Author Topic: Yankees owner George Steinbrenner passes away at age 80  (Read 1044 times)

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
Yankees owner George Steinbrenner passes away at age 80
« on: July 13, 2010, 07:02:38 AM »
Damn, on the day of Allstar game...

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/news/story?id=5375561

George Steinbrenner died Tuesday morning, a person close to the longtime New York Yankees owner told The Associated Press.

The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the team had not yet made the announcement.

The New York Daily News reported that Steinbrenner died around 6:30 a.m. ET Tuesday in Tampa, Fla.

WABC-TV in New York reported that Steinbrenner, the Yankees' owner since 1973, suffered a massive heart attack.

According to reports, Steinbrenner, who celebrated his 80th birthday on July 4, was taken to a Tampa hospital after emergency crews responded to his home Monday night.

Steinbrenner gave his sons, Hal and Hank, day-to-day control of the team in late 2007.

He told The Associated Press last week that he was "feeling good" after spending a couple hours in his office at the Yankees' spring training complex.

Under his ownership, the Yankees have won 11 AL pennants and seven World Series titles.

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
Re: Yankees owner George Steinbrenner passes away at age 80
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 10:03:53 AM »
RIP to George. What a day to pass...the All-Star game and my birthday lol.

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

theremedy360

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 10:38:34 AM »
Biggest asshole in the history of sports

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2010, 10:53:35 AM »

FUCK YOU, DIE SLOW! >:(

I'll miss you George. Thanks for all the hardware, boss. R.I.P. :'(

theremedy360

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2010, 12:44:06 PM »

LOL, you should know more about the history of your team. When George was calling the shots everyone hated him. When it was announced he was expelled from baseball the Yankees fans gave a standing ovation. He constantly alienated his players and coaches, and was the reason the Yankees had no success in the 80's and early 90's. Nobody wanted to play under him, do the research my man. He was like Al Davis X 100 (the present version). He would pay reporters to dish out dirt on his players. Just cause he passed doesn't mean I'm gonna go and act like he was some great guy, cause he really wasn't. The only reason the Yankees have been successful in recent years is cause he finally stepped down and stopped fucking everything up.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 12:49:15 PM by TheRemedy360 »

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2010, 01:08:06 PM »
george vs torre....lol

damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2010, 01:21:41 PM »

LOL, you should know more about the history of your team. When George was calling the shots everyone hated him. When it was announced he was expelled from baseball the Yankees fans gave a standing ovation. He constantly alienated his players and coaches, and was the reason the Yankees had no success in the 80's and early 90's. Nobody wanted to play under him, do the research my man. He was like Al Davis X 100 (the present version). He would pay reporters to dish out dirt on his players. Just cause he passed doesn't mean I'm gonna go and act like he was some great guy, cause he really wasn't. The only reason the Yankees have been successful in recent years is cause he finally stepped down and stopped fucking everything up.

He did it to turn people against him; his own team. He thought it would bring the team together & it did. Even though he turned everyone against him, they rallied TOGETHER to go against him. He was a man about winning & did that, gotta respect it. People act like they wouldn't want him as owner of thir franchise, but only because he built this evil empire everyone loves to hate. He did what he had to do to win & gave back to the fans times a billion. He coulda had a personal budget & pocketed all of his ridiculous profits. But he made a Kabilllion dollars and put half of whatever he made back into it the Yankees product; getting players, field renovations, etc. He is easily one of the top owners of all time.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2010, 09:27:22 PM »
rip to the best owner in sports
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

KEVIN RONIK

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2010, 06:27:41 AM »
REAL TALK

KEVIN RONIK

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2010, 06:28:35 AM »

GEORGE STEINBRENNER WAS A FUCKIN PIECE OF SHIT WHO RUINED BASEBALL.  A FAMILY OF 4 HAS TO SPEND OVER $200 FOR TICKETS TO A BASEBALL GAME THANKS TO THIS SCUMBAG.

