Author Topic: Looks Like Dre Is Not On Ice Cube's I Am The West (Big Shock!!)  (Read 2823 times)

acgrundy

Re: Looks Like Dre Is Not On Ice Cube's I Am The West (Big Shock!!)
« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2010, 09:31:03 PM »
Dre doesnt need JayZ or Lil Wayne to sell records at all.  He has Eminem is his back pocket, who is the highest selling rap artist out right now.  Not to mention fans are dying for more Dre/Snoop collabos and Detox being the most anticipated rap album EVER.  When the record comes out, it will sell HUGE numbers, regardless.

Now I still think its pretty weak Dre doesnt work with Cube, Snoop and other westcoast artist more often and prefers working with Jay-Z and Eminem.

Dre with Cube or Snoop >>>>>>>>>>>>>>Dre with Eminem or JayZ

all day any day

I don't know man...Dre has sort of lost his audience imo

Now the chronic is one of my all time favorite albums, along w/ 2001 as being very good.  However I really don't have any anticipation anymore for Detox.  I only read the rumors on here like he is working w/ Justin Bieber (I don't even know who that is), kobe (I don't know who that is) and then I heard some shit like lil wayne and lil kim or some shit.  Now I don't mind Jay Z, but if it is full of all these other guys I certainly won't be buying this shit.  Hell, if it is full of new west I wouldn't be buying the shit.

I'm curious as to how many Dre fans are left that still listen to new music and would actually buy the album.  I personally can't stand new rap...in fact most of the time I would rather stick an ice pick in my ear than listen to the garbage produced today.  There is a very slim chance that I will be buying Detox...it is gonna have to be amazing!

I think there is a lot of Dre fans just like me.  I'm 30 years old.  I grew up in the prime of the west coast.  Most people my age who grew up listening to westcoast rap...they don't listen to it anymore.  I don't think it will be so easy for him to have sales this time around.

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2010, 10:56:09 PM »
whatevr - long as we get that new cube album!

terrymak

« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2010, 12:07:45 AM »
Do you think Dre will save the best beats for himself? Did you hear anything in the past 5 years that is banging?, or worth listening to for days? I think Dre wont sell much records due to the fact that niggas download. He will work with beiber because the lil nigga got fans whom buy records. I still think a Dre cd will be different from all his shit and shit thats on right now. It has to be or he can walk off in to the sunset wrinkled and old with no Detox. INSPIRATIONAL or anything can be different. Is Dre a gangsta anymore?

adamanthraxe

• 'G'
« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2010, 02:08:15 AM »
I think ICE CUBE's album will go hard without Dr Dre, I respect Cubes hustle.

kuruptDPG

« Reply #49 on: August 10, 2010, 05:14:24 AM »
how hard is it? u jus say to dre give me a beat and send it whatever thru email or sutn but he lazy in doin that as well

I`m Wayne Brady bitch!

« Reply #50 on: August 10, 2010, 05:21:28 AM »
how hard is it? u jus say to dre give me a beat and send it whatever thru email or sutn but he lazy in doin that as well

On point. Although producing the vocal requires Dre to be in the studio with Cube, but even so that (should not) take more than 3-4 days, and I'm including the mixing process here.

I'm waiting for the Dr.Dre dickriders to justify this one, they always seem to have an answer for Dre's lack of involvement.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 05:23:47 AM by I`m Wayne Brady bitch! »

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #51 on: August 10, 2010, 07:42:53 AM »
I'm not bothered by Dre's absence.  As I've said, Dre is basically retired at this point.  Sure, he'll produce here and there for his label mates, but he really doesn't produce outside his own label anymore.  He might also have been disappointed with the results of the raw vocal sessions he had with Cube.  You ever contemplate that?  Ice Cube is not what he used to be either, you know?  Maybe Dre thought Cube's performance was wack, but doesn't want to return Cube's call and tell him that.

