Author Topic: Official NBA Free Agent Frenzy Thread  (Read 1670 times)

westsiderider323

Official NBA Free Agent Frenzy Thread
« on: June 30, 2010, 09:02:33 PM »
gentlemen, it has begun  8)

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
Re: Official NBA Free Agent Frenzy Thread
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 12:53:33 PM »
I thought it'll be better to keep one thread for all the NBA free agent signings. Obviously if there are threads about some of the big names (LeBrom, Wade, Bosh) it's understandable. For a lot of the other ones though, we can keep one thread. Use your discretion on which signings should get its own thread and which can be put in here. Thanks guys!

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2010, 12:55:26 PM »
Rudy Gay Agrees to Max Deal with Grizzlies

Rudy Gay(notes)  has agreed to a five-year, $81.6 million contract with the Memphis Grizzlies, his representatives at Octagon confirmed to Y! Sports.

The fifth and final year of the contract will be at Gay’s option.

“We have a verbal agreement on a deal,” said Gay’s agent, Jeff Austin.

The Grizzlies had the right to match any offer made to Gay because he’s a restricted free agent. But by reaching agreement quickly, they prevented another suitor – like the Minnesota Timberwolves – from front-loading a contract offer with a signing bonus that could have necessitated a first-year payment of $20 million.

NBA.com first reported the agreement.

-----------------------------------------

Drew Gooden signs with Bucks

Drew Gooden(notes)  has reached agreement on a five-year, $32 million contract with the Milwaukee Bucks, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Gooden has played for eight teams in eight seasons, and hopes to find some stability with the fast-rising Bucks.

Bucks general manager John Hammond and agent Dan Fegan struck quickly on Thursday and cut a deal to help solidify Milwaukee’s frontline. Gooden will join a core of Andrew Bogut(notes) and Brandon Jennings(notes) that has added Corey Maggette(notes) and Chris Douglas-Roberts(notes) in the offseason. The Bucks are still negotiating with free agent John Salmons(notes) to return.

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2010, 03:12:03 PM »
Grizzlies and Hawks are out of their mind ... Max deal for Rudy Gay , are you fucking kidding me ... dude is worth 8-10 millions a year , not more

Joe Johnson new contract will be one of the worst in the history of the league....

Now a lot of players from superstars to role players are going to ask way more than they are actually worth  :-X

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2010, 03:30:26 PM »
The Hawks offered more than 120 mil to Joe Johnson? lmao...

Yao will sign with the Rockets for sure...

Dirk will very likely sign with the Mavs...

From what it looks like, the Knicks might end up with a fucked up consolation prize like Amare and noone else... this would be funny as fuck
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2010, 03:32:29 PM »
If the Knicks dont get LeBron...I think they should just retire the entire franchise. Fuckit..
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

theremedy360

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2010, 05:39:13 PM »
If the Knicks dont get LeBron...I think they should just retire the entire franchise. Fuckit..

Move them to Seatte, a shitty ass team like the Knicks looks good when you don't have one  :-\

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2010, 05:49:42 PM »
sounds like lebrons going back to cleveland and joe johnson back to atlanta

ugh i hate the NBA..neither dude is ever gonna win with those teams

and joe johnson ain't worth 60% of the 119 mill deal
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

westsiderider323

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2010, 05:52:13 PM »
sounds like lebrons going back to cleveland and joe johnson back to atlanta

no surprise there the media just made a huge deal outta this bullshit

PLANT

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2010, 06:33:54 PM »
The Toronto Raptors have come to terms on a five-year contract with Amir Johnson, according to Yahoo Sports.

It may not be the extension fans were hoping for but it's a good start to a summer of uncertainty for the NBA's lone Canadian franchise.

According to the report, Johnson's agent, Kevin Bradbury, told Yahoo Sports that the Raptors have signed Johnson to a five-year, $34 million deal.

Johnson enjoyed somewhat of a breakout season in Toronto in 2009-2010, averaging 6.2 points, 4.8 rebounds and 17 minutes per game while appearing in all 82 games with the Raptors.

Bradbury reportedly told Yahoo Sports that Johnson considered "about four teams" before deciding on Toronto.

Johnson and the Raptors have to wait until July 8, when the league's signing moratorium ends, to finalize the deal.

As of July 1, Johnson, 23, was a free agent. The Raptors acquired Johnson in a a trade with Milwaukee last August.

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2010, 08:06:44 PM »
I like Amir and all, but I don't think he's worth that much.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2010, 08:10:54 PM »

Move them to Seatte, a shitty ass team like the Knicks looks good when you don't have one  :-\

Yeah maybe. But the quality of basketball in Seattle has been as good as the basketball in NY as of late.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2010, 08:33:56 PM »
Darko got way too much $$$

this league is a joke....you tell us you are 400 million in the hole but yet the owners are overpaying GARBAGE players like dark anything more than a 6 figure salary???
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

theremedy360

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2010, 08:39:32 PM »

Yeah maybe. But the quality of basketball in Seattle has been as good as the basketball in NY as of late.

I'm telling you man, after watching my team get stolen and watching the prospects we drafted blossom in the worst market in  the US, I'm willing to take anyone, even a shit hole team like the Knicks.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2010, 08:48:16 PM »
you guys gotta be kidding me

lol @ david stern moving the knicks to seattle  hahaha that'd be hilarious

no sport can survive without an NY market