Author Topic: Lady Gaga  (Read 993 times)

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
Re: Lady Gaga
« Reply #45 on: August 04, 2010, 03:49:37 PM »
Let's add some more fuel here....

Who thinks making a good pop record is just as hard as making a good hip-hop record?

Matty

« Reply #46 on: August 04, 2010, 04:37:13 PM »
Let's add some more fuel here....

Who thinks making a good pop record is just as hard as making a good hip-hop record?

by my standards i would have to say harder. over an equivalent timeframe, there are far more good hip-hop records than pop. hip-hop is generally done well by certain artists. good pop music is more a spontaneous event than a particular movement. guess what i am trying to say is that there is a formula for both, but great pop music is only really made when something breaks outside of the box and is fresh in some significant way. plenty of scope for this cause its not really a genre per se. great hip-hop normally comes from within a smaller framework. my 2cents.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #47 on: August 04, 2010, 04:55:30 PM »
No one in Hip Hop is doing shit like Lady Gaga. You could make the argument for Lil' Wayne or Eminem, but Gaga is unreal at the moment.

She has at least six songs that were number one on iTunes all on one album; who does that?

I don't want to give credit or discredit Gaga because I don't know, but I don't know if she writes her own things & picks her beats, but I would say for the most part in Pop, in general, it's harder to make a Hip Hop song considering they write their own lyrics & pick their own beats; where pop stars, like Rihanna, just get lyrics & beats & are just told to sing.

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #48 on: August 04, 2010, 05:15:31 PM »
Good posts..

Yeah, if I were to learn she didn't pick her production style and she ain't write her own lyrics I would not be giving this much credit to her..

But like with rappers, you gotta give the benefit of the doubt until someone exposes you, so.....

Matty

« Reply #49 on: August 04, 2010, 05:28:29 PM »
No one in Hip Hop is doing shit like Lady Gaga. You could make the argument for Lil' Wayne or Eminem, but Gaga is unreal at the moment.

She has at least six songs that were number one on iTunes all on one album; who does that?

I don't want to give credit or discredit Gaga because I don't know, but I don't know if she writes her own things & picks her beats, but I would say for the most part in Pop, in general, it's harder to make a Hip Hop song considering they write their own lyrics & pick their own beats; where pop stars, like Rihanna, just get lyrics & beats & are just told to sing.

it depends what you call 'good' pop music though. it might be easier for an artist to make a pop record (rhianna), but that doesn't mean its good and the overall record then becomes much more of a collaborative effort. somebody still had to craft it. i would argue that talent shines through anyway - where the artist can actually write and is involved in the musical process (ie MJ, even Justin Timberlake) there is much more chance of quality music, something i would consider to be quality pop.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2010, 08:19:39 PM »
^I honestly can't comment on it, because I don't listen to ANY Pop besides Gaga; maybe a little Rihanna, but just her singles.

So I guess that goes to show you, Gaga caught my attention with something & I was into her music before I even knew what she looked like & how ridiculous she dressed. It's just good/catchy music.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #51 on: August 04, 2010, 08:25:07 PM »
lol @ dudes acting like she's more than just the next pop star. If you admit to bumping her music that's fine and all, but don't make it more than it is. Especially on a chick that's been around less than 2 years.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: August 04, 2010, 08:58:53 PM »
^I was never into Britney or Christina & I know they had their fair share of hits.

But how many albums did they have with 6 DOMINATING singles? I can't think of many people compared to Madonna. I mean obviously we'll have to see how she follow ups after such a ridiculous success on her first album.

But she seems to take great pride in her music & would appear to really enjoy what she does.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #53 on: August 04, 2010, 09:29:54 PM »
a fake ass grace jones,and stole the rest of her style from some other white lady who has done that, it's all about getting the right people behind ya, props to akon tho cause he get's a checc (at least for now),
lady gaga strip'n! please, ma don't bother
since you got something that could make you a fatha (father)
yell

What the fuck did you just say?!
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

G-Bee

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Vrije jongen
« Reply #54 on: August 04, 2010, 09:48:54 PM »
For those who want to know more about Gaga's video's, check out the following links:

Alejandro
Telephone
Bad Romance

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: August 05, 2010, 07:07:37 AM »
Katy Perry >>>> Gaga

kemizt

Paul

« Reply #56 on: August 05, 2010, 07:26:30 AM »
The only Lady Gaga track i like is Teeth. Sounds like a Bangladesh production but havent checked the credits
funkyfreshintheflesh

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: August 05, 2010, 07:51:30 AM »
a fake ass grace jones,and stole the rest of her style from some other white lady who has done that

yeah some serious grace swaggajackin goin on here. and the white lady is kate bush

BIGWORM

« Reply #58 on: August 05, 2010, 02:38:01 PM »

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #59 on: August 05, 2010, 04:46:06 PM »

kemizt