Author Topic: Official Miami Heat thread  (Read 160761 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re: Official Miami Heat thread
« Reply #2130 on: August 23, 2012, 10:17:34 PM »
lol...i just posted a link that shows 43% of the nation says durant>lebron. u have 2 be retarded to not realize there is an on-going debate. straight up.

i understand the lebron-lovers, hack and plant...theyre riding for their boy(friend)

but whoever else doesnt realize lebron is not head-and-shoulders above durant, you need 2 check yaself. if u say he's better, fine. but 2 say theres no way one could argue durant over lebron is a mockery to people who really do follow the sport.

When I checked that link, only 1,000 people voted. Dude, LeBron has his hater, in 2005 people celebrated Steve Nash winning the MVP over Kobe. And it's the same thing with LeBron, people hate him. If not for the decision, that poll would be different and you know this. Ask in 2005 who the best and I bet a lot of votes go to Nash, does that mean it's close. NO!

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #2131 on: August 23, 2012, 10:18:33 PM »
yeah I think we all know Nash was better than Kobe those 2 years  8)

Sccit

« Reply #2132 on: August 23, 2012, 10:36:57 PM »
lol...i just posted a link that shows 43% of the nation says durant>lebron. u have 2 be retarded to not realize there is an on-going debate. straight up.

i understand the lebron-lovers, hack and plant...theyre riding for their boy(friend)

but whoever else doesnt realize lebron is not head-and-shoulders above durant, you need 2 check yaself. if u say he's better, fine. but 2 say theres no way one could argue durant over lebron is a mockery to people who really do follow the sport.

When I checked that link, only 1,000 people voted. Dude, LeBron has his hater, in 2005 people celebrated Steve Nash winning the MVP over Kobe. And it's the same thing with LeBron, people hate him. If not for the decision, that poll would be different and you know this. Ask in 2005 who the best and I bet a lot of votes go to Nash, does that mean it's close. NO!

Total votes: 6,639

thats besides the point....theres a debate, whether u like it or not. there was never a legit nash vs. kobe debate (lol)....nash won mvp's because his team was better. every1 knows the mvp is a joke and nothing but a popularity contest nowadays, which is why i hardly factor it into vs. debates.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #2133 on: August 23, 2012, 10:41:49 PM »
Durant can't win in the finals, how is he better than Lebron?

Sccit

« Reply #2134 on: August 23, 2012, 10:46:29 PM »

he didnt win in the finals, dont mean he cant

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2135 on: August 24, 2012, 07:11:15 AM »

But he didn't, LeBron did. If you want to be the best, prove it to me.

Sccit

« Reply #2136 on: August 24, 2012, 09:30:45 AM »

lakers lost to boston in the finals in '08.....does that mean KG was the best?

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #2137 on: August 24, 2012, 10:32:22 AM »

Paul Pierce was the best.  He owned Kobe that series.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2138 on: August 24, 2012, 10:56:35 AM »

Kind of, the first 3 games Kobe was owning the Celtics, BUT the Celtics as a team was owning the Lakers. Kobe was the leading scorer in games 1, 2 and 3, scoring 36 in game 3. But game 4, the Boston D closed in on Kobe, and the Celtics were already up 2-1, forced Kobe to pass. Kobe got 10 assist, but the Celtics as a team was too much for Kobe and the adjusting to the triangle Gasol. Once Boston went up 3-1, it was like Pierce smelled blood and scored 38 in game 5 to close out the series but the Lakers still won at Staples, only to get CRUSHED by Boston in game 6.

End results, Kobe played better until you can tell the Lakers were over matched. Kobe still tried, but I remember thinking to myself, is Kobe the only player trying? He was fouling and trying to extend the series but the rest of the Lakers gave up. When the rest of the Lakers gave up, that's whey Pierce kicked it into overdrive and KILLED the Lakers and out performed Kobe. Would I say Paul Pierce was the better player, for the year of 2008, well he proved it right there. If for anything, he did to Kobe what Kobe had done to others over and over in his career, kill the other teams will.

Sccit

« Reply #2139 on: August 24, 2012, 12:08:05 PM »
BUT the Celtics as a team was owning the Lakers.

thanks for provin my point

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2140 on: August 24, 2012, 12:21:26 PM »

We agree a lot on Kobe's greatness, don't get too big headed. But I also live in the real world, which separates us.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #2141 on: August 24, 2012, 12:34:44 PM »

Kind of, the first 3 games Kobe was owning the Celtics, BUT the Celtics as a team was owning the Lakers.

so how was Kobe owning them if Boston was winning those games? ;)

Sccit

« Reply #2142 on: August 24, 2012, 12:42:52 PM »

We agree a lot on Kobe's greatness, don't get too big headed. But I also live in the real world, which separates us.

ur pretty awful at debating....u were tryna say that lebron is better than durant because he just won a ring. then i brought up the fact that kobe lost to the celtics in '08, but was still the hands-down best in the world. at the end of the day, the heat won against okc because they were better prepared, they were one year removed from losing in the finals, and executed properly. not cuz lebron was better than durant. like i said, if u wanna call lebron better than durant, go ahead. but he aint mj or kobe status, who were hands down the best with no one being a close second...there is still a lebron-durant debate, and there will continue to be a lebron-durant debate, until lebron has a few titles under his belt, not just one. and yea, of course more peeps currently pick lebron, being fresh off a championship and what not....but as far as individual talent, they are neck and neck, and i personally would take durant over lebron.....what dont u get in all that? what part of that sounds off to u?

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #2143 on: August 24, 2012, 12:45:31 PM »

ur pretty awful at debating....u were tryna say that lebron is better than durant because he just won a ring. then i brought up the fact that kobe lost to the celtics in '08, but was still the hands-down best in the world. at the end of the day, the heat won against okc because they were better prepared, they were one year removed from losing in the finals, and executed properly. not cuz lebron was better than durant. like i said, if u wanna call lebron better than durant, go ahead. but he aint mj or kobe status, who were hands down the best with no one being a close second...there is still a lebron-durant debate, and there will continue to be a lebron-durant debate, until lebron has a few titles under his belt, not just one. and yea, of course more peeps currently pick lebron, being fresh off a championship and what not....but as far as individual talent, they are neck and neck, and i personally would take durant over lebron.....what dont u get in all that? what part of that sounds off to u?

the Atlanta Hawks put up a better fight against the Celtics than the Lakers did that year

Kobe should be ashamed.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #2144 on: August 24, 2012, 12:52:51 PM »
oh and who can forget this? the worst back-to-back home losses in Los Angeles Lakers history happened under the Kobe Bryant/Phil Jackson era in December of 2010.

that's a long, storied history...