Author Topic: For the sake of the WEST:when Nipsey drop SUPPORT  (Read 381 times)

YaKno7

• 'G'
For the sake of the WEST:when Nipsey drop SUPPORT
« on: August 04, 2010, 08:14:55 PM »
Outside the coast, excluding legends (Cube:Snoop:Dre etc)

GAME the FACE of west coast Hip Hop but seems like Game fading away because he don't know to make hits to survive in the industry.  Game in my opinion had one of the best chances for a west coast artist but something just isn't connecting with Game.   I'm not counting GAME out yet but

it appears NIPSEY is the next out the WEST with help from the big homie GAME:SNOOP:CUBE and so 4th.  Yes it's a lot of acts out here GRINDING but the majority of them are NOT REALLY KNOWN outside the WEST COAST

Nipsey like GAME has a MAJOR RECORD DEAL.  Not just us on the WEST but Hip Hop in general if you want to stay relevant the UNITS HAVE TO BE PUSHED out the STORE.  We looking at RICK ROSS...dropped one of the best albums of the year....not selling shit.  The industry far more quicker than SHUT THE DOOR in the FACE of a WEST COAST NIGGA than any other region in the game.

With GAME it look like he might FLOP...not a good look....because THESE MAJOR LABELS not going believe in WEST COAST GANGSTA RAP.....when NIPSEY drop.....I think
everybody should support and keep this shit going......

unless we all can.....DOUGIE.....MY DOUGIE......

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: For the sake of the WEST:when Nipsey drop SUPPORT
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 08:34:36 PM »
I don't support rappers based on whether they are going to blow up or not, I do it based on whether they make dope or wack music. I If the album comes out I'd buy it depending on whether its dope or not. Y'all sheep need to do the same. Who gives a fuck whether a particular region moves units? It has been shown time and time again that whenever a type of music gets popular, it becomes stale and commercialized. I'd rather see rappers being somewhat successful and putting out good music, then seeing them go platinum and start putting out commercialized trash. Fuck riding for a region, I ride for good music.

YaKno7

• 'G'
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 08:40:51 PM »
I don't support rappers based on whether they are going to blow up or not, I do it based on whether they make dope or wack music. I If the album comes out I'd buy it depending on whether its dope or not. Y'all sheep need to do the same. Who gives a fuck whether a particular region moves units? It has been shown time and time again that whenever a type of music gets popular, it becomes stale and commercialized. I'd rather see rappers being somewhat successful and putting out good music, then seeing them go platinum and start putting out commercialized trash. Fuck riding for a region, I ride for good music.

If there is 2 lemonade stands in separate parts of town and they both do good than what do you think will happen in the next few months? Either those 2 stands will open up more stands or outside investors will step in and open up more stands.   I love good music like the rest but the opportunity a record company could provide is gold mine for networking. 

Sales are important because hate it or love it, it's business.  The rapper has to pay the same bills you pay at the end of the day.  If 1 new act blows than another 1 develops and as a region it comes full circle

J-FUNKTION

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2010, 09:05:50 PM »
i gave up on game...for every good song, he has 2 that are awful..

but yes...nipsey is the man with the torch...

Nipsey Hussle >>> Game

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2010, 09:07:53 PM »
nipsey aint on the best "major" label...hes startin 2 sell out
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2010, 09:24:47 PM »
West Coast fans are the worst.

If Nipsey drops wack music and stays underground - niggas will love him.

But if he drops great music and starts to blow up - niggas will hate him.

I gave up on hoping for the West Coast to ever make it back to the mainstream. I just hope we can atleast get back to the 2001-2005 era where underground artist would atleast release dope albums without worrying if they could sell big numbers a lot.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2010, 09:30:41 PM »

If there is 2 lemonade stands in separate parts of town and they both do good than what do you think will happen in the next few months? Either those 2 stands will open up more stands or outside investors will step in and open up more stands.   I love good music like the rest but the opportunity a record company could provide is gold mine for networking. 

Sales are important because hate it or love it, it's business.  The rapper has to pay the same bills you pay at the end of the day.  If 1 new act blows than another 1 develops and as a region it comes full circle

Except rappers don't make most of their money from selling units. Hip hop is an artform and a music genre, not a business. Once you look at it as a business then the music becomes commercialized. The west coast has been dead for years and all these dudes are still putting out music. No ones going out of business. Support good shit, not something just because its west coast.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2010, 09:35:25 PM »
Nipsey isn't even all that. Overrated.

What do you get from supporting him? He won't make a single that's radio friendly and/or catchy; so even if you convince five people on here to buy his album, he'll sell 76 albums opposed to 71.

KyleEshna

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2010, 09:45:50 PM »
I've been supporting him by purchasing his singles.  On the 10th, I plan to buy "Feelin' Myself".

SGT x Tok3R

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2010, 10:08:20 PM »
I've been supporting him by purchasing his singles.  On the 10th, I plan to buy "Feelin' Myself".

Where are you buying his singles?

h2k4

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2010, 10:29:13 PM »
i gave up on game...for every good song, he has 2 that are awful..

but yes...nipsey is the man with the torch...

Nipsey Hussle >>> Game

LMAO!!!!!!  Crazy talk........

Like others have said, don't buy based on the region, buy it if it's dope.  I support the West Coast to the fullest but I will not support wack West Coast music.  Like Jay Rock's music, I have not been impressed with Nipsey's music as of late.  The so-called "New-West" is dropping the ball.

Some of you guys kill me with this 'Game has fallen off' or 'Game can't make dope music anymore' talk.  In case you haven't figured it out yet, he's experimenting with different types of music.  And I'm sure Interscope has some influence in his recent tracks.

cubedogg

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2010, 10:36:46 PM »
He needs to drop a dope single then.
I dont know why the Gangstas Life song ft Snoop wasnt a single. That shit was fire and radio friendly. Its kinda a classic imo if it was to be used on a LP, because Snoop came correct on that ish

KyleEshna

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2010, 11:28:29 PM »
Where are you buying his singles?

Amazon.com

shoo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2010, 11:36:54 PM »
why do you want west artists to go mainstream so bad? mainstream = worse quality music because it need to reach more people. so if fe. Nipsey blows up i guess he won't do it with the west coast sound because west coast sound don't sell anymore and what is more since west coast sound don't sell, music in the mainstream was getting worse and worse. Let's face it. BAGNN vol 1 was dope, BAGNN vol 2 was superdope, vol 3 was average and after that every new Nipsey's song was losing that west coast sound imo. i'm a big Nipsey fan but unfortunately since BAGNN vol3  i'm losing interest everytime he puts a new song because his songs are getting worse.

of course i hope South Central State Of Mind is going to be dope as fuck, he'll sell 10 mils of it and be another west coast rapper who "did it". But i can see what sells nowadays and i'm pretty sure it's impossible to "do it" with good music anymore. Best example? Eminem who went pop and makes crazy numbers.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2010, 12:00:28 AM »
why do you want west artists to go mainstream so bad? mainstream = worse quality music because it need to reach more people..

So you don't like "Nuthin But a G Thang", "Gin & Juice", or "California Love"? Those were all mainstream songs. You're getting the wrong idea. No one is hoping for a West Coast version of Lollipop were just hoping to be able to turn on the tv / radio one day and hear somebody from our own side.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"