Author Topic: Official Miami Heat thread  (Read 155372 times)

Sccit

Re: Official Miami Heat thread
« Reply #2070 on: August 14, 2012, 04:06:36 PM »
Look, maybe because i grew up in the time of Magic Johnson, but to me you can dominate a game and not score. A dominate player does it on all aspects of the game. No one will call Kevin Martin a dominate player for the Rockets, but he lead the team in scoring. With 2.8 assist per game, and 2.6 rebounds, he obviously didn't do much else, but he score. Now let's take Kobe Bryant of the Lakers. Kobe not only scored 30 points per game, he also had 6.1 rebounds per game and 5.4 assist per game, meaning he played complete games. That's getting it done, that's being dominate.

Lets compare apples to apples. 1992 Dream Team. No one will ever say Charles Barkley was a better player than Michael Jordan. Even during the Dream Team Run. Well Barkley score 18 points per game, Michael only 14.9, Barkley had 4.1 rebounds per game, Michael only 2.4, but Michael had 4.8 assist per game, Barkley only 2.4. Meaning Michael was used more as a decoy to draw attention away from everyone else and then Barkley was usually open. The only players with more assist per game than Michael were Magic at 5.5, and we all know Magic loves to pass, and Scottie Pippen at 5.9, and we all know Pippen loves to pass. But looking just at points, Barkley is the greatest player in the world in 1992.

2012, LeBron had a very Michael Jordan performance. 13.3 points per game, Durant has 19.5. Both had about 5 rebounds per game, but LeBron had 5.6 assist per game compared to Durant's 2.6 assist a game. Meaning LeBron was facing more pressure and found the open man. Of course no one was touching Love on the boards.. LOL... but looking at the stats, it was a very much a team that worked well together and LeBron had a great Olympics. To deny that he was one of the best on the court is to have a bias opinion.

Let's figure an assist was worth 2 points because that's how basketball is scored, you make an assist the person scored at least 2 points. LeBron was involved in 13.3 points per game plus 11.2 points per game for 24.5 points per game. Durant has 19.5 points per game plus 5.2 points per game for 24.7 points per game. Almost even. That's dominating the game like Magic Johnson would, score 19 well Kareem had 25 and Worthy had 22 or 24, yet have 12 assist to make sure they got the points to begin with. That's great team basketball and that's what LeBron did.

YEA, BUT LEBRON AINT NO MAGIC. DURANT HAD A HIGHER ASSIST TOTAL THAN LEBRON IN 3/8 GAMES.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #2071 on: August 14, 2012, 04:36:52 PM »
Look, maybe because i grew up in the time of Magic Johnson, but to me you can dominate a game and not score. A dominate player does it on all aspects of the game. No one will call Kevin Martin a dominate player for the Rockets, but he lead the team in scoring. With 2.8 assist per game, and 2.6 rebounds, he obviously didn't do much else, but he score. Now let's take Kobe Bryant of the Lakers. Kobe not only scored 30 points per game, he also had 6.1 rebounds per game and 5.4 assist per game, meaning he played complete games. That's getting it done, that's being dominate.

Lets compare apples to apples. 1992 Dream Team. No one will ever say Charles Barkley was a better player than Michael Jordan. Even during the Dream Team Run. Well Barkley score 18 points per game, Michael only 14.9, Barkley had 4.1 rebounds per game, Michael only 2.4, but Michael had 4.8 assist per game, Barkley only 2.4. Meaning Michael was used more as a decoy to draw attention away from everyone else and then Barkley was usually open. The only players with more assist per game than Michael were Magic at 5.5, and we all know Magic loves to pass, and Scottie Pippen at 5.9, and we all know Pippen loves to pass. But looking just at points, Barkley is the greatest player in the world in 1992.

2012, LeBron had a very Michael Jordan performance. 13.3 points per game, Durant has 19.5. Both had about 5 rebounds per game, but LeBron had 5.6 assist per game compared to Durant's 2.6 assist a game. Meaning LeBron was facing more pressure and found the open man. Of course no one was touching Love on the boards.. LOL... but looking at the stats, it was a very much a team that worked well together and LeBron had a great Olympics. To deny that he was one of the best on the court is to have a bias opinion.

