Author Topic: Hi-Tek talks Dr. Dre and Detox  (Read 544 times)

woof

Hi-Tek talks Dr. Dre and Detox
« on: July 01, 2010, 08:04:52 PM »
Reflection Eternal (Hi-Tek and Talib Kweli) talk to Hard Knock TV's Devi Dev about the impact of Dr Dre's Chronic album and how Gansta rap dominated music in 1993. Hi- Tek also talks about being signed to Dre's aftermath label as a producer, how Dre is a mentor to him and how people perceive Dre. He also talks about the status of Detox. Some memorable quotes from this interview from Tek: "If you cant make the Dre cut That's your fault"..."Dre has built nothing but superstars"..."You don't deserve producer credit if you don't produce, just because you make a beat doesn't make you a producer!"

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/6nbmcj0TvZU" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/6nbmcj0TvZU</a>

Will_B

Re: Hi-Tek talks Dr. Dre and Detox
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2010, 10:54:02 AM »
Real dope interview thanks :)

Pretty much covers everything the conspiracy theorists go on about (Dre stealin credit, ghost production etc).

Bring on Detox 8)

BakinSodaFree

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nathaniel Dwayne Hale - The greatest singer ever.
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2010, 11:19:29 AM »
Hi-Tek`s the dopest. Dope listen
Under the society, still only god`s above me

R.I.P Nate Dogg.
You will forever be missed, but never forgotten.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2010, 03:11:47 PM »
Quote from: Hi-Tek
"You don't deserve producer credit if you don't produce, just because you make a beat doesn't make you a producer!"
I love it when producers like Hi-Tek and DJ Quik say this because so many people think a producer is just somebody who works on instrumentals.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 03:41:36 PM by Jimmy H. »

YoungCrookedI

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2010, 03:23:58 PM »
devi can you show us your tits or ass next time ? is that possible? by the way great interview.

kuruptDPG

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2010, 03:45:32 AM »
devi can you show us your tits or ass next time ? is that possible? by the way great interview.

lol, i said that once without realising he signed up here and she got offended lol