Regardless, what would be more disappointing to me would be if Cube didn't get political on this album.  This country is suffering through a bad economy, bad jobs numbers, people in the hood are desperate for relief...it's time for the old Ice Cube to come back and get MAD again.  But if he doesn't and he comprosmises with some corny pop music which is in vogue right now, that would be a much bigger let down to me than the absence of some Dr. Dre production.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: August 10, 2010, 09:09:04 AM »
Part bout cube sellin out true but dre was on ems album sn y not cubes? Who was there b4 em and jimmy?
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #53 on: August 10, 2010, 09:20:33 AM »
I'm not bothered by Dre's absence.  As I've said, Dre is basically retired at this point.  Sure, he'll produce here and there for his label mates, but he really doesn't produce outside his own label anymore.  He might also have been disappointed with the results of the raw vocal sessions he had with Cube.  You ever contemplate that?  Ice Cube is not what he used to be either, you know?  Maybe Dre thought Cube's performance was wack, but doesn't want to return Cube's call and tell him that.

Regardless, what would be more disappointing to me would be if Cube didn't get political on this album.  This country is suffering through a bad economy, bad jobs numbers, people in the hood are desperate for relief...it's time for the old Ice Cube to come back and get MAD again.  But if he doesn't and he comprosmises with some corny pop music which is in vogue right now, that would be a much bigger let down to me than the absence of some Dr. Dre production.

pretty sure it won't be a political album

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2010, 09:23:45 AM »
I think there is a lot of Dre fans just like me.  I'm 30 years old.  I grew up in the prime of the west coast.  Most people my age who grew up listening to westcoast rap...they don't listen to it anymore.  I don't think it will be so easy for him to have sales this time around.

True....I got brothers around your age and they were heavy into rap when they were younger. But with family and kids they have moved on.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #55 on: August 10, 2010, 10:08:16 AM »
Let's be real, fellas; unless Dre has the most monster single we've seen in years; like up there with The Real Slim Shady, In Da Club, Candy Shop, A Millie, etc., he'd be lucky to sell a million.

If he can make some monster ass, classic, "go down in history" music, he'll do well; but like Rapsodie said, the average kid whose 13-16 (a huge amount of the album sales) don't know Dre well enough to go out & cop his album.

m-b

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #56 on: August 10, 2010, 11:27:22 AM »
And? Cube don't need Dre to make a good album.
CHECK OUT our promo vid..

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • https://soundcloud.com/fonkarround
« Reply #57 on: August 10, 2010, 12:34:46 PM »
one thing that is weird is ppl sayin Dre choose makin tracks with Justin Beiber, Lil Wayne over Cube, when nothin like that ever happened and has never been planned.. its ppl bein tired of waitin for detox sayn that it will have tracks like that anyway so its not worth waitin, that they wont be so pissed waitin for it.. its kinda sad

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #58 on: August 10, 2010, 12:44:46 PM »
Let's be real, fellas; unless Dre has the most monster single we've seen in years; like up there with The Real Slim Shady, In Da Club, Candy Shop, A Millie, etc., he'd be lucky to sell a million.

If he can make some monster ass, classic, "go down in history" music, he'll do well; but like Rapsodie said, the average kid whose 13-16 (a huge amount of the album sales) don't know Dre well enough to go out & cop his album.
as if the average kid buys music

I`m Wayne Brady bitch!

« Reply #59 on: August 10, 2010, 12:48:06 PM »
one thing that is weird is ppl sayin Dre choose makin tracks with Justin Beiber, Lil Wayne over Cube, when nothin like that ever happened and has never been planned.. its ppl bein tired of waitin for detox sayn that it will have tracks like that anyway so its not worth waitin, that they wont be so pissed waitin for it.. its kinda sad

Sad? Maybe so, but if you look at it from a realistic point of view, Detox would sell much more copies if you have a lead singel with Justin Bieber over Ice Cube. So that sort of speculation is just as valid as people claiming Detox will be the best thing since butter on bread.