Author Topic: Official Miami Heat thread  (Read 160620 times)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Official Miami Heat thread
« Reply #1890 on: June 08, 2012, 01:37:23 AM »
I have no words. No words could ever do justice describing the greatness of LeBron James given the context of this game. Win or go home game? On the road? In Boston? With the wholre world eager to shit on you? And you put up THAT kind of performance? ...

Great performance by Lebron. But what else is new ? This was nothing new from him. He was also beasting in the last years playoffs UNTIL finals. The Miami are gonna take game 7 easily too, you can see where the trend is going; young and energetic teams are shitting on the old ones. We all know where Miami and Boston belong.

The question is, how will Lebron play in the finals.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1891 on: June 08, 2012, 04:08:24 AM »
I have no words. No words could ever do justice describing the greatness of LeBron James given the context of this game. Win or go home game? On the road? In Boston? With the wholre world eager to shit on you? And you put up THAT kind of performance? ...

Great performance by Lebron. But what else is new ? This was nothing new from him. He was also beasting in the last years playoffs UNTIL finals. The Miami are gonna take game 7 easily too, you can see where the trend is going; young and energetic teams are shitting on the old ones. We all know where Miami and Boston belong.

The question is, how will Lebron play in the finals.

The pressure situation was as big as in any game he has ever played in, including the Finals.

You can't just expect him to beat any team no matter how much better it is. The Thunder are simply much better than the current Heat, even if he puts up historic numbers again. Bosh is hurt and Wade only shows up for 1-2 quarters per game, while Miller is trash and Haslem has to play center.

It's like, can you really blame him for getting swept in 2007? No, the Spurs were simply a much, much, much better team than the Cavs back then.

OKC has got this, unless they blow it.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #1892 on: June 08, 2012, 04:25:44 AM »
i know Doc isn't gonna let us go down without a fight

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #1893 on: June 08, 2012, 11:52:59 AM »
can't wait for tmrw night dammit

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #1894 on: June 08, 2012, 12:21:38 PM »
Probably the greatest game ever played lol.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #1895 on: June 08, 2012, 12:43:50 PM »

Barkley once had a 48 point 24 rebound game in the playoffs

Mietek23

« Reply #1896 on: June 08, 2012, 02:24:50 PM »

LOL, just stop it already.

RingMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BWS Czech Capo
« Reply #1897 on: June 08, 2012, 02:57:04 PM »
maybe not the greatest but historic

Players with at least 45 points, 15 rebounds, 5 assists in NBA playoff history
Player                 Date                    Opponent     Pts    Reb    Ast    FG pct.
Wilt Chamberlain    April 10, 1964    St. Louis Hawks    50    15    6    68.8
LeBron James         June 7, 2012       Boston Celtics       45    15    5    73.1

Rap is not real, I don't care what they told you,
Fake people say fake things in their vocalbooth
- Soul Position - Mic Control

I make it hard to read me, graffiti flow - Rakim - Word On The Streets

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1898 on: June 08, 2012, 03:21:54 PM »
Given the context, it's really up there with the very greatest games in NBA history.

Make no mistake, no player in the history of the sport has ever been hold to higher standards. No player had a lesser margin for error. It was a close-out game in the city in which he had his most heart-breaking losses in. Bosh was hurt and of no real help. Wade was never showing up for more than 1-2 quarters. He had no center on his team. The most important role player was never showing up. People already made scenarios of breaking up the Heat. 90% of basketball consumers were eager to watch LeBron fail under pressure, eager to see him "choke", eager to make jokes about him, eager to gain pleasure over another man's failure.

And he came out and played like that.
No, it's not a sin

Sccit

« Reply #1899 on: June 08, 2012, 07:32:28 PM »
Given the context, it's really up there with the very greatest games in NBA history.

Make no mistake, no player in the history of the sport has ever been hold to higher standards. No player had a lesser margin for error. It was a close-out game in the city in which he had his most heart-breaking losses in. Bosh was hurt and of no real help. Wade was never showing up for more than 1-2 quarters. He had no center on his team. The most important role player was never showing up. People already made scenarios of breaking up the Heat. 90% of basketball consumers were eager to watch LeBron fail under pressure, eager to see him "choke", eager to make jokes about him, eager to gain pleasure over another man's failure.

lmfao.....are u fucking joking me? the thunder woulda SWEPT the celtics.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1900 on: June 08, 2012, 07:33:39 PM »

Absolutely irrelevant.
No, it's not a sin

Sccit

« Reply #1901 on: June 08, 2012, 07:37:40 PM »

Absolutely irrelevant.

not at all...it was a great game by lebron, but everyone knows he can have a great game. and against a team he was supposed to slaughter to begin with. the knock on lebron was never about not being able to put up amazing stats, but rather that he isn't clutch and cant perform down the stretch in tight games. there were no tight situations in Game 6, cuz it was a blow out. so it didn't really put lebron to the test as far as clutch factor and execution down the stretch goes...unless the heat can blow out every game the rest of the way, lebron WILL be faced with pressure again, and that will be the true test.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1902 on: June 08, 2012, 07:49:10 PM »
But the special thing is that for the first time in his career, many people were ready to simply give up on him. Many people were openly talking about blowing up the Heat, making up potential trades. For a team that was favored to win several in a row initially, that's the ultimate failure. LeBron wasn't just playing to force a Game 7, he was playing for his career. If he put up a stinker and the Heat lose, Durant is the league's biggest star from then on, no question about it. You and I both know you were sitting in front of the screen all excited hoping to see the ultimate LeBron failure only to come on and talk shit. Not just you, but millions of other people. And LeBron was absolutely aware of that matter. It'snot  like he randomly got hot at a convenient time... he was zoned in before tip-off. He had that mean stare, that non-gigglyness that is so not typical for him even before the game started. He knew exactly what was on the line. It was in TD Garden, the place of his nightmares. And he still pulled it off tremendously. It might not be the kind of clutchness that his biggest critics always refer to, but it was definitely grace under pressure and more.
No, it's not a sin

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #1903 on: June 08, 2012, 08:47:43 PM »
lebron was 19/26 and took some VERY tough shots

Sccit

« Reply #1904 on: June 08, 2012, 10:01:49 PM »
It was a great game.. He still has a whole lot to prove. I'll leave it at that.