Author Topic: Official Miami Heat thread  (Read 155411 times)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Official Miami Heat thread
« Reply #2730 on: May 31, 2013, 08:26:23 AM »
Great series so far. But yeah Heat definitely aren't the same as they were last year, Lebron is carrying them to the finals. Unless they make some major roster moves, I don't see them winning next year. We'll see.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #2731 on: May 31, 2013, 08:57:51 AM »
Great series so far. But yeah Heat definitely aren't the same as they were last year, Lebron is carrying them to the finals. Unless they make some major roster moves, I don't see them winning next year. We'll see.

But this is why 3 peating is so hard. Remember the Heat have been in the Finals 2 years in a row (even though they lost the first year). Like Phil Jackson's last year, the Lakers were looking to go 4 years in a row, and they couldn't make it. This year the Heat are showing all the miles they've gained the last 3 seasons and I don't see them making it next year. With LeBron, something's got to give, Wade is breaking down, Bosh isn't looking so hot Birdman and Battier are both really old and really, besides LeBron, only Chalmers is in his prime. It's hard going to the finals 3 years in a row, next year the Heat will find out why no team since the Showtime Lakers have been to the Finals 4 years in a row.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #2732 on: May 31, 2013, 10:43:18 AM »
anyone else pissed that the NBA finals won't start until Thursday?  so if Miami wins Saturday then we have sunday to thursday night before we get more NBA

the old guys on the Spurs and D-wade are both gonna enjoy that layoff though

Sccit

« Reply #2733 on: May 31, 2013, 10:45:47 AM »
also Lebron passed Wilt and Elgin on the all time playoff scoring list today

Not that big of a deal since the playoffs have more games and rounds than they did then. Still, LeBron had a great game. The rest of the Heat... meh.

lebron passed them in less playoff games

wilt: 160
baylor: 134
lebron: 129

Well I'll be. Funny, Chamberlain was a regular season beast, but I did not know he SUCKED in the playoffs.

As for Baylor, after 6 years he had that knee surgery and didn't do what he could. Never knew Jerry West was such a beast in the playoffs, wow!

Still, from what I saw, Heat sucked yesterday and LeBron carried that team.

This year, Heat win because LeBron is too good, next year the Heat wouldn't make it to the Finals because the Heat are breaking down.

lol@wilt sucking in the playoffs......this guy averaged 23 points and 25 rebounds in post-season games, and most those games came when he was out his prime. smfh, how many other players have averaged 20-20+ in the playoffs for their entire career.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #2734 on: May 31, 2013, 01:28:25 PM »
2013 Playoff Points
1.   LeBron James-MIA   358
2.   Carmelo Anthony-NYK   346
3.   Kevin Durant-OKC   339
4.   Paul George-IND   330
5.   Tony Parker-SAS   322
6.   Roy Hibbert-IND   281
    Stephen Curry-GSW   281
8.   David West-IND   277
9.   Zach Randolph-MEM   261
10.   Marc Gasol-MEM   258

King James takes his thrown at the #1 spot

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2735 on: May 31, 2013, 02:01:05 PM »

Not that big of a deal since the playoffs have more games and rounds than they did then. Still, LeBron had a great game. The rest of the Heat... meh.

Well I'll be. Funny, Chamberlain was a regular season beast, but I did not know he SUCKED in the playoffs.

As for Baylor, after 6 years he had that knee surgery and didn't do what he could. Never knew Jerry West was such a beast in the playoffs, wow!

This year, Heat win because LeBron is too good, next year the Heat wouldn't make it to the Finals because the Heat are breaking down.

lol@wilt sucking in the playoffs......this guy averaged 23 points and 25 rebounds in post-season games, and most those games came when he was out his prime. smfh, how many other players have averaged 20-20+ in the playoffs for their entire career.

Compared to averaging 30-50ppg though, he dropped off every year. Players like Jordan or Kobe's averages improved in the playoffs. Not saying he sucked, but he was not as productive in the post season as the regular season. Of course not as productive is relative, he went from 50ppg one year, to 35ppg, or 34.7ppg to 29.3ppg. Rebounding went up and assist were about the same. But at the end of the day, points took a drop. Might be free throws, it looks like free throws went down in the regular season, without watching film other than the 1969 Finals, might be more fouls, or the fact that he spent most of his time in the east and had to play Bill Russell more. Not sure.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #2736 on: May 31, 2013, 02:10:59 PM »
the year Wilt averaged 50 PPG in the regular season he played 12 playoff games and averaged 35

that is a significant drop off and if anyone tries to argue otherwise they are wrong.  Shows what playing against Bill Russell can do to you.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #2737 on: May 31, 2013, 02:54:31 PM »
2013 Playoff Points Per Game
1.   Kevin Durant-OKC   30.8
2.   Carmelo Anthony-NYK   28.8
3.   James Harden-HOU   26.3
4.   LeBron James-MIA   25.6
5.   Stephen Curry-GSW   23.4
6.   Tony Parker-SAS   23.0
7.   Chris Paul-LAC   22.8
8.   Brook Lopez-BRK   22.3
9.   Ty Lawson-DEN   21.3
10.   Deron Williams-BRK   20.6

where's D-wade and Chris Bosh?  I thought they were "franchise players"  ;D

Sccit

« Reply #2738 on: May 31, 2013, 04:45:20 PM »

Compared to averaging 30-50ppg though, he dropped off every year. Players like Jordan or Kobe's averages improved in the playoffs. Not saying he sucked, but he was not as productive in the post season as the regular season. Of course not as productive is relative, he went from 50ppg one year, to 35ppg, or 34.7ppg to 29.3ppg. Rebounding went up and assist were about the same. But at the end of the day, points took a drop. Might be free throws, it looks like free throws went down in the regular season, without watching film other than the 1969 Finals, might be more fouls, or the fact that he spent most of his time in the east and had to play Bill Russell more. Not sure.

competition used to tighten drastically in the playoffs back in those days. to say he sucked in the playoffs is still insane, tho

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2739 on: May 31, 2013, 07:17:06 PM »
Sucked was not the best word, but I meant it as a relative comparison. Most great player's production went up in the playoffs, including Jerry West who played in that era. Wilt though had many series against the Celtics and had to get past Russell. Going against Russell would hurt Chamberlain in the long run.

I wish Baylor had modern sports medicine in his era. Baylor only had 6-8 really prime years. Once knee injuries hit, he was never the same. Baylor was the man, and we never saw what he could have done back then. Imagine if Baylor could have had the knee regeneration treatment that Kobe had, instead of surgery that actually removed part of his knee cap. LeBron has already had more prime years than Baylor, so passing Baylor doesn't surprise me as much.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #2740 on: May 31, 2013, 07:29:09 PM »
yeah nobody here is trying to make it sound like Wilt was putting up Tyson Chandler numbers in the playoffs

but compared to his 50 PPG regular season average, only putting up only 35 a game in 12 playoff games is highly disappointing.  i mean that's less than 75% of his points in the playoffs aka when shit really matters.  Again I am not saying that scoring 35 a game is weak in any way of course...just comparing 35 in the playoffs to scoring 50 in the reg season.  15 PPG is a huge dropoff.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #2741 on: May 31, 2013, 08:30:47 PM »
so who else besides me thinks that both Bosh and Lebron leave Miami after next year??

i predict Lebron goes to the Knicks to play with Melo  (just as Amare's huge contract expires)

I wouldn't be surprised one bit if Bosh follows him

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2742 on: May 31, 2013, 10:09:46 PM »
yeah nobody here is trying to make it sound like Wilt was putting up Tyson Chandler numbers in the playoffs

but compared to his 50 PPG regular season average, only putting up only 35 a game in 12 playoff games is highly disappointing.  i mean that's less than 75% of his points in the playoffs aka when shit really matters.  Again I am not saying that scoring 35 a game is weak in any way of course...just comparing 35 in the playoffs to scoring 50 in the reg season.  15 PPG is a huge dropoff.

I agree with you.

so who else besides me thinks that both Bosh and Lebron leave Miami after next year??

i predict Lebron goes to the Knicks to play with Melo  (just as Amare's huge contract expires)

I wouldn't be surprised one bit if Bosh follows him

Not sure if that's going to happen. I can see LeBron leaving, Miami will be a sinking ship at the end of next year. But then again he already has loyalty issues with the fans. I think Bosh leaves for sure though.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #2743 on: May 31, 2013, 10:29:10 PM »
Bron back to Cleveland.

Sccit

« Reply #2744 on: June 01, 2013, 12:07:51 AM »
Bron back to Cleveland.

no chance in hell