Let's figure an assist was worth 2 points because that's how basketball is scored, you make an assist the person scored at least 2 points. LeBron was involved in 13.3 points per game plus 11.2 points per game for 24.5 points per game. Durant has 19.5 points per game plus 5.2 points per game for 24.7 points per game. Almost even. That's dominating the game like Magic Johnson would, score 19 well Kareem had 25 and Worthy had 22 or 24, yet have 12 assist to make sure they got the points to begin with. That's great team basketball and that's what LeBron did.

YEA, BUT LEBRON AINT NO MAGIC. DURANT HAD A HIGHER ASSIST TOTAL THAN LEBRON IN 3/8 GAMES.

so in 5 of 8 games LEbron had the higher assist total?

you argued against yourself

Sccit

« Reply #2072 on: August 14, 2012, 04:49:26 PM »

so in 5 of 8 games LEbron had the higher assist total?

you argued against yourself

HE COMPARED LEBRON TO MAGIC....IF DURANT AND MAGIC PLAYED TOGETHER, DURANT WOULD NEVER GET A HIGHER ASSIST TOTAL THAN MAGIC. NOT IN 2,000 GAMES. NOT NEVER. AGAIN, LEBRON WAS GOOD. HE HAD ALL-AROUND GAME. BUT AVERAGING 13 POINTS A GAME DOESNT EXACTLY MAKE U THE HANDS-DOWN STAR OF THE TEAM. IF UR MAGIC AND UR AVERAGING 12 ASSISTS A GAME, THATS A DIFFERENT STORY. BUT FROM WHAT I SAW, DURANT WAS THE FIRST OPTION AND THE GO-TO-GUY. IF DURANT WAS JUST COMIN OFF A CHAMPIONSHIP, THE MEDIA WOULD BE ALL ON HIS NUTS, SAYIN HE'S BY FAR THE BEST ON THE TEAM AND ALL THAT BS....YALL KNOW HOW IT WORKS. LEBRON IS BEING BILLED AS THE LEADER BEFORE THE TOURNEY EVEN STARTED, BUT THERE REALLY WAS NONE. DIFFERENT PLAYERS TOOK TURNS GOIN OFF. BUT IF ANYONE IS TO BE CROWNED THE BEST PLAYER OF THE TOURNEY, THEN IT'S GOTTA BE DURANT. HE WAS ICE COLD IN SOME OF THOSE GAMES. ALMOST REMINDED ME OF KOBE IN '02 WITH HOW EASY HE WAS SCORING.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #2073 on: August 14, 2012, 11:40:39 PM »
LOL. Shit is straight embarrassing. This season was the end of NIKs sports career.

Sccit

« Reply #2074 on: August 15, 2012, 12:43:01 AM »
LOL. Shit is straight embarrassing. This season was the end of NIKs sports career.

GREAT POINTS U MADE TO DEBATE WHAT I SAID. I HAVE 2 SAY U REALLY SWAYED ME WITH THAT 1.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #2075 on: August 15, 2012, 08:49:09 AM »

GREAT POINTS U MADE TO DEBATE WHAT I SAID. I HAVE 2 SAY U REALLY SWAYED ME WITH THAT 1.

Son, even Lakers fans are telling you that you're being an idiot. You spend ten years saying "stats" don't mean anything, but when it comes between putting the icing on LeBron's season that has only been duplicated by one player (MJ), all of sudden it means everything.

Durant shoots....that's about it. Defensively, rebounding, assist-wise & everything else goes to LeBron. It's kinda like if the Lakers change their offense around & Kobe only scores 18 & Dwight averages 24, are you telling me you're going to turn around & say "Dwight > Kobe".

Sccit

« Reply #2076 on: August 15, 2012, 10:40:46 AM »

Son, even Lakers fans are telling you that you're being an idiot. You spend ten years saying "stats" don't mean anything, but when it comes between putting the icing on LeBron's season that has only been duplicated by one player (MJ), all of sudden it means everything.

