Author Topic: Official NBA Free Agent Frenzy Thread  (Read 1697 times)

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
Re: Official NBA Free Agent Frenzy Thread
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2010, 09:57:06 PM »
AP source: Bucks, Salmons agree for $40M

Main point of the article:

MILWAUKEE (AP)—Another day, another deal for the Milwaukee Bucks, who have suddenly become one of the biggest buyers during the most-hyped free agency period in NBA history.

The Bucks made another major move Friday, agreeing in principle to a $40 million, five-year deal with free agent guard John Salmons(notes), a person familiar with the negotiations told The Associated Press. The person spoke to the AP on the condition of anonymity Friday because the deal can’t become official until next Thursday.

The move to lock up Salmons, who played for the final half of last season with the Bucks, came one day after free agent power forward Drew Gooden(notes) agreed to a $32 million, five-year deal.

You can read the rest of the article at the link. Basically talks about the Bucks' moves.

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2010, 10:37:46 PM »
Whats frustrating is, the Spurs gave Manu that contract extension back in April. Now, Jefferson opted out, which puts us about 4 million under the cap. If they wouldnt have gave Manu that extention, right now we would be 16 million under and be in play for Lebron, Wade, Bosh or whoever. With the Spurs tradition, championships, coaching, etc...we would be in good shape to get one of the big names. Not to mention no state income tax in Texas. Whats even worse is, we would still have been able to resign Manu under the Bird rights and it wouldnt have count against the cap. I believe Jefferson too. Fuck..

Spurs are done, son...Yall had that nice run this past decade, but it's over for yall.

as of now...

Going up:
Portland
Oklahoma
Clippers
Dallas
Memphis
Kings
Houston

Going down:
Spurs
Suns
Jazz
Denver

Standing still:
Lakers
Minnesota
Warriors
New Orleans

West is getting better...I don't see San Antonio making the playoffs next year :-X

I would never count the Spurs out. ESPN ranked them 3rd best overall franchise for a reason, they stay constitution, and no matter the rebuilding, the Spurs know how to pick the right players and they are a lottery ball away from another run at titles.
The Hawks just ruined their chance at ever getting a championship during the Joe Johnson era. They are settling for playoff teams and 5th-8th seeds for the next 3-4 years, and then as Johnson declines they are looking at never being able to sign someone to play next to him, and eventually they'll be stuck with a bad contract.

Gay to stay on the Grizzlies, okay, but a bad contract as well. I was kind of hoping the Wolves pick him up, I really want a decent team to watch in person when the Lakers come into town. After all, when I saw the Lakers vs. KG's Wolves, there was excitement and it was great basketball. Now it's one sided and there are more Laker fans than Wolves fans. But if I was the Wolves, I wouldn't sign Gay to a max contract. Max contracts should only be for players that not only win, but also give you money with jersey sales, and an increase in season ticket holders. Max contract guys, Kobe Bryant, Tim Duncan, LeBron James, Dwayne Wade, Shaq in his prime, Steve Nash, Jason Kidd in his prime, evenually Kevin Durant, Maybe, and I mean maybe a Carmelo Anthony. There is no way in hell Joe Johnson and Rudy Gay fit the max contract standards. They are number 2 options that would be great next to a LeBron, or a Chris Bosh, but they are not someone you build a team around.

memphis has a ton of talent, with gasol, randolph, mayo , n gay, the grizzilies havnt gaven up on that core. the grizzlies is a very fun team to watch and alot more fun team than a wolves team with gay.

gays  over paid but that contract isnt all that bad

PG - Conley
SG - Mayo
SF - Gay
PF - Randolph
C - Gasol

thats a playoff contender if they were in  the east hands down.

