Author Topic: Official Miami Heat thread  (Read 155591 times)

Hack Wilson - real

Re: Official Miami Heat thread
« Reply #2160 on: August 26, 2012, 04:53:42 PM »
NIK is Jerry West over rated then?

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #2161 on: August 26, 2012, 05:17:46 PM »
West won a ring.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #2162 on: August 26, 2012, 07:58:23 PM »
West won a ring.

yes.  A ring.

same as Lebron ;)

Sccit

« Reply #2163 on: August 26, 2012, 10:28:26 PM »

the reason west isnt as glorified as magic, bird, kobe, mj etc. is because he only won 1 ring.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #2164 on: August 27, 2012, 01:08:03 AM »
LOL @ NIK saying "Kobe lost in '08 but was still the best player" when he fought for literal decades that "rings = everything".

LeBron wins a ring & it's no big deal anymore, it's all "Well it's obvious just by watching that.... >>>> LeBron".

Durant can shoot better, that's about where the comparisons stop in Durant's favor.

rings mean everything. if lebron woulda ended his career with 0 rings, he woulda been the biggest failure in sports history. but winning 1 ring still doesnt put u amongst the GOAT's. Durant and LeBron are still in the same category as far as ranking goes. if their careers ended today, lebron would have the better legacy, of course. but as far as talent goes, they're neck and neck.

LOL, you're a sad troll, my man.

Stop playin', kid. I already said it, "Durant can shoot better, that's about where the comparisons stop in Durant's favor".

I'll say this right now without hesitation. Kobe in his absolute prime ain't that much better than Durant is right now. Durant's a better pure shooter & plays with a guy who fucks up his game rather than compliments it. Kobe played with the best big man since Wilt Chamberlain & then in a DEAD league outside of Boston who you wouldn't even have beaten a second time if Perkins played.

Fuck a legacy, talent is the only true discussion. That's like saying Dr. Dre is a better rapper than Tech N9ne because Dre has more of a legacy, yet we all know Dre can't rap like that.

Sccit

« Reply #2165 on: August 27, 2012, 01:10:39 AM »
Kobe in his absolute prime ain't that much better than Durant is right now.

lmao...then u say durant aint on lebron's level. despicable.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #2166 on: August 27, 2012, 08:15:30 AM »
LOL @ NIK saying "Kobe lost in '08 but was still the best player" when he fought for literal decades that "rings = everything".

LeBron wins a ring & it's no big deal anymore, it's all "Well it's obvious just by watching that.... >>>> LeBron".

Durant can shoot better, that's about where the comparisons stop in Durant's favor.

rings mean everything. if lebron woulda ended his career with 0 rings, he woulda been the biggest failure in sports history. but winning 1 ring still doesnt put u amongst the GOAT's. Durant and LeBron are still in the same category as far as ranking goes. if their careers ended today, lebron would have the better legacy, of course. but as far as talent goes, they're neck and neck.

LOL, you're a sad troll, my man.

Stop playin', kid. I already said it, "Durant can shoot better, that's about where the comparisons stop in Durant's favor".

I'll say this right now without hesitation. Kobe in his absolute prime ain't that much better than Durant is right now. Durant's a better pure shooter & plays with a guy who fucks up his game rather than compliments it. Kobe played with the best big man since Wilt Chamberlain & then in a DEAD league outside of Boston who you wouldn't even have beaten a second time if Perkins played.

Fuck a legacy, talent is the only true discussion. That's like saying Dr. Dre is a better rapper than Tech N9ne because Dre has more of a legacy, yet we all know Dre can't rap like that.

There I'd have to disagree. Kobe showed what can happen in his absolute prime with no help. He scores 81 points and the sad part is LA needed all 81 to win. Kobe was the most complete scorer since MJ, and is in the top 5 scorers of all time. The only scorers that were better were Wilt, Kareem and MJ... and you can argue Elgin Baylor. Durant is NOT on that level., not even close. Kobe is the only player outside of Michael Jordan to average 35 ppg since Rick Berry in 1967! Think of that, since 1967 only 2 players have averaged 35 ppg, Kobe Bryant and Michael Jordan. That's it, there is no rest. Not even Kareen who at best averaged 34.8 ppg. Kobe was in his absolute prime starting in 2002-2003, where he averaged 30 ppg regular season WITH SHAQ, and 32.1 ppg WITH SHAQ in the playoffs, and he was the leading scorer of the Lakers in 2003 and 2004 with Shaq, Malone and Payton. Kobe in his absolute prime was head and shoulders above Durant, lets not get it twisted.

Here is why you can argue LeBron but not Durant. LeBron is a different player. He's a throwback to the 1980's stars, they dominate all aspects of the game. Kobe and MJ were different, they were highly skilled scorers, there has not been players like them that have been as good. I mean you get great scorers like Nate Archibald, Pete Maravich, Allen Iverson, Tracy McGrady, Dominique Wilkins. These are all great players, but they were no where near Kobe or MJ levels in terms of intensity and just flat out skill. Kobe and Michael are like Nas and Rakim if you are comparing rappers to ballers. They are the ones that were so skilled that everyone tried to compare their games to them. Durant without a championship will join that Iverson, McGrady, Wilkins crowd, great players but no rings.

LeBron joins the Magic, Dr. J, Jerry West, Larry Bird crowd right now. These are icons of the games, they define their generations as much as Kobe or MJ, but they are not the skilled scores that MJ and Kobe. But in many ways they cover more of the game than Kobe and MJ, as they focused on passing, they focused on rebounds and they changed any game they were in. Imagine if West has a 3 point-line in the 60's, you can bet he scores way more points. Even with one ring LeBron joins these players (hell West and Dr. J only have one ring).

Durant's career is not written yet, and LeBron's book is only starting, well at least the good part. As I've stressed, lets just sit back and enjoy the show. Barring injury, both should be really good.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2167 on: August 27, 2012, 08:39:59 AM »
M Dogg is spitting pure knowledge. Props

Sccit

« Reply #2168 on: August 27, 2012, 12:32:46 PM »

only thing i disagree with is that lebron, after one ring, is in the same class as magic, bird, mj, etc....lets not forget, this is the same lebron who choked and let his team down countless times. so for that 1 ring, theres about 4-5 failures and epic chokejobs to go along with it. it'll take more than 1 ring to erase all those meltdowns.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #2169 on: August 27, 2012, 12:51:53 PM »

only thing i disagree with is that lebron, after one ring, is in the same class as magic, bird, mj, etc....lets not forget, this is the same lebron who choked and let his team down countless times. so for that 1 ring, theres about 4-5 failures and epic chokejobs to go along with it. it'll take more than 1 ring to erase all those meltdowns.

With the exception of MJ, it happens to the best.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/YQ1bd2g3p1Y?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/YQ1bd2g3p1Y?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0</a>

With players in LeBron's level, it seems to happen more because they depend on their teammates to make plays as well. LeBron is a different kind of player. Once you realize you can't compare him to MJ or Kobe, you'll realize him for what he is. He's the most physically dominating player in the history of the game, and someone who "makes the right play." And for years, "making the right play" cost him, it cost him big. The one area that troubles me with LeBron is that it sometimes seemed like he quit. When his back was against the wall, he quit. But he was also younger than everyone else doing what he was doing. He was no developed mentally for it, and I almost felt skipping college would damage his career to the point that he may never win a ring. Skipping college as so hurtful to LeBron that his first 5-6 years he was a man child on the court expecting to play like a man. By 2008/2009 when people expected him to deliver, he didn't know how. And I thought he'd never learn.

Some players need college, and a talent like LeBron needed college. The NBA is a produce now league, and had LeBron went to college he'd have had time to grow him game, he'd have had a coach like Coach K who'd have found his strengths and make that who he is. I feel like Mike Brown right now is barely learning how to coach in the NBA, and he's been the head coach of LeBron for 7 years. LeBron's worst mistake is not going to college. A player like KG is different, you know their game, he knows his game, same with Kobe, or Tracy McGrady, or Tyson Chandler, or Dwight Howard. LeBron didn't know his game yet, everyone just knew he was big, he was fast and he was strong. He's a different animal, but the same beast as everyone else. The problem was, no one knew how to coach him, at least until he got to Pat Riley's system. Eric Spoelstra is a Pat Riley disciple, and Riley is calling the shots in Miami. Do you think that LeBron finally put it all together this year on his own? No, he's in Pat Riley's house and Riley coached Magic, he coached Ewing, Shaq, Wade. Riley knows what he is doing and he can get the best out of talent. LeBron is in the best place for him. And sadly, this will get him a few more NBA titles, but I don't see more than 4. At least not with the Heat built as is, as Wade is on the down hill slide of his career, and Bosh is always rumored to be traded. Still, it will be a fun ride.

Sccit

« Reply #2170 on: August 27, 2012, 01:22:44 PM »

With the exception of MJ, it happens to the best.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/YQ1bd2g3p1Y?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/YQ1bd2g3p1Y?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0</a>

With players in LeBron's level, it seems to happen more because they depend on their teammates to make plays as well. LeBron is a different kind of player. Once you realize you can't compare him to MJ or Kobe, you'll realize him for what he is. He's the most physically dominating player in the history of the game, and someone who "makes the right play." And for years, "making the right play" cost him, it cost him big. The one area that troubles me with LeBron is that it sometimes seemed like he quit. When his back was against the wall, he quit. But he was also younger than everyone else doing what he was doing. He was no developed mentally for it, and I almost felt skipping college would damage his career to the point that he may never win a ring. Skipping college as so hurtful to LeBron that his first 5-6 years he was a man child on the court expecting to play like a man. By 2008/2009 when people expected him to deliver, he didn't know how. And I thought he'd never learn.

Some players need college, and a talent like LeBron needed college. The NBA is a produce now league, and had LeBron went to college he'd have had time to grow him game, he'd have had a coach like Coach K who'd have found his strengths and make that who he is. I feel like Mike Brown right now is barely learning how to coach in the NBA, and he's been the head coach of LeBron for 7 years. LeBron's worst mistake is not going to college. A player like KG is different, you know their game, he knows his game, same with Kobe, or Tracy McGrady, or Tyson Chandler, or Dwight Howard. LeBron didn't know his game yet, everyone just knew he was big, he was fast and he was strong. He's a different animal, but the same beast as everyone else. The problem was, no one knew how to coach him, at least until he got to Pat Riley's system. Eric Spoelstra is a Pat Riley disciple, and Riley is calling the shots in Miami. Do you think that LeBron finally put it all together this year on his own? No, he's in Pat Riley's house and Riley coached Magic, he coached Ewing, Shaq, Wade. Riley knows what he is doing and he can get the best out of talent. LeBron is in the best place for him. And sadly, this will get him a few more NBA titles, but I don't see more than 4. At least not with the Heat built as is, as Wade is on the down hill slide of his career, and Bosh is always rumored to be traded. Still, it will be a fun ride.

Magic has more championships than he does chokejobs...if he had 5 chokejobs and 1 ring, i would also place him in the same category as lebron currently is.

Sccit

« Reply #2171 on: August 27, 2012, 01:27:00 PM »
He's the most physically dominating player in the history of the game

*cough* Shaq *cough*

PLANT

« Reply #2172 on: August 27, 2012, 05:43:32 PM »
Is it fair to say LeBron went much further with shitty teams than Kobe did when he didnt have a supporting cast?

Sccit

« Reply #2173 on: August 27, 2012, 06:09:41 PM »
^nope...those LeBron teams were always amongst the best and the league and sometimes even picked to win it all. the Kobe teams with Smuh-Luke-Kwame werent even expected 2 make the playoffs. The difference is that LeBron failed his team, while Kobe's team failed him. pretty much night and day.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #2174 on: August 28, 2012, 12:50:16 AM »
Is it fair to say LeBron went much further with shitty teams than Kobe did when he didnt have a supporting cast?

Fair to say? It's a bonafide fact lmao. This nigga above me is saying Smush Parker like Daniel Gibson was an all-star. His teams were the best in the league & picked to win it all because LeBron was on the team.

But in the playoffs, you need a reliable second man to score & he didn't have that. They basically dared his supporting cast to step up & future Hall of Famer Big Z couldn't answer the call.

As for M Dogg speaking on Durant now to Kobe in his prime...Kobe was known to be a ballhog with the teams he beat the Celtics with...imagine how much worse it was when he had no one there? He scored 35 because he was all alone. Did anybody on that team even score close to 15 ppg? Take Westbrook out of the equation, shooting way more shots than KD & controlling the ball & KD could easily put up 35. Despite Westbrook stealing so many shots from him, along with Harden, Durant still managed to lead the league in scoring lol.

I'll give Kobe being better at creating a shot, but Durant just shoots over niggas.