Author Topic: Official Miami Heat thread  (Read 155398 times)

Sccit

Re: Official Miami Heat thread
« Reply #2220 on: September 24, 2012, 03:13:01 PM »
to be real, when i read that u said "his the most physically dominating player I had ever seen in 2012" i took a step back and realized what i was up against

Awww... you knew the context... but of course I can never compare to the thought provoking post you have, which consist of you ranting and raving about anything and everything, and switching arguments to back your claim. After all, I got you to post positively about Shaq...

i only speak the real, mdoggydogg....i'm not a brainwashable individual. i never denied shaq's greatness as a player...ever.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #2221 on: September 24, 2012, 06:17:56 PM »
this is Ron Artest in the off season:

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #2222 on: September 29, 2012, 04:16:41 PM »
i heard D-Wade might not be ready for the regular season opener

same with that softy Lewis

Hack Wilson - real

Sccit

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #2225 on: October 03, 2012, 10:33:36 AM »
Magic Johnson says the Heat are favorites

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2012/10/magic-johnson-considers-miami-heat-the-favorite-to-win-nba-championship/

magic stay sayin dumbass shit

No, Magic says shit to get his team fired up. The last thing Magic wants is for his team to come into training camp overconfident. Plus it's not that far off to put the Heat as favorites, they have LeBron in his prime, they are the defending NBA champions and they added Ray Allen. Until the Lakers prove they can play together, you have to make Miami the favorite to win.

With that said, Once the season starts and Lakers take to the court, it's a new conversation. It's up to the Lakers and Heat to drive how that conversation goes.

Sccit

« Reply #2226 on: October 03, 2012, 12:31:37 PM »
Magic Johnson says the Heat are favorites

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2012/10/magic-johnson-considers-miami-heat-the-favorite-to-win-nba-championship/

magic stay sayin dumbass shit

No, Magic says shit to get his team fired up. The last thing Magic wants is for his team to come into training camp overconfident. Plus it's not that far off to put the Heat as favorites, they have LeBron in his prime, they are the defending NBA champions and they added Ray Allen. Until the Lakers prove they can play together, you have to make Miami the favorite to win.

With that said, Once the season starts and Lakers take to the court, it's a new conversation. It's up to the Lakers and Heat to drive how that conversation goes.

naah, i think Magic is lowkey jealous of Kobe/the Lakers. he always talks shit and makes bitter backhanded comments, as if to say Lakers arent THAT good and all that other shit.....it's either that, or the networks are payin him 2 say these things, cuz he's usually overly critcal of the Lakers and says shit to spite them on a consistent basis. James Worthy and Michael Cooper are loyal Lakers at heart who do it right. I think Magic is loyal to the P&G too, but something about Kobe being the greatest Laker of all time is still botherin him deep down inside.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #2227 on: October 03, 2012, 12:52:44 PM »
Part of me agrees with NIK. Magic always has something negative to say about the Lakers. I'd say close to 99% of superstars in the history of sports have an ego. It's just natural. I think for Magic to be as great as he was & then have to sit there & admit Kobe is probably always going to be viewed as the better Laker is too much for him.

But part of feels like Magic just acknowledging the absolute greatness of LeBron James. LeBron is the only player he ever really talks about in a higher regard than he does Kobe.

Sccit

« Reply #2228 on: October 03, 2012, 12:58:52 PM »
Part of me agrees with NIK. Magic always has something negative to say about the Lakers. I'd say close to 99% of superstars in the history of sports have an ego. It's just natural. I think for Magic to be as great as he was & then have to sit there & admit Kobe is probably always going to be viewed as the better Laker is too much for him.

But part of feels like Magic just acknowledging the absolute greatness of LeBron James. LeBron is the only player he ever really talks about in a higher regard than he does Kobe.

lets not take it TOO far

MAGIC JOHNSON: KOBE'S BETTER THAN LEBRON

“Everybody’s always asking, ‘Who is better between Kobe (Bryant) and LeBron?’” Johnson said. “I’m like, Are you kidding me? I’m like you’re kidding me … Kobe, five championships; LeBron, zero. I love the young man though. I know he’s going to get better in the fourth quarter this year.”

HoopsVibe’s Very Quick Call: He speaks the truth.

Magic Johnson isn’t hating on LeBron James by saying that the Miami Heat three-man can’t compare with Los Angeles Lakers superstar Kobe Bryant.

Magic’s reasoning is fair: Bryant has five championships, while James has none.

After all, championships have long been the mark of greatness in the NBA. Superstars, the real elites, measure themselves by the number of times they hoist the Larry O’Brien trophy in June and not individual statistics.

Johnson was simply holding James accountable to this criteria. To be fair, James is currently superior to Bryant, but has yet to enjoy true post-season success.

Until James does, he’s not in the same company as Bryant.

http://www.hoopsvibe.com/nba-news-and-rumors/articles/168262-magic-johnson-kobes-better-than-lebron

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2229 on: October 03, 2012, 02:09:37 PM »
That article was written before last season. You'd have to be pretty dumb to say you'd rather have Kobe than LeBron for the past two seasons.

To be fair, James is currently superior to Bryant, but has yet to enjoy true post-season success.

Magic answered the question like it was like "Whose had the better career, Magic?". Obviously Kobe. Especially LeBron coming off that Dallas series. But the fact the question was even asked in a career-wise way when LeBron had zero rings, coming off blowing it in the Finals & Kobe just finished making it to the Finals another three years in a row just goes to show how absurdly talented LeBron is.

It's kinda like how you never hear "Whose a better rapper? Lil' B or Tupac?" It's always Biggie & Tupac. You have to be in one's company for the question to be posed.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 02:15:53 PM by Chamillitary Click »

Sccit

« Reply #2230 on: October 03, 2012, 04:46:58 PM »
i duno what u gettin at, but kobe is obviously better career-wise LOL

the question was who was better at the time, and that was in 2011.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2231 on: October 03, 2012, 05:09:54 PM »

To be fair, James is currently superior to Bryant, but has yet to enjoy true post-season success.

Sccit

« Reply #2233 on: October 03, 2012, 06:20:12 PM »

thats the words of hoopsvibe, not magic

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #2234 on: October 03, 2012, 06:22:38 PM »
hoopsvibe is smart before that post season remark