0 (0%)
Dido
16 (51.6%)
Dina Rae
8 (25.8%)
Hailie Jade
5 (16.1%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Author Topic: eminem and Female Artist  (Read 454 times)

blazeindave213

• Muthafuckin' Don!
eminem and Female Artist
« on: July 13, 2010, 11:27:51 AM »
Love the Way You Lie" is something of a departure for Eminem, as he doesn't typically follow the hip-hop trope of spitting some verses and then letting the female singer handle the hook in the chorus. But it's a brutally honest, heart-on-his-sleeve series of verses, and Rihanna's appearance is a sweet respite from the swirling angst surrounding her. It's quite possible that "Love the Way You Lie" is the best female collaboration in Eminem's career. How does it stack up to his other mixed tag-team partners?

Pink
Of course, it's possible that Eminem's team-up with Rihanna isn't even the best collaboration with a woman on that album. "Won't Back Down" puts Pink's tough girl aesthetic to excellent use, matching her up with a cranking guitar-infused beat full of piss and vinegar. "Won't Back Down" is so badass that former UFC light heavyweight champion Chuck Liddell used it as his entrance music during his fight with Rich Franklin a few weeks back.

Dido
Eminem's signature team-up track (on the classic "Stan," from 2000's The Marshall Mathers LP) also uses his guest's vibe correctly, as Dido croons the song's haunting hook with an ethereal chill. Though Dido was not famous when "Stan" came out, she certainly elevated her profile after the track became a hit. (Her 1999 album No Angel — which contained "Thank You," the track from which the sample from "Stan" came — ended up going platinum four times.)

Dina Rae
Though not a star in her own right, Eminem has tapped singer Dina Rae for more collaborations than any other female artist. Rae has provided backing vocals and hook work on "Cum On Everybody" (from The Slim Shady LP), "Drug Ballad" (from The Marshall Mathers LP) and "Superman" (from The Eminem Show).

Hailie Jade
The other female voice heard pretty often on Eminem's albums? Daughter Hailie Jade, who actually got a "featuring" credit on The Eminem Show's "My Dad's Gone Crazy" (she half-sings the song's hook
hoe, if I tell yo flea to pull a tree you get a chain and hook his lil ass up.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: eminem and Female Artist
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 01:07:46 PM »
Obviously Dido because she's on arguably his greatest song.

Rhianna might be second because her hook on "Love The Way You Lie" is great.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 03:45:01 PM »
That rihanna is the worst song on his album and one of the worst period
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2010, 04:25:43 PM »
Dido, Stan is a classic. Although i do really like the Rihanna track and thought i was gonna hate it,

www.myspace.com/miclordzmusic <---Don't sleep
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2010, 05:27:09 PM »

What's wrong with that song?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2010, 07:19:50 PM »
She dont fit the song, her voice is bad wack song
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

Jimmy H.

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2010, 11:53:53 PM »
Um, those Dido and Rhiana collabos are just samples from other songs. And that "Love the Way You Lie" joint is dope.

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2010, 04:59:40 PM »
dildo yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2010, 10:38:25 PM »
Um, those Dido and Rhiana collabos are just samples from other songs. And that "Love the Way You Lie" joint is dope.

The Rihanna hook is sampled? From what?

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2010, 12:07:26 PM »

Co-sign...

That's one of the things that's fucked up about the game today.  It started in the Puffy era when rappers just started recording with anybody and everybody because they had a big name.  Shit should stay in house.  That's why I picked Dina Rae, just because she was a kind of in house artist, round the way girl, for Shady Records. 

It would of been like Dre going and gettin Whitney Houston to sing a hook back in the day instead of using Michelle' or Jewell.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2010, 08:47:41 PM »
Real talk^^
Cube

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2010, 09:26:14 PM »

Co-sign...

That's one of the things that's fucked up about the game today.  It started in the Puffy era when rappers just started recording with anybody and everybody because they had a big name.  Shit should stay in house.  That's why I picked Dina Rae, just because she was a kind of in house artist, round the way girl, for Shady Records. 

It would of been like Dre going and gettin Whitney Houston to sing a hook back in the day instead of using Michelle' or Jewell.

How can you possibly blame today's game for doing whatever they can to sell records? Honestly, this song has been all over the radio in NY & basically for the most part because of Rhianna. I'd still like this song if a no-name sang the hook, because the song is just dope like that.

But to dislike it because it's a big name for sales doesn't make sense to me if the song is still good.

If you just flat out don't like the song, that's another thing.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2010, 06:44:09 AM »
dont like it but isnt it goin agaisnt what em has talked about n his raps? Makin fun of pop etc...sides y get wack cryin rihanna when u can maybe make another banger wit the others who are dope and less known?
Cube

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2010, 04:46:29 PM »
^^ why ge someone dope and less known when Rihanna did a good job? I'm still waiting for the cat to tell me what song "Love The Way You Lie" sample the hook from too ::)

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2010, 10:27:22 PM »
i agree with cham on this one,who cares if it's rhianna on it,i just don't like the fucc'n song period,he could have had my mama on that bitch and it would have succ'd to me, good stragegy tho,take the bitch who's well known for gett'n fucc'd up,only bigger and better choice from that stand point would have been tina turner yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp