Author Topic: Official Miami Heat thread  (Read 160773 times)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Official Miami Heat thread
« Reply #2955 on: June 12, 2013, 03:28:18 AM »
Not to mention that last year or maybe even 2 years ago, we had numerous conversation about how sometimes Kobe sucked for the first 3 quarters but then stepped it up in the 4th, thus making him a fighter, a winner and basically doing everything he can for his team to win. I agreed with you on that.

But your logic can't be:

Kobe suck for first 3 quarters but steps it up in the 4th= winners mentality, clutch
Lebron sucks for the first 3 quarters but steps it up in the 4th= he got carried by his team

It doesn't work that way and you know it.

the difference=lebron only plays good with confidence. kobe simply conserves his game for the 4th to strike when his teammates need it. lebron was only able to play loose when miami took the lead. i was watchin that shit on aderall lol, trust me.

You can't project your own personal fucking opinion as a fact. You can't. You're always talking in absolutes.

how is it an opinion? u really dont see the difference between kobe and lebron? i expect idiots like mdogg not to get it, and lebron fanatics like cham and hack...but come on, now. u cannot sit here and tell me u dont see the difference between kobe's drive, lebron's drive and their tendency to step up in big moments vs. freeze up.....come on, meho. i respect ur opinions, but the shit really couldn't be any more obvious, and the trend continues after watching the past 2 heat vs spurs games.

Like I've said couple of weeks ago in this (or maybe some other) thread that the difference was obvious prior to Lebron winning his first ring. Now that he has that, you can see it killed a huge psychological block he had. Sure, he still shows tendency from time to time, mainly because he's new at it (taking charge when it matters the most). But he keeps getting better at it every game.

dunno if u watched the last 2 heat-spurs games, but he took a major step back at it, once again...and if heat lose the finals, how am i wrong? if kobe scored under 20 points in the first 2 games of a finals series he'd be crucified, and u know it.

I did. I see nothing wrong with his play, he may have not been as effective scoring wise but he did great making up for it in other areas, which is what he's supposed to do. But today, he was shitty as it gets. Everybody could see it. Now, if he doesn't pick it up and has 2 more terrible games and loose the series, you've got a case. But if he picks it up, it's just normal ups and downs players have in the finals. Look at how shitty Parker and Duncan were previous game. Duncan stepped it up today, and Parker had a bad game again but he got injured so he gets a pass.

Mietek23

« Reply #2956 on: June 12, 2013, 04:36:04 AM »
Spurs looked really good last night, they really can win this one - Miami needs to step their game up, specially LeBron and Wayde. Game 4 is going to be exciting 8)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #2957 on: June 12, 2013, 08:33:34 AM »
Fell asleep during the game (either I'm getting old, or work is too busy, or both) but man, the Heat sucked it up. I still say they'd win in 7, but not if they play like the did in Indiana. Well they are playing worst than they did in Indiana and it looks like Duncan might retire a winner. LeBron is shrinking and making last year look like just a flash. He better pick it up, because the Heat are not going to make it to the Finals next year.

Sccit

« Reply #2958 on: June 12, 2013, 10:08:30 AM »
Not to mention that last year or maybe even 2 years ago, we had numerous conversation about how sometimes Kobe sucked for the first 3 quarters but then stepped it up in the 4th, thus making him a fighter, a winner and basically doing everything he can for his team to win. I agreed with you on that.

But your logic can't be:

Kobe suck for first 3 quarters but steps it up in the 4th= winners mentality, clutch
Lebron sucks for the first 3 quarters but steps it up in the 4th= he got carried by his team

It doesn't work that way and you know it.

the difference=lebron only plays good with confidence. kobe simply conserves his game for the 4th to strike when his teammates need it. lebron was only able to play loose when miami took the lead. i was watchin that shit on aderall lol, trust me.

You can't project your own personal fucking opinion as a fact. You can't. You're always talking in absolutes.

how is it an opinion? u really dont see the difference between kobe and lebron? i expect idiots like mdogg not to get it, and lebron fanatics like cham and hack...but come on, now. u cannot sit here and tell me u dont see the difference between kobe's drive, lebron's drive and their tendency to step up in big moments vs. freeze up.....come on, meho. i respect ur opinions, but the shit really couldn't be any more obvious, and the trend continues after watching the past 2 heat vs spurs games.

Like I've said couple of weeks ago in this (or maybe some other) thread that the difference was obvious prior to Lebron winning his first ring. Now that he has that, you can see it killed a huge psychological block he had. Sure, he still shows tendency from time to time, mainly because he's new at it (taking charge when it matters the most). But he keeps getting better at it every game.

dunno if u watched the last 2 heat-spurs games, but he took a major step back at it, once again...and if heat lose the finals, how am i wrong? if kobe scored under 20 points in the first 2 games of a finals series he'd be crucified, and u know it.

I did. I see nothing wrong with his play, he may have not been as effective scoring wise but he did great making up for it in other areas, which is what he's supposed to do. But today, he was shitty as it gets. Everybody could see it. Now, if he doesn't pick it up and has 2 more terrible games and loose the series, you've got a case. But if he picks it up, it's just normal ups and downs players have in the finals. Look at how shitty Parker and Duncan were previous game. Duncan stepped it up today, and Parker had a bad game again but he got injured so he gets a pass.

3 consecutive games in the finals with under 20 points wheb u average 27 is not normal bro lol

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2959 on: June 12, 2013, 10:35:23 AM »
Like I've said, he adapted in 2 games out of 3 by providing in other areas. He has to turn it around though. If Miami loose and Lebron continues playing like he has so far, people might start to look at his title as a fluke. We'll see.

Great article on James http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2013/06/12/film-study-spurs-dare-james-to-shoot-and-he-does-it-poorly/?ls=iref:nbahpt6d
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 12:11:11 PM by Meho »

teecee

« Reply #2960 on: June 12, 2013, 10:49:21 AM »
No excuses for James. He's been pathetic. Wade and bosh have been even worse...

Sccit

« Reply #2961 on: June 12, 2013, 10:50:47 AM »
Like I've said, he attapted in 2 games out of 3 by providing in other areas. He has to turn it around though. If Miami loose and Lebron continues playing like he has so far, people might start to look at his title as a fluke. We'll see.

Great article on James http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2013/06/12/film-study-spurs-dare-james-to-shoot-and-he-does-it-poorly/?ls=iref:nbahpt6d

game 2 was actually just as bad as game 3 for him...his teammates simply did a better job of carrying him in that one. game 1, i guess u can give him a pass for the triple double...but still, it doesnt exactly take a genius to see somethin is up.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2962 on: June 12, 2013, 12:12:46 PM »
Like I've said, he attapted in 2 games out of 3 by providing in other areas. He has to turn it around though. If Miami loose and Lebron continues playing like he has so far, people might start to look at his title as a fluke. We'll see.

That's a good article. That's why I always say he doesn't have the game to carry him into his 30's. Right now, LeBron is so physically dominate that it doesn't matter. But the Spurs defense is exposing LeBron's weak jump shot, and the Heat, as I've said throughout this playoffs, look to be depleting. It could be a perfect storm. LeBron may go down like Hakeem, people will remember a great player but he only won because Jordan left. With LeBron, he might be remembered as "that guy" inbetween Kobe and Durant.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2963 on: June 12, 2013, 12:14:28 PM »
Game 2 he was 17-8-7-3-3..I wouldn't call that a bad game at all. Just a poor shooting night that was made up for in other areas. And most importantly it helped his team to win and that block was a huge psychological turnaround in the game. But if that shooting troubles continue in the next games....it's all on him to show what he's made of.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #2964 on: June 12, 2013, 12:26:19 PM »
does anyone here think Bosh is back next year?  championship or not?  he's soft as toilet tissue

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2965 on: June 12, 2013, 12:31:37 PM »
does anyone here think Bosh is back next year?  championship or not?  he's soft as toilet tissue

Bosh is back, but if the Heat are smart then they'd get a new center. Bosh is at the center position, which is unnatural for him. He's a European PF (style wise I mean) and he needs to be next to a bruiser to be effective. Battier was a good fit to be next to him, but he is wearing down and getting older. Right now, the Heat's most effective player inside is Chris Anderson, and that's not a good thing, that's a very bad thing.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #2966 on: June 12, 2013, 12:33:57 PM »

Bosh is back, but if the Heat are smart then they'd get a new center. Bosh is at the center position, which is unnatural for him. He's a European PF (style wise I mean) and he needs to be next to a bruiser to be effective. Battier was a good fit to be next to him, but he is wearing down and getting older. Right now, the Heat's most effective player inside is Chris Anderson, and that's not a good thing, that's a very bad thing.

i know he's a bum but i wonder why they don't bother playing Joel Anthony at all...i mean they did get to a finals with him 2 years ago as a starter

anyone think Tony Parker is gonna be effective tomorrow night?  you KNOW he's gonna play

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #2967 on: June 12, 2013, 12:34:28 PM »
2013 Playoff Points
1.   LeBron James-MIA   469
2.   Paul George-IND   365
3.   Tony Parker-SAS   362
4.   Carmelo Anthony-NYK   346
5.   Kevin Durant-OKC   339
6.   Roy Hibbert-IND   323
7.   David West-IND   302
8.   Tim Duncan-SAS   290
9.   Stephen Curry-GSW   281
10.   George Hill-IND   263

Sccit

« Reply #2968 on: June 12, 2013, 01:41:51 PM »
Game 2 he was 17-8-7-3-3..I wouldn't call that a bad game at all. Just a poor shooting night that was made up for in other areas. And most importantly it helped his team to win and that block was a huge psychological turnaround in the game. But if that shooting troubles continue in the next games....it's all on him to show what he's made of.

call it what u want, thats a bad game for him, especially for those who actually sat and watched the whole thing...in game 2, he was was non-existant in the first three quarters and went off in the 4th when the heat already had the game in their hands. trust me. theres a thin line between being incredibly good at analyzing talent and being analytically paranoid. i'm not paranoid, i've been singin the same tune for years now, and i end up looking like nostradamus most of the time when it's all said and done...come on, meho. u'v been here long enough to witness it first hand.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #2969 on: June 12, 2013, 01:44:22 PM »
the funny thing is that if the Heat win the finals right now Lebron looks like the finals MVP based on how wack the rest of the Heat are playing :D

if the Spurs win it's GOTTA be TD...he's been pulling boards like a muthafucka knowing he has softy big men like Bosh going against him