Author Topic: Official Miami Heat thread  (Read 155512 times)

Sccit

Re: Official Miami Heat thread
« Reply #2115 on: August 23, 2012, 02:31:19 PM »
When Michael played, at first there was questions of who was the best, was it Jordan, was it Magic, later was it Barkley. Eventually Michael silenced them all. Later when Kobe played, there were questions. What is Vinsanity, was it AI, was it Shaq, later was it LeBron. Eventually Kobe silenced them all. I think LeBron has reached that. With LeBron it was, who's better Kobe or LeBron. Now that Kobe's on the decline LeBron has taken that top spot. Maybe one day we'll ask if Durant is better than LeBron, maybe in 3 years when LeBron is 30 and Durant is hitting his prime. But that day is NOT today. LeBron ended everything the way all players do, in a 7 game series going against the best. Jordan beat Magic in 5 games and no one questioned if he was the best of that era anymore. When Barkley challenged, he beat him too. Later Kobe played out of his mind, but he never got that ring without Shaq. But everyone called him the best like they did Jordan, but in 2009 Kobe put an end to all talks and proved it. In 2010 the Lakers beat the Celtics and Kobe played out of his mind in that series. The question was answered, how can LeBron even be close when he can't lead a team to the Finals well Kobe is winning Finals. This year LeBron lead his team to victory. Durant in the series looked good, but LeBron looked dominate. It was that 5 games that I said, I can't deny it anymore, right now, in 2012, LeBron James best basketball player in the world. And until someone comes and knocks him off from that, he'll continue to be. Just like Kobe was until LeBron proved it, or Jordan was until he retired, or Magic was until Michael knocked him off. That's just the way it is.
100% truth.

so u think lebron is head-and-shoulders above durant? :laugh:
It's close, but LeBron is clearly better.

if it's close, he cant be "clearly" better...and if he was "clearly" better, he wouldnt average 13 points to durant's 20 in this years olympics. anyone who thinks an argument cant be made for either player is either a huge fan of one or the other, or is simply not watching them.

Sccit, listen, please listen. Look at the Dream Team's stats. You know Barkley "clearly" scored more points than Michael "Fuckin'" Jordan!!! It wasn't even close. Please tell me in 1992, that Charles Barkley was better than Michael Jordan. Please I'm begging you, please tell that. If you say Charles Barkley was better than Michael Jordan in 1992, then I will drop this whole thing and I will agree with you. All you have to do is say in 1992, Charles Barkley was better than Michael Jordan. And well we are at in, that Scottie Pippen was a better passer than Magic Johnson since Pippen had more assist than Magic. Then I will agree with you.

no...durant is not better because of the olympics. i already thought durant was better before that, brobro

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #2116 on: August 23, 2012, 02:31:25 PM »
Well now we're arguing semantics.

And the Olympics don't mean shit. You've got a stacked USA team whose bench could beat any other team. You're not going to get a accurate measure of whose the better player.

PLANT

« Reply #2117 on: August 23, 2012, 02:34:11 PM »

he hasnt done ANYTHING yet to place him in a class above durant.

you could start with 3 NBA MVP trophies, an NBA Championship trophy and NBA Finals MVP

man, you really got a hate on for the king

The scoring comparison is basically equal, but your a fool if you dont think LeBron is the better rebounder, passer, defensive player etc

so because i think durant is better than lebron, i hate lebron? the scoring is not equal...durant is a much better/purer scorer than lebron. he's more poised and can score with much more ease, has a better stroke, can hit free throws at an amazing rate, clutch shooter. lebron is a better passer, durant is a better rebounder...their defense is equal. durant's length on the defensive end is something else, tho. pretty much, it's a very valid comparison....like  said, neither player is head and shoulders above the other, but i'd take durant, all day.
i feel sorry for you

i feel sorry for anyone related 2 u...i just made great points, and thats all u can say. socially deficient?
If I was a bird, I know who I'd shit on.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #2118 on: August 23, 2012, 02:34:48 PM »
Well now we're arguing semantics.

And the Olympics don't mean shit. You've got a stacked USA team whose bench could beat any other team. You're not going to get a accurate measure of whose the better player.

we barely beat Spain  foo

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #2119 on: August 23, 2012, 02:34:53 PM »
Maybe one day we'll ask if Durant is better than LeBron, maybe in 3 years when LeBron is 30 and Durant is hitting his prime. But that day is NOT today

wrong...that day is today. it's a legit argument of 2 superstars on the same level. a true individual rivalry. neither is head-and-shoulders above the other one. durant and lebron are in the same class, and durant, imo, is the better player. u need 2 stop actin like lebron has reached that untouchable GOAT status, cuz he hasnt. yes, he won a ring...but he was also down 2-1 to the pacers and 3-2 to the celtics. he didnt run away with the title, and he hasnt done ANYTHING yet to place him in a class above durant. if he wins the next 2 titles, that will be the seperation. as of now, it's lebron-durant, durant-lebron....thats all there is to it.

