. No JumboTron. No TV timeouts. No onslaught of replays after every half-decent play. No gimmicky team names like the "Heat" or the "Thunder." (You know what the announcers call Germany? The Germans. I love this.) No announcers breathlessly overhyping everything or saying crazy things to get noticed. We don't have to watch 82 mostly half-assed games to get to the playoffs. We don't have 10 graphics on the screen at all times. We don't have to sit there for four hours waiting for a winner because pitchers are taking 25 seconds to deliver a baseball.

The World Cup just bangs it out: Two cool national anthems, two 45-minute halves, a few minutes of extra time and usually we're done. Everything flies by. Everything means something. It's the single best sporting event we have by these four measures: efficiency, significance, historical context and truly meaningful/memorable/exciting moments. You know … as long as you like soccer.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

IRAN iz Gangsta!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Up in Yo bitch iz where you might find me!
« Reply #99 on: July 01, 2010, 05:22:19 PM »
An American sports writer about the World Cup:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/100701

I love the Cup because it stripped away all the things about professional sports that I've come to despise. No sideline reporters. No JumboTron. No TV timeouts. No onslaught of replays after every half-decent play. No gimmicky team names like the "Heat" or the "Thunder." (You know what the announcers call Germany? The Germans. I love this.) No announcers breathlessly overhyping everything or saying crazy things to get noticed. We don't have to watch 82 mostly half-assed games to get to the playoffs. We don't have 10 graphics on the screen at all times. We don't have to sit there for four hours waiting for a winner because pitchers are taking 25 seconds to deliver a baseball.

The World Cup just bangs it out: Two cool national anthems, two 45-minute halves, a few minutes of extra time and usually we're done. Everything flies by. Everything means something. It's the single best sporting event we have by these four measures: efficiency, significance, historical context and truly meaningful/memorable/exciting moments. You know … as long as you like soccer.

case closed!

NFL fan boys can go back to getting orgasms over other men's muscles and tights. LOL!

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #100 on: July 02, 2010, 01:05:39 PM »
^Funny, because the sportswriter was obviously talking about Basketball; but you have time & time again proved you know NOTHING about American sports, so it wouldn't surprise me lol.

StreetsAllSalute

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #101 on: July 05, 2010, 01:16:01 AM »
^Funny, because the sportswriter was obviously talking about Basketball; but you have time & time again proved you know NOTHING about American sports, so it wouldn't surprise me lol.

We don't have to sit there for four hours waiting for a winner because pitchers are taking 25 seconds to deliver a baseball.

yeah obviously

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #102 on: July 05, 2010, 09:25:42 AM »
So I think there have been more blown calls than goals scored.

What a sport. ::)

StreetsAllSalute

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #103 on: July 05, 2010, 11:16:04 AM »

how many major blown calls has their been then...bearing in mind germany have scored at least 12 by theirselves?

what a *#*^ ::)

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #104 on: July 05, 2010, 11:52:57 AM »

Has there ever been an NBA playoff game where it ends and people have said, "those were some great refs tonight" lol.