Author Topic: Official Miami Heat thread  (Read 160767 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re: Official Miami Heat thread
« Reply #2145 on: August 24, 2012, 01:17:05 PM »
BUT the Celtics as a team was owning the Lakers.

thanks for provin my point

We agree a lot on Kobe's greatness, don't get too big headed. But I also live in the real world, which separates us.

ur pretty awful at debating....u were tryna say that lebron is better than durant because he just won a ring. then i brought up the fact that kobe lost to the celtics in '08, but was still the hands-down best in the world. at the end of the day, the heat won against okc because they were better prepared, they were one year removed from losing in the finals, and executed properly. not cuz lebron was better than durant. like i said, if u wanna call lebron better than durant, go ahead. but he aint mj or kobe status, who were hands down the best with no one being a close second...there is still a lebron-durant debate, and there will continue to be a lebron-durant debate, until lebron has a few titles under his belt, not just one. and yea, of course more peeps currently pick lebron, being fresh off a championship and what not....but as far as individual talent, they are neck and neck, and i personally would take durant over lebron.....what dont u get in all that? what part of that sounds off to u?

WTF... you are the one arguing superstars win titles, and then you give Kobe a pass in 2008. I even left room in my arguments to give Kobe the best player in the league argument with two things, my pointing out that a group of 12 role players have 55 rings between them, and that Kobe was the best in the league in 2004-2007 even without an MVP trophy or ring. But I also said that in a 7 game series, that's when a player proves them self over another. So if Kobe was the dominate player in the 2008 series against the Celtics, then he proved to be the best player on the court, but the Celtics had the better team by far and even you have to admit Kobe looked pretty hopeless at the end.

As for LeBron s. Durant, which is the here and now, LeBron was more dominate than Durant, and that was head to head. When going against LeBron, Durant did not do as well. The only game Durant did better than LeBron, game 1. But then to say there is an argument off that would be to say Iverson was the best player in the league based off Game 1 of the 2001 Finals, he wasn't.

Game 1:
LeBron 30 points, 9 rebs, 4 assist
Durant 36 points, 8 rebs, 4 assist

Game 2:
LeBron 32 points, 8 rebs, 5 assist
Durant 32 points, 3 rebs, 1 assist

Game 3:
LeBron 29 points, 14 rebs, 3 assist
Durant 25 points, 6 rebs, 0 assist

Game 4:
LeBron 26 points, 9 rebs, 12 assist!! (That's Magic Johnson numbers!!)
Durant 28 points, 2 rebs, 3 assist

Game 5:
LeBron 26 points, 11 rebs, 13 assist!! (Triple Double, plus every starter for the Heat was in double digits!!)
Durant 32 points, 11 rebs, 3 assist (Double Double, nice game)

As the series evolved, and both teams got to know each other LeBron found the open man, took the ball himself, grabbed rebounds were as Durant couldn't find the open man, or forced things up on his own. You know who Durant played like, LeBron in 2007. He was lost in the big moment, so he scored a lot of points and tried to force things that wasn't there. LeBron has hit that rare spot that very few have hit. He's a throwback to Larry Bird and Magic Johnson, but we want him to be Michael Jordan or Kobe Bryant. He'll never be them, instead we should just enjoy a great player who plays like an 80's superstar.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #2146 on: August 24, 2012, 01:26:53 PM »
don't expect NIK to put up a valid argument to that M Dogg but great post

Sccit

« Reply #2147 on: August 24, 2012, 01:51:37 PM »
BUT the Celtics as a team was owning the Lakers.

thanks for provin my point

We agree a lot on Kobe's greatness, don't get too big headed. But I also live in the real world, which separates us.

ur pretty awful at debating....u were tryna say that lebron is better than durant because he just won a ring. then i brought up the fact that kobe lost to the celtics in '08, but was still the hands-down best in the world. at the end of the day, the heat won against okc because they were better prepared, they were one year removed from losing in the finals, and executed properly. not cuz lebron was better than durant. like i said, if u wanna call lebron better than durant, go ahead. but he aint mj or kobe status, who were hands down the best with no one being a close second...there is still a lebron-durant debate, and there will continue to be a lebron-durant debate, until lebron has a few titles under his belt, not just one. and yea, of course more peeps currently pick lebron, being fresh off a championship and what not....but as far as individual talent, they are neck and neck, and i personally would take durant over lebron.....what dont u get in all that? what part of that sounds off to u?

WTF... you are the one arguing superstars win titles, and then you give Kobe a pass in 2008. I even left room in my arguments to give Kobe the best player in the league argument with two things, my pointing out that a group of 12 role players have 55 rings between them, and that Kobe was the best in the league in 2004-2007 even without an MVP trophy or ring. But I also said that in a 7 game series, that's when a player proves them self over another. So if Kobe was the dominate player in the 2008 series against the Celtics, then he proved to be the best player on the court, but the Celtics had the better team by far and even you have to admit Kobe looked pretty hopeless at the end.

As for LeBron s. Durant, which is the here and now, LeBron was more dominate than Durant, and that was head to head. When going against LeBron, Durant did not do as well. The only game Durant did better than LeBron, game 1. But then to say there is an argument off that would be to say Iverson was the best player in the league based off Game 1 of the 2001 Finals, he wasn't.

Game 1:
LeBron 30 points, 9 rebs, 4 assist
Durant 36 points, 8 rebs, 4 assist

Game 2:
LeBron 32 points, 8 rebs, 5 assist
Durant 32 points, 3 rebs, 1 assist

Game 3:
LeBron 29 points, 14 rebs, 3 assist
Durant 25 points, 6 rebs, 0 assist

Game 4:
LeBron 26 points, 9 rebs, 12 assist!! (That's Magic Johnson numbers!!)
Durant 28 points, 2 rebs, 3 assist

Game 5:
LeBron 26 points, 11 rebs, 13 assist!! (Triple Double, plus every starter for the Heat was in double digits!!)
Durant 32 points, 11 rebs, 3 assist (Double Double, nice game)

As the series evolved, and both teams got to know each other LeBron found the open man, took the ball himself, grabbed rebounds were as Durant couldn't find the open man, or forced things up on his own. You know who Durant played like, LeBron in 2007. He was lost in the big moment, so he scored a lot of points and tried to force things that wasn't there. LeBron has hit that rare spot that very few have hit. He's a throwback to Larry Bird and Magic Johnson, but we want him to be Michael Jordan or Kobe Bryant. He'll never be them, instead we should just enjoy a great player who plays like an 80's superstar.

no, no....superstars don't have 2 win titles. Durant and LeBron are superstars. Melo and CP3 are superstars. GOATS typically have to win titles....Durant is still a superstar, regardless of whether he won or not. To say Durant played like Lebron in 2007 is a joke....Durant didn't let his team down. Durant's team let him down. In 2007 (as well as the other years LeBron choked), it was LeBron letting his team down, not the other way around. so thats not a fair comparison. With OKC, I'd say most of the blame goes to Westbrook for not distributing properly, with the rest of the blame going to the role players playing like they were all lost. Come on, the fuckin Heat role players shitted all over the OKC role players. they were ready. OKC was not. didnt they set three point records and shit? the Heat beasted, and LeBron beasted as well, but LeBron being better than Durant was not the difference in that series. Durant scored more on less field goal attempts...and the reason he had less field goal attempts was because Westbrook was shooting too much. either way, at the end of the day, there is a comparison to be made between 'em. and if u cant see that now, u will in the upcoming season...PeACe

King Of The Greater Los Angeles Area

• 'G'
« Reply #2148 on: August 24, 2012, 03:15:49 PM »
Durant>>>>>>>>>>everyone else

LOCK THIS THREAD UP

teecee

« Reply #2149 on: August 25, 2012, 07:55:04 AM »
I try not to get Involved in these debates anymore...it's like a hamster on a wheel.

Three things:

1) NIK is embarrassing himself(just because something is your personal opinion does not make it valid...only in your own mind do you get respect like that)

2) M Dogg is offering intelligent observations and insight, and is less biased than every poster here(including myself).

3) Durant is a GREAT player...but the thing he does best, he barely does better than Lebron (who gives a fuck if
His points are more effortless). Durant will improve, just like Lebron has.  As of now, though, Bron effects more parts of the game positively for hi team, and that isn't even CLOSE.

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
« Reply #2150 on: August 25, 2012, 08:17:37 AM »
Deron Williams and Coach K said it best this summer: best 2 way player in the league that plays 1-5, on both defense and offense

Sccit

« Reply #2151 on: August 25, 2012, 12:57:05 PM »
I try not to get Involved in these debates anymore...it's like a hamster on a wheel.

Three things:

1) NIK is embarrassing himself(just because something is your personal opinion does not make it valid...only in your own mind do you get respect like that)

2) M Dogg is offering intelligent observations and insight, and is less biased than every poster here(including myself).

3) Durant is a GREAT player...but the thing he does best, he barely does better than Lebron (who gives a fuck if
His points are more effortless). Durant will improve, just like Lebron has.  As of now, though, Bron effects more parts of the game positively for hi team, and that isn't even CLOSE.

lol...whats more embarassing, saying there's a debate between lebron-durant, or suckin off lebron so hard to the point where ur acting like theres no one in his league? teecee, ur a joke of a poster, brodie. u come around every once in a while 2 say something dumb about me, and usually, i'm makin legit arguments, but ur so used 2 suckin my nuts that u always start ur post with some senseless dicklickin comment, such as "NIK is embarrassing".....bro, nothin i said was off the wall or "embarrassing"...my claim is that lebron and durant are on the same level. if u wanna debate that, fine, but quit soundin like a lil bitch, son.

teecee

« Reply #2152 on: August 25, 2012, 06:48:20 PM »
NIKCC, I stay away and dont post much mainly cuz it's the same moronic shit from you and has been for years. 

Been on the board since 99 or 2000, and never had beef with one other member man, so calling me a "joke of a poster" is off base man

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #2153 on: August 25, 2012, 07:29:57 PM »
NIKCC, I stay away and dont post much mainly cuz it's the same moronic shit from you and has been for years. 

Been on the board since 99 or 2000, and never had beef with one other member man, so calling me a "joke of a poster" is off base man

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #2154 on: August 25, 2012, 07:33:16 PM »
how can you hate on Teecee NIK?  he was posting here b4 u!

Sccit

« Reply #2155 on: August 25, 2012, 07:41:01 PM »

i dont give a fuck, u dumb muthafucka. i said durant and lebron are on the same level, as do many other analysts, fans, broadcasters, etc. it aint something off the wall...u coming at me incorrect because u dont agree with me is pathetic on your behalf, whether uv been postin here since 1999 or 1989, the year dont matter (lol, this board only opened in 2001, ya dumbshit)...nothing i said was "embarrassing", yet you ran up in this thread like ya shit dont stink and got slapped down. if u have nothing 2 say about the topic at hand, then dont say nothing. continue staying away and not posting much...seems like the only logical thing 2 do for u, at this point.

teecee

« Reply #2156 on: August 26, 2012, 11:48:02 AM »

i dont give a fuck, u dumb muthafucka. i said durant and lebron are on the same level, as do many other analysts, fans, broadcasters, etc. it aint something off the wall...u coming at me incorrect because u dont agree with me is pathetic on your behalf, whether uv been postin here since 1999 or 1989, the year dont matter (lol, this board only opened in 2001, ya dumbshit)...nothing i said was "embarrassing", yet you ran up in this thread like ya shit dont stink and got slapped down. if u have nothing 2 say about the topic at hand, then dont say nothing. continue staying away and not posting much...seems like the only logical thing 2 do for u, at this point.
[/

At least you've found how to turn off the CAPS LOCK. 

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #2157 on: August 26, 2012, 11:58:43 AM »
it'd be hard pressed to find someone who says Durant is better than Lebron after that finals series

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #2158 on: August 26, 2012, 03:33:39 PM »
LOL @ NIK saying "Kobe lost in '08 but was still the best player" when he fought for literal decades that "rings = everything".

LeBron wins a ring & it's no big deal anymore, it's all "Well it's obvious just by watching that.... >>>> LeBron".

Durant can shoot better, that's about where the comparisons stop in Durant's favor.

Sccit

« Reply #2159 on: August 26, 2012, 04:17:50 PM »
LOL @ NIK saying "Kobe lost in '08 but was still the best player" when he fought for literal decades that "rings = everything".

LeBron wins a ring & it's no big deal anymore, it's all "Well it's obvious just by watching that.... >>>> LeBron".

Durant can shoot better, that's about where the comparisons stop in Durant's favor.

rings mean everything. if lebron woulda ended his career with 0 rings, he woulda been the biggest failure in sports history. but winning 1 ring still doesnt put u amongst the GOAT's. Durant and LeBron are still in the same category as far as ranking goes. if their careers ended today, lebron would have the better legacy, of course. but as far as talent goes, they're neck and neck.