Author Topic: Game: "only 10 tracks on Detox"  (Read 1397 times)

woof

Game: "only 10 tracks on Detox"
« on: June 12, 2010, 12:04:59 PM »
@ 1:25

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sRQwk9EaMW4" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sRQwk9EaMW4</a>

Game and DJ Drama talk about Detox. He said Dre only put 10 tracks on the album.

Pushin It with TI and Robin Thicke is a RED Album track

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: Game: "only 10 tracks on Detox"
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 12:10:57 PM »
if it's really only 10 songs, they better be the 10 best songs in Hip Hop history lol.

& did Game say they recorded thousands & thousands of songs? i want to hear at least a thousand of them before i die lol.

for some reason i don't think Detox will have 10 songs on it, but if it does, whatever.

i needa pick myself up some Dre Beats Headphones though. :P

Tutlock

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2010, 12:33:46 PM »
better 10 good songs than an album full of filler and bullshit skits

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2010, 12:38:16 PM »
10 songs and 2 interludes i bet and maybe a bonus track or a remix.  speaking of remix i hope dre pulls out a different beat, i'm still thinking about 2 this day what JustBlaze was on tha other week... true shit.  but it'll be hot nonetheless

Unforgivable by Sean John

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2010, 12:40:35 PM »
Yea i genuinely hope these are epic, 8 minute long tracks.

But i have a bad feeling that this is Dre's insecurity at work... he probably took no chances with this album and just picked 2 radio singles and 8 other songs he thought everyone would like... the fact is that Dre's weakness as a producer is his fear of taking chances.

WCoastTillIDie

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2010, 12:57:29 PM »
This better be the greatest tracks, not only hip hop, but in the entire existence of music.  10 fucking years later and you're only gonna release 10 tracks, as a last album?  SMH Dre  >:(

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2010, 01:15:28 PM »
The fact is that Dre's weakness as a producer is his fear of taking chances.

you deserve a round of applause from the ENTIRE WORLD for that 1 lol... no seriously tho, that's 1 of the best things i've ever heard in life, especially coming from on here lol. 

but 8 minutes tracks tho, i can't co-sign with that unless the songs Morph from 1 thing 2 the next on every track.  now that shit would be amazing, plus it's never really been done b4.  i read somewhere there was somebody who did something like that for this 1 album but i 4got who it was and it definitely wasn't a hiphop album lol.  good shit tho my nigg, that was on point.

NewYork Pope

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2010, 01:24:50 PM »
Dre said this long ago repeatedly. Game didn't drop no "exlcusive" Detox info. lol

woof

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2010, 01:26:21 PM »
Dre said this long ago repeatedly. Game didn't drop no "exlcusive" Detox info. lol

Dre said 12 songs.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 01:28:02 PM by woof »

Unforgivable by Sean John

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2010, 01:32:15 PM »

you deserve a round of applause from the ENTIRE WORLD for that 1 lol... no seriously tho, that's 1 of the best things i've ever heard in life, especially coming from on here lol. 

but 8 minutes tracks tho, i can't co-sign with that unless the songs Morph from 1 thing 2 the next on every track.  now that shit would be amazing, plus it's never really been done b4.  i read somewhere there was somebody who did something like that for this 1 album but i 4got who it was and it definitely wasn't a hiphop album lol.  good shit tho my nigg, that was on point.

haha thank you... yea for 8 minute songs to work they have to be mulit-part songs. Nonetheless, an epic, multi-part Dr. Dre beat that lasts for 8 minutes and has 3+ rappers on it would be great.

Game said the album 'won't' be coming out this year tho :/... oh well lol.

00X2X

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2010, 01:34:31 PM »
i Dont Believe Anything Game Says These  Days  Tbh   :P
<a href="http://www.youtube.com//v/rW6GVvOgcsY" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com//v/rW6GVvOgcsY</a>

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2010, 01:44:41 PM »

haha thank you... yea for 8 minute songs to work they have to be mulit-part songs. Nonetheless, an epic, multi-part Dr. Dre beat that lasts for 8 minutes and has 3+ rappers on it would be great.

Game said the album 'won't' be coming out this year tho :/... oh well lol.

lol

but back 2 tha 8 minutes thing.  that would be a pretty miticulous and damn near impossible task to pull off for rap music unless 3 or 5 minutes of the track was str8 instrumental and it would actually have 2 be good.  but idk, u saying that actually makes me wanna try 2 make an 8 minute song 2 c how it works out.

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2010, 03:03:45 PM »
Doggystyle and the Chronic didn't have many tracks, Illmatic only had 10 too... most of the older classics had not many tracks

Dre reads reviews and the negative things critics said about 2001 was that there were too many tracks, so some of them were so-so filler and the album would have been much tighter if he'd trimmed it down to just the best tracks

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2010, 03:48:02 PM »
Doggystyle and the Chronic didn't have many tracks, Illmatic only had 10 too... most of the older classics had not many tracks

Dre reads reviews and the negative things critics said about 2001 was that there were too many tracks, so some of them were so-so filler and the album would have been much tighter if he'd trimmed it down to just the best tracks

Chronic 2001 is the only perfect album ever made! I LOVE every song on that album!

And the reviews Ive read were all positive?

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2010, 04:07:43 PM »
i Dont Believe Anything Game Says These  Days  Tbh   :P

Lol this, hows that release date and Dre produced album coming bro? :laugh: