Author Topic: Official Miami Heat thread  (Read 160812 times)

Hack Wilson - real

Re: Official Miami Heat thread
« Reply #3015 on: June 17, 2013, 08:23:48 PM »
MJ never averaged below 30 in the finals...you just mad your boy Kobe can't compare

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #3016 on: June 17, 2013, 08:27:17 PM »
btw NIk...i had some BBQ ribs for dinner.  you should try 'em  8)  ;D

Sccit

« Reply #3017 on: June 17, 2013, 08:42:58 PM »
At the end of the day, Kobe>Shaq>LeBron

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #3018 on: June 17, 2013, 08:46:17 PM »

right now:  Shaq > kobe > lebron

but give it a few years and this equation could easily be flipped upside down.  this ain't Lebron's last trip to the finals...he's only 28.

Remedy360

« Reply #3019 on: June 17, 2013, 08:51:09 PM »
Tim Duncan is 1 win away from his 5th ring

besides KG and Shaq, dude is the best player post-Jordan

You forgot LeBron. Best player ever in any sport 8) 8) 8)

8) 8)

Sccit

« Reply #3020 on: June 17, 2013, 08:55:19 PM »

but give it a few years and this equation could easily be flipped upside down.  this ain't Lebron's last trip to the finals...he's only 28.

i'll rank the top 10 lakers all-time to make it easier for u to realize how far apart they are

kobe=magic>kareem>wilt>shaq>west>baylor>worthy>goodrich>wilkes

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #3021 on: June 17, 2013, 09:12:41 PM »
first off Magic > Kobe any day of the week (prior to the aids virus of course...)

second off Shaq didn't spend his entire career with LA like Kobe did so it's diff.  Shaq per year did more for LA than Kobe did but Kobe didn't play for the Magic or Heat in his early or late prime years.  Shaq with the Heat won a title and with the Magic he went to the finals via beating an MJ/Pippen/Coach Phil team in 1995.  MJ had a whole month of time to prepare for that playoff run so there is no excuse in losing to a Magic team lead by young Shaq.

Remedy360

« Reply #3022 on: June 17, 2013, 09:33:56 PM »
first off Magic > Kobe any day of the week (prior to the aids virus of course...)

second off Shaq didn't spend his entire career with LA like Kobe did so it's diff.  Shaq per year did more for LA than Kobe did but Kobe didn't play for the Magic or Heat in his early or late prime years.  Shaq with the Heat won a title and with the Magic he went to the finals via beating an MJ/Pippen/Coach Phil team in 1995.  MJ had a whole month of time to prepare for that playoff run so there is no excuse in losing to a Magic team lead by young Shaq.

LeBron>Rondo>Duncan>Magic

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #3023 on: June 17, 2013, 10:36:43 PM »

i'll rank the top 10 lakers all-time to make it easier for u to realize how far apart they are

Really, let's not get it twisted, Wilt's best years were not with the Lakers. I'd go like this.

Kobe>Magic>Kareem>West>Mikan>Shaq>Baylor>Worthy>Wilt>Goodrich (About to be Pau Gasol in that 10th spot soon though. I said it!)

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #3024 on: June 17, 2013, 10:39:13 PM »
putting Kobe ahead of Magic is like putting Jay Z ahead of Rakim lmao

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3025 on: June 17, 2013, 10:52:58 PM »
putting Kobe ahead of Magic is like putting Jay Z ahead of Rakim lmao

Nope, because Kobe is one of the most skilled players in the history of the game. It's because Magic played with hall of fame players and Kobe was part of the greatest duo ever. Kobe did more with less, and trust me, I hate this more than you find this amusing. You see, Magic is my childhood hero, How children of the 90's love Mike, I was a huge Magic fan. He was the idol I grew up with. But to be honest, as teammates it's Byron Scott vs. Derek Fisher, it's James Worthy vs. Ron Artest, it's AC Green vs. Pau Gasol, it's Kareem Abdul-Jabbar vs. an injured Andrew Bynum. With that, I'd say Kobe has the slight edge, these are the two teams that defended the Celtics, and in order to be in the discussion for greatest Laker ever, you have to beat the Celtics. Both Magic and Kobe did it, so they get put in the discussion.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #3026 on: June 17, 2013, 11:26:21 PM »
Quote from: Smart Wilson
Shaq with the Heat won a title and with the Magic he went to the finals via beating an MJ/Pippen/Coach Phil team in 1995.  MJ had a whole month of time to prepare for that playoff run so there is no excuse in losing to a Magic team lead by young Shaq.
A whole month? That's not enough to get back in competitive form after having been out of the game for a year and a half and playing baseball during that time. He was rusty and was described that series as not looking like the old Michael Jordan.

Sccit

« Reply #3027 on: June 18, 2013, 01:44:20 AM »

Really, let's not get it twisted, Wilt's best years were not with the Lakers. I'd go like this.

Kobe>Magic>Kareem>West>Mikan>Shaq>Baylor>Worthy>Wilt>Goodrich (About to be Pau Gasol in that 10th spot soon though. I said it!)

im not goin based on their career as a laker only, and putting mikan ahead of worthy and baylor is blasphemy.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3028 on: June 18, 2013, 07:42:22 AM »

im not goin based on their career as a laker only, and putting mikan ahead of worthy and baylor is blasphemy.

Really, 5 titles and being the first great star in the NBA is not something to be proud of as a franchise. I am not going off of pure skill, then you'd never have older players on any list. I am going off greatest career as a Laker, and Mikan won 5 titles and was the first great player in the NBA. Plus, in a time when blacks were not allowed to play in the BAA (later merged with the NBA), George Mikan challenged the Globetrotters in 1948 after the Lakers won their first BAA title. So because Mikan was willing to play challenge and play against the Globetrotters, this helped speed up the integration of basketball. Mikan's legacy as a Laker, and to the sport of basketball is HUGE!

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #3029 on: June 18, 2013, 02:55:17 PM »
if the Heatles lose does Pat Reilly take over as coach next year?