Author Topic: Where does Distant Relatives Rank Compared To Nas' Other Albums?  (Read 74 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
1. Illmatic-   Album is perfection, no mistakes, Nas before the fame and fortune, just spitting for the love of the hip-hop culture he grew up in.

2. God's Son-  His mothers death inspired some of his most emotional, and touching music he has ever came out with. 

3. Stillmatic-  The beef with Jay-Z, and the 9-11/Afgan War political scene brought Nas back to life

4. Hip-Hop Is Dead-  Great concept album, with Bangers an very few fillers

5. DISTANT RELATIVES

6. It Was Written-  If for no other reason than it contains Nas' greatest song, "If I Ruled The World" with Lauryn Hill

7. Untitled-  the first half of the album was dope to me but never could get into the second half.

8.  QB's Finest-  Contained one of my favorite Nas joints ever, and that was the joint with Mob Deep "Self-Conscience"

9.  The Firm-  "Phone Tap" was a classic joint, but the Mafioso thing kind of got old, sounded like they were all having too good of a time to focus on the music, and ego's were out of control.

10.  I Am-   Only song I like on the album was "Nas Is Like" great scratches and production by Primo

11.  Nastradaumus-  Didn't like even 1 song on this album.  Nas threw up a brick, but still went platinum, go figure.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

StevenQBosell

Re: Where does Distant Relatives Rank Compared To Nas' Other Albums?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2010, 11:23:54 PM »
On Nastradamus, the 2  tracks that are somewhat certified are "Life We Chose" and perhaps "Project Windows" - Altough I like the OG Project Windows a lot better.

If anything, I'd have It Was Written a little higher. And even though a compilation, QB's Finest more than made up for Nastradamus LOL

stillinrehab

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Where does Distant Relatives Rank Compared To Nas' Other Albums?
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 01:35:31 AM »
I would switch Gods Son and IWW then switch HHID and Gods Son and then you have it about right in my standings...