Durant shoots....that's about it. Defensively, rebounding, assist-wise & everything else goes to LeBron. It's kinda like if the Lakers change their offense around & Kobe only scores 18 & Dwight averages 24, are you telling me you're going to turn around & say "Dwight > Kobe".

EVERYTHING I SAID WAS SUPPORTED. GET LEBRONS DICK OUT YA MOUTH. HE'S BEEN GREAT, BUT NOT HEAD-AND-SHOULDERS ABOVE DURANT, IF BETTER AT ALL.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #2077 on: August 15, 2012, 10:49:00 AM »

EVERYTHING I SAID WAS SUPPORTED. GET LEBRONS DICK OUT YA MOUTH. HE'S BEEN GREAT, BUT NOT HEAD-AND-SHOULDERS ABOVE DURANT, IF BETTER AT ALL.

Wow, this guy needs help. He's like Daz, caps lock, doesn't listen to reason...

HEY DAZ... YOU HACK SCCIT'S ACCOUNT??

Sccit

« Reply #2078 on: August 15, 2012, 11:16:51 AM »

Wow, this guy needs help. He's like Daz, caps lock, doesn't listen to reason...

HEY DAZ... YOU HACK SCCIT'S ACCOUNT??

I'M ON A FOREIGN, PC, SLOW YOUR ROLE. IF UR SAYING HIS NOT AS GOOD AS LEBRON WAS IN THE TOURNAMENT, YOU'RE TRIPPIN BALLS. HIS AVERAGING 7 POINTS MORE, HOW CAN HE NOT AT LEAST BE CONSIDERED AS THE TOP PLAYER OF THE TEAM?

MDOGG IS TRIPPIN. HIS TALKIN ALL THIS SHIT BUT PROBABLY DIDNT EVEN WATCH THE GAMES.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2079 on: August 15, 2012, 11:49:28 AM »
I ain't saying he wasn't as good as Durant... I watched the games and Durant came to play. If the TEAM didn't come to play against the Spanish team, we'd be the home of a silver medal team. But don't act like LeBron was sucking ass out there. From what I saw, he was one of the best players in the game. He was killing it and making the right play at the right time.

Here's the thing I have seen with LeBron. Before I was like you, I was not a hater but I didn't appreciated his game because I didn't understand it. After years of watching MJ and Kobe, I always thought the best player in the game would want the shot. I think even LeBron agrees with that now. But his make up, his mentality is not that way. His mentality is to share the ball and play with people. That's why he went to play with his friends in South Beach. He wants to have fun, he wants his team to be involved and he would do what is needed for his team not only to win, but for his teammates to feel involved. At the end of the game, if a player is missing shots, Kobe and Michael will shut them out and ignore them while trying to win the game on there own. LeBron is not like that, he will pass them the ball hoping they make that shot, then crash to boards in case they miss and do a put back. He's a different kind of player than we've ever seen, and that's his nature. It took years for me to understand his game. And he wouldn't be able to play this game for a long time. But right now, he's 27 years old, he's in the prime of his career, he's the most physically gifted athlete I've ever seen on a basketball court and that's including Shaq, he's unselfish to a fault and his ideal situation is to win and have his whole team involved.

I am not saying Durant had a worst game than LeBron, but what I am saying is LeBron is playing at a level not seen in a long time, and he did something only 1992 Michael Jordan had ever done. LeBron is playing at a very high level and it's funny that you are trying to minimize it because instead of hating you should just sit back and enjoy the show. Do I think LeBron and the Heat will win the NBA Finals next year, actually no. I think they have huge depth problems and with each year Wade gets older and more injured prone, Bosh has more thrown on him with the Heat's lack of size and one day LeBron will not be the most physically dominating force on the basketball court, and that will happen soon than people think. Will it happen next year, I highly doubt it, but I'm not counting it out either. But until that day come, just sit back and enjoy the show.

