Author Topic: World Cup teams explained to an average American - LOL  (Read 2666 times)

Jaydc

Re: World Cup teams explained to an average American - LOL
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2010, 01:08:53 PM »
i read a few then stopped.Whoever took the time to write this needs a life.But I lold at the memphis grizzlies comparison,that team is still a joke and has never been seen as anything more,so I fail to see how their a unshakable legimatacy,theyve made the playoffs once,and ahve less fans in memphis then they did in vancouver.

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2010, 01:12:19 PM »
Funny thread.

lol2 Northern Iowa. I'd be insulted, but soccer not a strong point, far from it.... that goes for Sth Africa too. And you're right, they were happy as to qualify, the whole country was, we'd be lucky to win a game, lol.

StreetsAllSalute

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2010, 01:18:09 PM »
^actually, it really depends how you evaluate that one, buddy.

Football, the NFL, is played in one country, by just Americans & it gets some of the highest ratings on TV, Worldwide; Soccer is played by every nation in the World & gets what? twice as many viewers? well i would hope so considering every nation in the World plays it.

if you guys didn't have so much national pride & didn't force yourselves to feel above or too good for Americans & just accept Football, opposed to acting like you truly believe Rugby is better, Football could BLOW UP in Europe.

because honestly, it's just a much more improved & advanced version of Rugby, but your pride won't allow you to play it, shame.

sure, athletically you physically could never assemble a team as gifted as the best players in the NFL, but like Canada you could have fun with yourselfs. ;)

iwas going to break this post down but there is actually no point

so your right no one in europe has ever played american football basketball or baseball

and its because of our pride that we feel from a young age of not being american

aLOL i give up some ppl cant see the trees cus thee forest is in the way

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2010, 01:26:02 PM »

Football, the NFL, is played in one country, by just Americans & it gets some of the highest ratings on TV, Worldwide; Soccer is played by every nation in the World & gets what? twice as many viewers? well i would hope so considering every nation in the World plays it.

if you guys didn't have so much national pride & didn't force yourselves to feel above or too good for Americans & just accept Football, opposed to acting like you truly believe Rugby is better, Football could BLOW UP in Europe.

because honestly, it's just a much more improved & advanced version of Rugby, but your pride won't allow you to play it, shame.

sure, athletically you physically could never assemble a team as gifted as the best players in the NFL, but like Canada you could have fun with yourselfs. ;)

so your right no one in europe has ever played american football basketball or baseball

and its because of our pride that we feel from a young age of not being american

break what down? you agreed, you clearly got it. ;)

do i expect you to agree with me? obviously not, your pride simply will not allow you to get showed up by an American. ;)

StreetsAllSalute

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2010, 01:35:24 PM »

break what down? you agreed, you clearly got it. ;)

do i expect you to agree with me? obviously not, your pride simply will not allow you to get showed up by an American. ;)
[/quote

and that couldnt possibly be working vice-versa because??...

can i just clarify you are the same kid who said he'd never need to travel anywhere else in the world to see another countries culture because new york has all different nationalities livin there??

and how many American football threads you see me in?? yet its my pride thats stoppn us agreeing?

end of the day i give a fuck what sports u play ive played and watched them all and id still rather play football

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2010, 01:48:47 PM »
^technically, you don't have to; i'm sure i would though.

i gotta go drinking Ireland. :cheers:

& how many Soccer threads do you see me in? this one clearly pertains to me in the title; so it's an obvious acception lol.

& it's not "vice-versa" because Soccer has a reputation for being boring; i'd like to meet the man whose watched an NFL game was "bored" lol.

so for me, Soccer is just living up to it's reputation where Football is just denied because it's American & has the same name as your #1 sport.

StreetsAllSalute

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2010, 02:02:29 PM »

& how many Soccer threads do you see me in? this one clearly pertains to me in the title; so it's an obvious acception lol.

& it's not "vice-versa" because Soccer has a reputation for being boring; i'd like to meet the man whose watched an NFL game was "bored" lol.

so for me, Soccer is just living up to it's reputation where Football is just denied because it's American & has the same name as your #1 sport.

umm technically you do i met a kosovan dosent mean i know what its like to live in kosovo

where does it have this reputation for being boring? oh right america....

ive watched nfl and basketball neither held my attention american footballs fun enough to play but id rather play football

please accept this as an opinion held by millions of ppl worldwide and stop trying to tell ppl were wrong stupid or too proud because we dont like something you clearly hold an affinty for

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2010, 02:11:56 PM »

stop trying to tell ppl were wrong stupid or too proud because we dont like something you clearly hold an affinty for

you understand this goes both ways tho right?! I dont take time out to diss the shit outta Soccer...until some dumbass decides to start talkin shit about Football. I might take lil shots every once in a while...joking around, thats it. But I respect Soccer for what it is. It just isnt in my top 5 sports to watch or anything.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2010, 02:22:58 PM »

stop trying to tell ppl were wrong stupid or too proud because we dont like something you clearly hold an affinty for

you understand this goes both ways tho right?! I dont take time out to diss the shit outta Soccer...until some dumbass decides to start talkin shit about Football. I might take lil shots every once in a while...joking around, thats it. But I respect Soccer for what it is. It just isnt in my top 5 sports to watch or anything.

yeah really lol.

StreetsAllSalute

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2010, 02:24:51 PM »

is that not exatly what im saying though?

K-MACC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2010, 02:27:19 PM »
hi haters  :-* you dont like soccer thats good, go watch basketball or your gay american handball.

« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2010, 02:33:49 PM »

is that not exatly what im saying though?

Im just saying it goes both ways is all.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2010, 02:43:56 PM »
hi haters  :-* you dont like soccer thats good, go watch basketball or your gay american handball.

see....shit like this. ^^

I didnt diss soccer. But American Football is "gay"...while prancing around with your hands in the air (dont wanna get em dirty now) like a fuckin sissy, kicking a little ball around and falling on the ground writhing in pain anytime another player touches your jersey.....no...not gay at all.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2010, 02:47:16 PM »
Let's sum this up

-Obviously, it's fine if you don't like something....nobody is forcing you to. 
-Anybody that disses the other sport with stupid reasons is a moron

I'm tired of watching every football/soccer/sports thread turn into stupid ass disses from both sides. 

« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2010, 02:48:47 PM »
Let's sum this up

-Obviously, it's fine if you don't like something....nobody is forcing you to. 
-Anybody that disses the other sport with stupid reasons is a moron

I'm tired of watching every football/soccer/sports thread turn into stupid ass disses from both sides. 

ay fuck you!!