Author Topic: For the sake of the WEST:when Nipsey drop SUPPORT  (Read 382 times)

J-FUNKTION

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: For the sake of the WEST:when Nipsey drop SUPPORT
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2010, 12:27:20 AM »
i gave up on game...for every good song, he has 2 that are awful..

but yes...nipsey is the man with the torch...

Nipsey Hussle >>> Game

LMAO!!!!!!  Crazy talk........

Like others have said, don't buy based on the region, buy it if it's dope.  I support the West Coast to the fullest but I will not support wack West Coast music.  Like Jay Rock's music, I have not been impressed with Nipsey's music as of late.  The so-called "New-West" is dropping the ball.

Some of you guys kill me with this 'Game has fallen off' or 'Game can't make dope music anymore' talk.  In case you haven't figured it out yet, he's experimenting with different types of music.  And I'm sure Interscope has some influence in his recent tracks.

i dont give a fuck where dudes from...i like his shit..i bump way more nipsey than game..and i never said game fell off...imo in general game is meh...real dope sometimes...real wack sometimes...

and i could twist your response around the same way...how you sayin you aint been impressed with nipseys music lately..maybe hes experimenting like game is supposedly..
just like nipsey gotta do a few tracks more commercial friendly for the label...

it goes both ways my dude...

shoo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2010, 12:29:53 AM »
why do you want west artists to go mainstream so bad? mainstream = worse quality music because it need to reach more people..

So you don't like "Nuthin But a G Thang", "Gin & Juice", or "California Love"? Those were all mainstream songs. You're getting the wrong idea. No one is hoping for a West Coast version of Lollipop were just hoping to be able to turn on the tv / radio one day and hear somebody from our own side.

wake up! it's not the same mainstream as it was 10, 15 or 20 years ago. Yes you will be able to turn on radio/tv and hear somebody from your side but i guess you won't like it anyway. You can do it even now but i'm not sure if Katy Perry + Snoop Dogg is what you want to bump.

The whole music industry has changed. It has been changing since it's begining. mainstream music has been chaning and these changes were always going to the one direction - to make pop music more and more simple to make it suitable for younger and younger publicity. And you know what? I don't think it's going to change soon. And what is more you're getting older and older so the mainstream is getting less suitable for you.

And this shit is called life man. You better stop dreaming.

Fraxxx

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2010, 02:51:16 AM »
I read it a couple of times now, so, how in the world is Nipsey selling out??
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

YaKno7

• 'G'
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2010, 05:02:20 AM »
this thread isn't a knock to GAME, it would be smooth sailing if Game's music was hitting the people outside the west coast like Ross's shit is hitting people outside the south.

People saying gangsta rappers can't make singles because they would sell out....did people forget about these already....

JEEZY LUV IT

JEEZY PLIES LOSE MY MIND

ROSS B.M.F

CLIPSE I'M GOOD

EMINEM NOT AFRAID

WAKA Hard in the Paint

all those tunes get heavy play in Black cities all across the south and east coast meaning the rappers consistently book shows from the mid west up
to CT.  I don't see why it has to be different over here.

People need to realize the music industry is a business now more than ever.  Nobody is going to keep making music for free though.  Those of you who
say your favorite artist wouldn't jump for a major deal is kidding your selves

Mista Rosa

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2010, 06:22:41 AM »
I'll check his work but he hasn't really impressed me so far.. I've liked more Bishop Lamont's songs. I still don't know who to really check as far as the "New West". Give me some names!
"There's one more thing I'd really like for you to do, never leave me alone..."

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2010, 06:29:29 AM »
Yeah gangsta life was his best chance so far...dope song and prolly his best and even snoop was dope on it
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2010, 07:21:33 AM »
I'll check his work but he hasn't really impressed me so far.. I've liked more Bishop Lamont's songs. I still don't know who to really check as far as the "New West". Give me some names!

Blu >>>>

Fraxxx

« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2010, 09:48:54 AM »

Fashawn

http://www.datpiff.com/Hecktik_Soprano_Fashawn_The_Phenom_Vol1.m15946.html

http://www.datpiff.com/Dj_Green_Lantern_Fashawn_Ode_To_Illmatic.m127130.html
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2010, 12:03:00 PM »
why do you want west artists to go mainstream so bad? mainstream = worse quality music because it need to reach more people..

So you don't like "Nuthin But a G Thang", "Gin & Juice", or "California Love"? Those were all mainstream songs. You're getting the wrong idea. No one is hoping for a West Coast version of Lollipop were just hoping to be able to turn on the tv / radio one day and hear somebody from our own side.

wake up! it's not the same mainstream as it was 10, 15 or 20 years ago. Yes you will be able to turn on radio/tv and hear somebody from your side but i guess you won't like it anyway. You can do it even now but i'm not sure if Katy Perry + Snoop Dogg is what you want to bump.

The whole music industry has changed. It has been changing since it's begining. mainstream music has been chaning and these changes were always going to the one direction - to make pop music more and more simple to make it suitable for younger and younger publicity. And you know what? I don't think it's going to change soon. And what is more you're getting older and older so the mainstream is getting less suitable for you.

And this shit is called life man. You better stop dreaming.

Yeah its not the same mainstream but its not that far off. Look at "Gin & Juice" - that was a record about partying and getting drunk. Yeah its not like we don't hear 100 songs with that subject matter on the radio all day.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

You'll Never Walk Alone

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2010, 12:24:10 PM »
Dont think you should support an artist jst coz hes from your coast. But i do like some of nipseys shit and agree gangstas life should of been the first single.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2010, 12:50:08 PM »
might as well supply crack addicts

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2010, 02:08:11 PM »
Lol^
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.