The Grizzlies might still be an exciting team, as I did not say the Grizzlies would suffer, if they are willing to spend the money on the other players too. But Gay is not a max contract person, that should only be for your Bryants, LeBrons, Carmelos, Pierces, Duncans. Hell, Pierce worked out a deal that he doesn't get max contract anymore for more years with the Celtics. Grizzlies messed up giving Gay max money, and in 3-5 years they'll regret it.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2010, 11:18:11 PM »
today i learned why Boston resigned pierce

if they didn't they would have to eat that 21 milly on their cap space

fucking salary cap....just abolish it and make a salary MINIMUM instead
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2010, 03:17:37 AM »

OR they could have signed a much young player with their cap space instead. LOL
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2010, 11:50:57 AM »
Whats frustrating is, the Spurs gave Manu that contract extension back in April. Now, Jefferson opted out, which puts us about 4 million under the cap. If they wouldnt have gave Manu that extention, right now we would be 16 million under and be in play for Lebron, Wade, Bosh or whoever. With the Spurs tradition, championships, coaching, etc...we would be in good shape to get one of the big names. Not to mention no state income tax in Texas. Whats even worse is, we would still have been able to resign Manu under the Bird rights and it wouldnt have count against the cap. I believe Jefferson too. Fuck..

Spurs are done, son...Yall had that nice run this past decade, but it's over for yall.

as of now...

Going up:
Portland
Oklahoma
Clippers
Dallas
Memphis
Kings
Houston

Going down:
Spurs
Suns
Jazz
Denver

Standing still:
Lakers
Minnesota
Warriors
New Orleans

West is getting better...I don't see San Antonio making the playoffs next year :-X

I would never count the Spurs out. ESPN ranked them 3rd best overall franchise for a reason, they stay constitution, and no matter the rebuilding, the Spurs know how to pick the right players and they are a lottery ball away from another run at titles.

Counting out the Spurs is kind of like counting out the Patriots. Well run franchises, whether it be us, you guys, the Patriots, the Steelers...etc...dont really reBUILD. They reLOAD. Rebuilding is when you get to a point where you cant win with a roster, and completely start over fromt scratch. What the well run franchises do is...continuously add pieces at the right times, so that as their aging vets get closer to retirement...they already have someone to replace them. The Spurs can still win over 50 games. If healthy last year, they would have won at least 5 more games. They have a good young group of players who will take over. Hill will be an All Star, Im convinced. Im sure the Spurs are too if they are considering moving Parker. Blair is only going to get better, and he was already solid off the bench this year. Splitter if he comes over, will eventually replace Duncan. I think Anderson is gonna be a very good player in this league. Anyways, they are basically just transitioning to a new era...while still having Duncan, Manu, Parker to hold things down. Again, they will be in the playoffs next year...barring some sort of big injury to Duncan or Manu or something.

And apparently Amare is really trying to convince Parker to go to NY and play with him. We have GOT to trade Parker. There is no reason to not get ANYthing for him if he is gonna leave after this year. I think he does want to be in NY (Im sure Eva is in his ear). The problem is, the Knicks dont have anything we want. A Sign and Trade for Lee might be ok...but I dont know if that will happen. I think a third team would have to be involved.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2010, 08:57:07 PM »
Nowitzki’s adviser: Dirk staying in Dallas

DALLAS (AP)—Dirk Nowitzki(notes)  is sticking with the Dallas Mavericks.

Next question: Will he and Jason Kidd(notes) be able to lure anyone to join them?

Nowitzki’s adviser, Holger Geschwindner, told The Associated Press late Saturday night that Nowitzki and Mavs owner Mark Cuban have agreed “to get it done.” Teams and free agents can strike deals at any time, but can’t sign them until Thursday.

According to a person familiar with negotiations, the deal is for more than $80 million over four years, with a no-trade clause. The person spoke to the AP on condition of anonymity because of the NBA’s moratorium until Thursday. Team officials couldn’t comment because of that same rule.

“I think it’s a great deal,” Geschwindner said. “We’re pumped.”

The deal was first reported by ESPN.

