Author Topic: NBA Finals- Game 6- Official Thread  (Read 396 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
NBA Finals- Game 6- Official Thread
« on: June 15, 2010, 06:20:18 PM »
Looks like this is going to be another close one...

I was thinking what is this Lakers team missing that they haven't been able to put this series away yet?  The only thing I can think of as the weak link is Artest.  Who was that young guy they had last year in his place?  The Lakers didn't pay him after the season and they are really paying for it now.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: NBA Finals- Game 6- Official Thread
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 06:22:02 PM »
You're talking about Trevor Ariza.

Anyways, ain't it funny how everybody is talking about how Bynum might miss the games because of his knees and now he is playing and Perkins just injures his knee in the first quarter?
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 06:35:10 PM »

Anyways, ain't it funny how everybody is talking about how Bynum might miss the games because of his knees and now he is playing and Perkins just injures his knee in the first quarter?

yep, that's it, Trevor Ariza.  I'm curious to see what kind of season he had this year, I don't remember hearing anything about him after he left the lakers.

The Perkins injury isn't a big deal in my opinion.  I think they are a much better team with Rasheed Wallace or Bigbaby on the floor anyway.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2010, 06:37:05 PM »
the fix is on
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2010, 06:42:59 PM »
Lakers are pulling away. :-X

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2010, 06:50:46 PM »
Okay as soon as I dissed Artest now Artest is going off and having his best game.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2010, 06:55:00 PM »

yep, that's it, Trevor Ariza.  I'm curious to see what kind of season he had this year, I don't remember hearing anything about him after he left the lakers.

The Perkins injury isn't a big deal in my opinion.  I think they are a much better team with Rasheed Wallace or Bigbaby on the floor anyway.

Well he is playing for the Rockets, a losing team noone cares about. You don't get any fame as a role player on such a team.

It's not that Perkins himself is such a huge loss, it's watching a teammate on the road going down like that in aching pain... it can deliver a big mental blow when you're already down.

Either way if the Lakers lose this one now, they are retarded.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2010, 07:44:13 PM »
garbage ass game
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2010, 08:31:31 PM »
garbage ass game

Yeah, kind of seemed like both teams subconsciously agreed that they would decide this affair in a Game 7.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2010, 08:38:57 PM »
garbage ass game

Yeah, kind of seemed like both teams subconsciously agreed that they would decide this affair in a Game 7.

lol i bet David Stern called up the NBA doctors and said "DON'T CLEAR PERKINS TO COME BACK IN GAME 6"

Sccit

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2010, 12:17:00 AM »
^LOL...take your sig down. luck of the Irish is runnin out. Artest is an X-factor. Dude is our anchor on defense. While Ariza was a very good role player, Artest's defense, toughness, and tenacity has proven to be vital to our run this year. Lakers handlin business.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2010, 01:05:35 PM »

ariza was running the offense on the rockets (which he was horrible at) he had a couple good games but he proved he cant be a go to guy not last season anyways.  since they got kevin martin im sure he'll soon be the first option unless yao comes back 100% and given he doesnt go into free agency. BUT ARIZA WOULD NOT have shutten down DURANT int he first round although even with ariza i dont think we would of lost but it would of gone to 7.

Perkins gettin injured is a VERY VERY big deal, thats ONE LESS BIG thatll take the fouls and hes a traditional big center that can defend bynum or gasol (when hes playing like a scrub). more or less gasol bcuz i believe gasol can beat perkin off the dribble with his finess.

without perkins u lose a big man thats very capable of defending the bigs, if sheed and davis get into foul trouble what than? theres gonna be a mismatch with atleast one laker big.

also it changes the routine and their chemistry. plays would be different because both those bigs shooters and can space up the floor, which can be a blessing and a curse. and plus big baby CANNOT defend gasol or bynum

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2010, 02:45:28 PM »
garbage ass game

lol i bet David Stern called up the NBA doctors and said "DON'T CLEAR PERKINS TO COME BACK IN GAME 6"
Right, because Perkins averages 22 points a game. ::)

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2010, 03:03:48 PM »
garbage ass game

Right, because Perkins averages 22 points a game. ::)

yea but it doenst help having 1 of your 2 7 footers being injured when the other team has 3 (generously) 7 footers (odom,bynum.gasol)

obviously perkins isnt an explosive offensive player hes basically a dwight howard thats alot slower and (even though it might be impossible) has less offensive game than dwight howard.

hes a traditional center that doesnt really have any above the average skills, but he still is a traditional center which is hard to come by these days. hes there to be a strong post presence that can lock down the bynums, the dwights, the al jeffersons, greg odens, and smaller defenders.

and plus its the fouls, havnt u guys noticed that the celtics bigs have just been pounding on ours  without the regard for fouls? without perkins its 6 less fouls and plus they might have a smaller player in there (besides big baby n sheed) to defend but it just makes them more prone to 3 point plays.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.