You wouldn't see another player like LeBron again, and it would take him 4 more years... AT LEAST... to catch Kobe. He'll be 31 years old and would have been in the league 13 years. And that's IF the Heat win every year. By then Wade will be 34 years old and at the same point of his career that Kobe is now, slowing down and hoping for one more push. And with the Big 3's large contracts and the new CBA, it will be hard for the Heat to even at depth, and on top of that teams like the Thunder and the Knicks will eventually catch up to them. So NIK, don't worry, LeBron can win a title or two. It doesn't hurt anything. And if he does get to 5, that's great, hopefully Kobe will get to 7 by then and be wrapped up as one of the greatest ever. But just enjoy the show, who knows how long it will be here. As for teams I don't want to see win the NBA Finals, Boston. They can't get to 18 before the Lakers get to 17, and that's all I have to say about that. But the Heat getting NUMBER 2! and LeBron getting 1! I can live with that. Hell I can live with LeBron getting 2 or 3... maybe 4... but if he gets 5 Kobe better have had 7 already. And that's so far down the road I wouldn't even worry about it, I will just watch it all play out.

Sccit

« Reply #2080 on: August 15, 2012, 01:46:21 PM »
I ain't saying he wasn't as good as Durant... I watched the games and Durant came to play. If the TEAM didn't come to play against the Spanish team, we'd be the home of a silver medal team. But don't act like LeBron was sucking ass out there. From what I saw, he was one of the best players in the game. He was killing it and making the right play at the right time.

Here's the thing I have seen with LeBron. Before I was like you, I was not a hater but I didn't appreciated his game because I didn't understand it. After years of watching MJ and Kobe, I always thought the best player in the game would want the shot. I think even LeBron agrees with that now. But his make up, his mentality is not that way. His mentality is to share the ball and play with people. That's why he went to play with his friends in South Beach. He wants to have fun, he wants his team to be involved and he would do what is needed for his team not only to win, but for his teammates to feel involved. At the end of the game, if a player is missing shots, Kobe and Michael will shut them out and ignore them while trying to win the game on there own. LeBron is not like that, he will pass them the ball hoping they make that shot, then crash to boards in case they miss and do a put back. He's a different kind of player than we've ever seen, and that's his nature. It took years for me to understand his game. And he wouldn't be able to play this game for a long time. But right now, he's 27 years old, he's in the prime of his career, he's the most physically gifted athlete I've ever seen on a basketball court and that's including Shaq, he's unselfish to a fault and his ideal situation is to win and have his whole team involved.

I am not saying Durant had a worst game than LeBron, but what I am saying is LeBron is playing at a level not seen in a long time, and he did something only 1992 Michael Jordan had ever done. LeBron is playing at a very high level and it's funny that you are trying to minimize it because instead of hating you should just sit back and enjoy the show. Do I think LeBron and the Heat will win the NBA Finals next year, actually no. I think they have huge depth problems and with each year Wade gets older and more injured prone, Bosh has more thrown on him with the Heat's lack of size and one day LeBron will not be the most physically dominating force on the basketball court, and that will happen soon than people think. Will it happen next year, I highly doubt it, but I'm not counting it out either. But until that day come, just sit back and enjoy the show.

You wouldn't see another player like LeBron again, and it would take him 4 more years... AT LEAST... to catch Kobe. He'll be 31 years old and would have been in the league 13 years. And that's IF the Heat win every year. By then Wade will be 34 years old and at the same point of his career that Kobe is now, slowing down and hoping for one more push. And with the Big 3's large contracts and the new CBA, it will be hard for the Heat to even at depth, and on top of that teams like the Thunder and the Knicks will eventually catch up to them. So NIK, don't worry, LeBron can win a title or two. It doesn't hurt anything. And if he does get to 5, that's great, hopefully Kobe will get to 7 by then and be wrapped up as one of the greatest ever. But just enjoy the show, who knows how long it will be here. As for teams I don't want to see win the NBA Finals, Boston. They can't get to 18 before the Lakers get to 17, and that's all I have to say about that. But the Heat getting NUMBER 2! and LeBron getting 1! I can live with that. Hell I can live with LeBron getting 2 or 3... maybe 4... but if he gets 5 Kobe better have had 7 already. And that's so far down the road I wouldn't even worry about it, I will just watch it all play out.

ARE U EVEN READING THE POSTS? I NEVER EVEN SAID LEBRON SUCKED ASS OR ANYTHING REMOTELY CLOSE LMAO...JUST THAT DURANT WAS THE BEST IN THE TOURNAMENT. LIKE I SAID, SLOW YA ROLL, M.