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2010, 10:09:12 PM »

no moron, they can go over the cap to resign their own guy under the Bird rule

if he goes to another team Boston is on the hook for that 21 mill regardless
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2010, 01:46:23 AM »

no moron, they can go over the cap to resign their own guy under the Bird rule

if he goes to another team Boston is on the hook for that 21 mill regardless

how is this making sense? if he opts out and goes to another team, boston aint paying him shit

and if they had not resigned pierce, they woulda had cap space... not 21 mil obviously, but still some
No, it's not a sin

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2010, 02:19:07 AM »
Dirk re-signs with the Mavs and leaves 15 mil on the table after being offered the max

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2010/07/03/nowitzki-agrees-to-dallas-deal/
No, it's not a sin

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2010, 10:37:51 AM »
go google "the bird rule"

i'm sure it will shed some light on your questions

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2010, 01:36:20 PM »
go google "the bird rule"

i'm sure it will shed some light on your questions

I know that rule you fucking dickhead - just accept that it was a dumb contract extension. Acting as if I didn't know what an NBA salary cap is doesn't make this ridiculous extension any wiser.
No, it's not a sin

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2010, 05:04:50 PM »
it was not boston's choice for PP to opt out and make them look at 21 mill on the cap without a player attached to it

now go to church and pray mark cuban signs Chris Bosh

'EclipZe

« Reply #42 on: July 04, 2010, 10:50:02 PM »

Johnson staying put, will sign with Hawks

Posted Jul 4 2010 5:08PM

ATLANTA (AP) -- All-Star guard Joe Johnson had agreed to a maximum contract to stay with the Atlanta Hawks, his agent said Sunday.

Arn Tellem confirmed an entry he wrote for the Huffington Post website, in which he said Johnson "announced his intention to re-sign with the Hawks for six more years.''

Tellem wrote that Johnson chose to remain in Atlanta over Chicago and New York, where he would have been reunited with Mike D'Antoni, his former coach in Phoenix.

The Hawks could pay him nearly $120 million, while other teams could only give Johnson five years and pay him about $25 million less.

That made it easy to stick with the Hawks, who have reached the second round of the playoffs the past two years with Johnson as their top player. He's a four-time All-Star and has averaged more than 20 points in each of his five years with Hawks.

"His priorities are his family, his friends and his game,'' Tellem wrote. "Joe could have forced a sign-and-trade deal for five years with another team, but he decided that winning in Atlanta would be more meaningful. When the Hawks offered the maximum - six years - he happily reciprocated.''

The Hawks would not comment, citing the NBA's moratorium on signings. Deals can't become official until July 8.

Johnson has been at the center of the Hawks' resurgence since arriving in Atlanta from Phoenix in a sign-and-trade deal on Aug. 19, 2005. A 13-win team the season before he arrived, the Hawks doubled that the next season and went 53-29 in 2009-10 before getting swept by Orlando in the Eastern Conference semifinals.

Johnson averaged 21.3 points during the regular season but played poorly during that series, creating speculation he may have cost himself max dollars. And there was thought he may want out of Atlanta, anyway, since he turned down a $60 million extension last summer and was critical of the team's fans this season.

Instead, Tellem said Johnson was impressed by the commitment of Hawks ownership and new coach Larry Drew, and said Johnson is equally committed to the team and its players.

"For his next act, Joe plans to actively recruit other top free agents to Atlanta, a place not unlike his hometown, where he feels comfortable and appreciated,'' Tellem wrote.

Johnson, a first-round pick of Boston in the 2001 draft, has averaged 17.6 points for his career.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: July 05, 2010, 06:20:23 AM »
it was not boston's choice for PP to opt out and make them look at 21 mill on the cap without a player attached to it

now go to church and pray mark cuban signs Chris Bosh

please explain to me what you think. i'm sure it is wrong, but i'm sure what it is.

do you think the 21 mil he was owed if he had not opt out STILL count against their cap and luxery tax, even though he opted out of the contract and is playing for another team? is that what you think?

or do you think they couldn't have signed anyone that makes more sense than an aging pierce with their cap space money?
No, it's not a sin

PLANT

« Reply #44 on: July 05, 2010, 05:10:37 PM »
Amar'e Stoudemire has agreed to sign with the New York Knicks, according to Sports Illustrated.

Stoudemire will be reunited with his former coach in Phoenix, Mike D'Antoni. He is expected to sign a five-year contract worth about $100 million, according to SI.com's Jack McCallum.

Stoudemire, who spent the first eight years of his career with the Suns, averaged 23.1 points and 8.9 rebounds per game last season.