KEVIN RONIK

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2010, 06:29:43 AM »

He did it to turn people against him; his own team. He thought it would bring the team together & it did. Even though he turned everyone against him, they rallied TOGETHER to go against him. He was a man about winning & did that, gotta respect it. People act like they wouldn't want him as owner of thir franchise, but only because he built this evil empire everyone loves to hate. He did what he had to do to win & gave back to the fans times a billion. He coulda had a personal budget & pocketed all of his ridiculous profits. But he made a Kabilllion dollars and put half of whatever he made back into it the Yankees product; getting players, field renovations, etc. He is easily one of the top owners of all time.
PURE BULLSHIT, HE DIDNT DO IT TO HAVE HIS TEAM RALLY AGAINST HIM, THAT IS THE BIGGEST GARBAGE I HAVE EVER HEARD.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2010, 08:47:49 AM »
briefly y is/was he hated so much? And can u explain that whole ticket sales bein 200 etc...
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

KEVIN RONIK

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2010, 10:48:02 AM »
THE GUY CONSTANTLY INTERFERRED IN THE DAY TO DAY RUNNING OF THE TEAM LIKE A SPOILED KID.  INSTEAD OF LETTING THE GM DO HIS JOB HE WOULD THINK HE WAS SMART ENOUGH TO FIRE MANAGERS.  IF I AM NOT MISTAKEN THE YANKEES HAD 20 MANAGERS HIS FIRST 23 YEARS AS OWNER.  HE THOUGHT HE HAD THE FORMULA FOR WINNING BUT HE DIDNT KNOW SHIT, HE TRADED DOUG DRABEK, A FUTURE CY YOUNG AWARD WINNER FOR RICK RHODEN, A BACK OF THE LINE STARTER.  HE TRADED JAY BUHNER, A FUTURE ALL STAR FOR KEN PHELPS, A PLATOON LEFT HANDED BAT WHO COULDNT PLAY THE FIELD.  HE HAD A FALLING OUT WITH ONE OF HIS PLAYERS AND HIRED A GAMBLER TO FIND DIRT ON THE GUY, MLB FOUND OUT AND HE WAS BANNED FROM BASEBALL.  WHEN HE CAME BACK HE STARTED TO REALIZE THAT HE NEEDED A MORE HANDS OFF APPROACH AND INSTEAD DECIDED BUYING HIS WAY TO A CHAMPIONSHIP WAS THE WAY TO GO.  SALARIES IN MLB ARE OUT OF CONTROL BECAUSE OF THIS ASSHOLE, YANKEES WERE THE FIRST $100 MILLION AND $200 MILLION PAYROLL IN BASEBALL.  HIS TEAM HANDCUFFS OTHER TEAMS INTO MAKING TRADES THAT BENEFIT THE YANKEES.  IN 2003 THE EXPOS TRADED BARTOLO COLON TO THE WHITE SOX INSTEAD OF THE RED SOX WHEN THE YANKEES GOT INVOLVED IN THE TRADE SO THAT COLON WOULDNT GO TO THEIR DIVISION RIVAL.  IN 2000 THEY YANKEES SIGNED UP JOSE CANSECO AFTER HE GOT REELEASED AND PUT HIM AT THE END OF THEIR BENCH SO ANOTHER DIVISION RIVAL WOULDNT SIGN HIM.  THERE ARE DOZENS OF STORIES ABOUT THIS.  IN A NUTSHELL, 12 YEARS AGO YOU COULD GET SEATS IN THE YANKEE STADIUM OUTFIELD FOR AROUND $30 OR LESS.  EVERY BIT OF SPENDING THIS ASSHOLE DOES HE PASSES ON THE COST TO THE FANS.  THOSE SAME TICKETS TODAY ARE ANYWHERE FROM $50 TO $100.  A FAMILY OF 4 AT YANKEE STADIUM PAYS IN EXCESS OF $300 TO SEE A GAME ($200 TICKETS/$35 PARKING/$15 EACH FOR FOOD).  BASEBALL IS SUPPOSED TO BE THE NATIONAL PAST TIME AND THE GAME OF YOUNG KIDS IN AMERICA, BUT UNFORTUNATELY THANKS TO THIS SLEEZE BALL MOST KIDS PARENTS CANT AFFORD IT.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2010, 02:42:37 PM »
aite fair enough...why do the yankee fans buy them tickets then at the higher price?
Cube

theremedy360

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2010, 04:58:17 PM »
Give any owner a fuckin 200 million dollar payroll and he'll bring in rings