Sccit

« Reply #2081 on: August 15, 2012, 01:52:51 PM »

LeBron is playing at a level not seen in a long time

THIS IS WHERE UR WRONG. HIM AND DURANT ARE PLAYING ON THE SAME LEVEL, THATS MY POINT .. AND IMO, DURANT IS BETTER AND MUCH MORE OF A NATURAL. IS THERE SOMETHING WRONG IN SAYIN THAT? LEBRON AINT HEAD-AND-SHOULDERS ABOVE THE LEAGUE, AND THIS IS A COMMON NOTION, NOT SOMETHING IM PULLIN OUT MY ASS.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2082 on: August 15, 2012, 02:05:06 PM »

ARE U EVEN READING THE POSTS? I NEVER EVEN SAID LEBRON SUCKED ASS OR ANYTHING REMOTELY CLOSE LMAO...JUST THAT DURANT WAS THE BEST IN THE TOURNAMENT. LIKE I SAID, SLOW YA ROLL, M.

I did read your post, and you made it sound like LeBron wasn't doing shit, but getting credit for being the best basketball player in the tournament. I'd like to point out that I personally thought LeBron was the best player in the tournament. Not based off points but because he was a complete player who did everything on the court. I thought Durant was amazing too, but if I had to pick a player to have on my team, it would be LeBron.

LeBron is playing at a level not seen in a long time

THIS IS WHERE UR WRONG. HIM AND DURANT ARE PLAYING ON THE SAME LEVEL, THATS MY POINT .. AND IMO, DURANT IS BETTER AND MUCH MORE OF A NATURAL. IS THERE SOMETHING WRONG IN SAYIN THAT? LEBRON AINT HEAD-AND-SHOULDERS ABOVE THE LEAGUE, AND THIS IS A COMMON NOTION, NOT SOMETHING IM PULLIN OUT MY ASS.

I am not sure if you have been watching the NBA lately, but there has not been anyone as good as LeBron since Kobe in 2006. And on a team of superstars LeBron was still voted NBA MVP. What do you call 27.1ppg, 6.2apg, 7.9rpg, the NBA MVP, the NBA Finals MVP, 30.1 ppg in the NBA playoffs, 9.7rpg in the NBA playoffs, 6.9rpg in the NBA playoffs, shooting 53% in the season, 50% in the playoffs? If you don't call that the best player in the NBA right now, I don't know what you call that. Not saying Durant was trash, he was the second best player in the NBA. But on a team of superstars, LeBron still shines brighter than anyone else. Hands down the best player in the world right now.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #2083 on: August 17, 2012, 09:39:26 PM »
yeah NIK you really do come across as the biggest Lebron hater ever

Sccit

« Reply #2084 on: August 18, 2012, 02:10:58 AM »
LOL, SOME1 DELETED MY LAST POST IN HERE....WELL, ANYWAYS, I NEVER SAID "LEBRON WASNT DOING SHIT". I THOUGHT LEBRON WAS A BEAST...ALL I SAID WAS THAT I THOUGHT DURANT WAS THE BEST PLAYER IN THE TOURNAMENT, AND IF UR GUNNA SIT HERE AND ACT LIKE THATS AN OUTRAGEOUS IDEA, THEN UR BRAINWASHED. NOTHIN MORE, NOTHIN LESS.

AND MDOGG ACTIN LIKE LEBRON IS HANDS DOWN THE BEST PLAYER AND COMPARING HIM 2 KOBE IN HIS PRIME, WHEN THERES STILL A GREAT ARGUMENT FOR DURANT IS JUST FUNNY 2 ME. MJ IN HIS PRIME WAS THE CLEAR CUT BEST IN THE LEAGUE. KOBE IN HIS PRIME WAS THE CLEAR CUT BEST IN THE LEAGUE. LEBRON IS NOT THE CLEAR CUT BEST. I WOULD PERSONALLY TAKE DURANT OVER LEBRON ON MY TEAM, AND THATS NO HATE, IT'S JUST FACT.