Who said anything about GOAT statues? I'm saying in 2012, LeBron proved himself the best player in the world. You are the only one in America saying Durant, and because you are saying this you want people to recognize it as a legitimate challenge, dogg you ain't that important. There was someone in Orlando, FL in 1996 saying Shaq was the most dominate player in the NBA, and therefore he was the best. But by summer of 1996, the majority of people agreed that Michael Jordan was the best player of that year. There was someone in Chicago in 1987 that say, Michael Jordan is the best player in the NBA, but after winning and NBA title and MVP award everyone that summer said Magic Johnson. In 2009, someone in Ohio claimed up and down that LeBron was the best player in the NBA, but by the summer everyone agreed it was Kobe Bryant. That is the way it is, that's the way it will always be. You are now that person who says Kevin Durant is the best player in the NBA, when everyone else says it's LeBron. That's just the way it is.

Look on the bright side, in 2-3 years, when Dwight Howard wins LA a title with Kobe retired, we can agree Howard as the best player in the NBA. We can rejoice at LeBron's decline together, and we can forget you ever ranked Durant ahead of Howard and it'll be like 2006-now when we actually got along. I mean think of it, who ever thought M Dogg and Now I Know could get along. It was a golden age for DubCC.

LOL...what are u talkin about?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1212076-2012-nba-finals-kevin-durant-and-thunder-are-better-than-lebron-james-and-heat

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/19267728/lebron-or-durant-before-choosing-look-whose-games-improving-most

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/post/_/id/8021100/durant-better-lebron (a poll of the whole nation, 43% durant, 48% lebron.....yet, i'm "the only one saying durant"....u payin attention?)

and Howard will never be the best.

When I posted my original response I said that it was during the finals that LeBron proved himself. All of these were done before the Finals even started. It was during the NBA Finals, going head on with Durant that LeBron proved himself. Please find updated articles that show how LeBron and Durant do as starting SFs on opposite sides.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #2120 on: August 23, 2012, 02:37:35 PM »
My only response to Sccit after re-reading his bull shit.

PLANT

« Reply #2121 on: August 23, 2012, 02:41:32 PM »
Everyone can see what youre doing here Elior.

You debated the LeBron vs Kobe thing to the death for years, and now that its clearly obvious to the world LeBron is the best, you are trying to put another player on that pedestal just so you dont have to praise James as the best player.

If you took a poll of all NBA players who they thought was the best player in the L, do you think Durant would win?  Not a fucking chance.  LeBron would.  So take it from the guys who are actually on the court, and dont have a face full of Kobe nut like you.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #2122 on: August 23, 2012, 02:43:13 PM »
Everyone can see what youre doing here Elior.

You debated the LeBron vs Kobe thing to the death for years, and now that its clearly obvious to the world LeBron is the best, you are trying to put another player on that pedestal just so you dont have to praise James as the best player.

If you took a poll of all NBA players who they thought was the best player in the L, do you think Durant would win?  Not a fucking chance.  LeBron would.  So take it from the guys who are actually on the court, and dont have a face full of Kobe nut like you.

PLANT

« Reply #2123 on: August 23, 2012, 02:44:33 PM »
Im also going to pull a "NIK/Kobe" move on you

"When Durant wins 3 MVPs, NBA Title, NBA Finals MVP, All Defensive Team X"  then talk to me

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #2124 on: August 23, 2012, 03:35:15 PM »
Im also going to pull a "NIK/Kobe" move on you

"When Durant wins 3 MVPs, NBA Title, NBA Finals MVP, All Defensive Team X"  then talk to me

Lol!

Sccit

« Reply #2125 on: August 23, 2012, 09:45:54 PM »
lol...i just posted a link that shows 43% of the nation says durant>lebron. u have 2 be retarded to not realize there is an on-going debate. straight up.

i understand the lebron-lovers, hack and plant...theyre riding for their boy(friend)

but whoever else doesnt realize lebron is not head-and-shoulders above durant, you need 2 check yaself. if u say he's better, fine. but 2 say theres no way one could argue durant over lebron is a mockery to people who really do follow the sport.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #2126 on: August 23, 2012, 09:47:59 PM »
lol...i just posted a link that shows 43% of the nation says durant>lebron. u have 2 be retarded to not realize there is an on-going debate. straight up.

there WAS a debate

before Lebron won his 3rd MVP, first tile and first finals MVP....while playing against a disappearing Durant in the finals.

now it's pretty damn obvious who's the best.

Sccit

« Reply #2127 on: August 23, 2012, 10:00:39 PM »

there WAS a debate

before Lebron won his 3rd MVP, first tile and first finals MVP....while playing against a disappearing Durant in the finals.

now it's pretty damn obvious who's the best.

1 month doesnt make a difference in how good they are lol...durant played his part in the series. it was the role players and oklahoma's inexperience that caused oklahoma 2 lose. lets not forget, lebron is playing with 2 other franchise players, and they went through their trials-and-tribulations in the finals the year before... if lebron wins a title next year, i will say he's the clear cut best. in my opinion, his team aint even the favorites, so i wouldnt exactly call him the clear cut best as of now. if u do, then ur exaggerating how good he is in comparison 2 durant.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #2128 on: August 23, 2012, 10:07:19 PM »
Durant played a 45 minute game with 1 rebound in the finals  :eh:

Lebron averaged 10 rebounds a game and he's shorter than Durant

and in the finals he only averaged 2.2 assists...Lebron had 7.4

Sccit

« Reply #2129 on: August 23, 2012, 10:14:57 PM »
Durant played a 45 minute game with 1 rebound in the finals  :eh:

Lebron averaged 10 rebounds a game and he's shorter than Durant

and in the finals he only averaged 2.2 assists...Lebron had 7.4