Author Topic: Snoop approves Tha Last Meal Remastered  (Read 1381 times)

shoo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: Snoop approves Tha Last Meal Remastered
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2010, 02:28:42 AM »
the original is mastered fine, this sounded worse (just overly boosted) to me.

no wonder. mastering this days is fucked up. i can hear it on almost every single song. It's all due to the loudness war. They're making tracks as loud as possible then they're using compressors to avoid distortions. what we hear as a final product is pumping bassdrums and basslines with some highs. I'm not afraid to say that people who are mastering songs nowadays deprive us of at least 50% of sound of the original unmastered song. For people who have no music taste or at least ear to the music this situation seems ok...they can bump this shit in their car and feel delighted hearing it and thinking how fucking monstrous the bassdrum is... but music is not all about the fucking bassline. it's also about dynamic range and subtlety which we're missing due to the whack mastering and loudness war

here's an example of the differncies between early 90s mastering and early 2000 mastering. this is the same song ... now think how it would look if it was mastered in 2010, the sound would be flat as fuck.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loudness_war

so if you have a real ear to the music AVOID REMASTERED ALBUMS.
 (Of course there are exceptions... f.e. originaly recorded in 70s album should sound better if remastered in 90s)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 02:33:41 AM by shoo »

bullet_wrongkind

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2010, 03:46:25 AM »
the original is mastered fine, this sounded worse (just overly boosted) to me.

no wonder. mastering this days is fucked up. i can hear it on almost every single song. It's all due to the loudness war. They're making tracks as loud as possible then they're using compressors to avoid distortions. what we hear as a final product is pumping bassdrums and basslines with some highs. I'm not afraid to say that people who are mastering songs nowadays deprive us of at least 50% of sound of the original unmastered song. For people who have no music taste or at least ear to the music this situation seems ok...they can bump this shit in their car and feel delighted hearing it and thinking how fucking monstrous the bassdrum is... but music is not all about the fucking bassline. it's also about dynamic range and subtlety which we're missing due to the whack mastering and loudness war

here's an example of the differncies between early 90s mastering and early 2000 mastering. this is the same song ... now think how it would look if it was mastered in 2010, the sound would be flat as fuck.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loudness_war

so if you have a real ear to the music AVOID REMASTERED ALBUMS.
 (Of course there are exceptions... f.e. originaly recorded in 70s album should sound better if remastered in 90s)

yup. can hear it clearly in my headphones.

yates

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2010, 04:16:25 AM »
Yup, digital remastering in many cases just means they compressed and limited it to fuck resulting in it sounding artificially louder. Just turn up the volume on the original.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 04:19:19 AM by yates »

shoo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2010, 05:26:29 AM »
Yup, digital remastering in many cases just means they compressed and limited it to fuck resulting in it sounding artificially louder. Just turn up the volume on the original.

that's right. Loundess War is a joke in view of the fact that every audio player has its volume controller. In my opinion it's the biggest absurd in the history of the whole pop music industry.

btw. i wonder how "I Rep That West" would sound if it wasn't so heavily compressed. I like that song but this compression is driving me crazy.

JohnnyL

« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2010, 09:50:02 AM »
 Anyone else think it's kind of funny that Snoop is approving his own album?  Kinda goes without saying, doesn't it?

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2010, 09:05:51 PM »
not when wide awake is dropping snoop albums and shit its really not.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2010, 09:13:11 PM »
i dont buy re-mastered albums, nothin wrong wit tha original

only reason i buy a remaster is if it comes with a bonus DVD  8)
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2010, 07:18:58 AM »
Rerelease it wit the leftovers/unreleased traxx
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Matty

« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2010, 07:48:31 AM »
some remasters are good or worthwhile (the illmatic one for example), but it isn't like this is an old album with an out of date sounding master or anything. the original is perfect. the drums sound louder/clearer on this one, but so is everything. to me it sounds too loud to the extent of the sound being unbalanced.

edit - done a close comparison of the waveforms...there is hardly any difference in the actual volume but this release is ever so slightly louder. sounds like the higher frequencies were boosted more than the rest and compressed again to make the drums sound more present. so, while the original was already LOUD, this is even louder and has been fiddled with somewhat. entirely unnecessary.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 08:29:14 AM by Matty »

YSH

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • hi
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2010, 08:02:06 AM »
WHY THE FUCK U NEED THIS REMASTERED???? REMASTER COOLIO;S FIRST 3 ALBUM

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2010, 06:50:08 PM »
lmfao

can o corn was my shit.

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2010, 07:02:33 PM »

This.

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2010, 07:03:56 PM »
some remasters are good or worthwhile (the illmatic one for example), but it isn't like this is an old album with an out of date sounding master or anything. the original is perfect. the drums sound louder/clearer on this one, but so is everything. to me it sounds too loud to the extent of the sound being unbalanced.

edit - done a close comparison of the waveforms...there is hardly any difference in the actual volume but this release is ever so slightly louder. sounds like the higher frequencies were boosted more than the rest and compressed again to make the drums sound more present. so, while the original was already LOUD, this is even louder and has been fiddled with somewhat. entirely unnecessary.

I think I liked the Ready to Die Remastered version too..

RedMagic213

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2010, 12:59:45 AM »
i dont buy re-mastered albums, nothin wrong wit tha original

+1

If somebody a collecta allwasy want to buy the first press.

+1

Sometime the original is better...they sometimes fuckup the remastering

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2010, 11:06:52 AM »

yeah but you also have a soundcard with the x-fi crystalizer function