Author Topic: Ice Cube Speaks On No Country For Young Men  (Read 793 times)

Do Dirty

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: Ice Cube Speaks On No Country For Young Men
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2010, 12:20:56 PM »
Cube speaking the truth. These young dudes trying to tell Snoop, Cube and Jay to sit down. You can't take the throne if your music is crap or you can't even get an album out. Folks don't realize that it's still the OG's running the game. Yeah Drake sold over a mil but Em is in his late 30's and did double. BEP (35) still pushing crazy numbers, Jay is damn 40. Even Wayne is approaching is 30's. The only dudes getting any pub on the West currently, commercially, are Snoop (38) and Game (30). Tell dudes to make better music if they want the throne.
game & snoop aren't selling well & their music isn't getting any better

Re-read what I said though, "only dudes getting pub on the West currently." Didn't say they were moving numbers (though Game hasn't released an album since 2008, which still sold Gold)
"You got problems with the punk police, don't run from the chumps get the pump from me"

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2010, 01:32:50 PM »
yeah, i'm just saying that this so called throne doesn't mean anything

Blasphemy

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2010, 02:09:32 PM »
Most people agree common got cube...but shrugs it off as if it was nuthin

lol yeah but the different nutt ridaz act like Common Diss was the biggest baddest thing ever and anything Cube does now isn't shit. If u got by that Logic then Obviously The remaining memebers of N.W.A lost there pass. or Biggie Smalls was crap after words. Disses is disses, but niggaz gotta stop living in the past. Cube Takes the L in this situation for talking up a West Style Album and then going the West/Southern Root. Other then that. who gives a shit, enjoy the music.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2010, 03:40:36 PM »
what made the shit seem larger then life was where common was in his career at the time compared to cubes status...cube was one of the biggest figures in hip hop at the time, and i dont care what any of yall say....common fucking murked cube  on that song and at the time i was such a big cube fan i was in denial like a motherfucker.

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2010, 04:22:12 PM »
man this interview was knot,got to love cube that equal sticc'n to his guns till the end,how can you not respect that, i don't know about that petey i like the first verse common kicc'd,but that song overall was boring as fucc, all my underground heads at the time was succ'n common off but all my hood equals was like that shit don't bump cube would lump that muthafucca hahaha, when i think of dope diss records i don't think of that song yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2010, 05:23:34 PM »
fuck that, with all the east coast west coast shit going on at the time that shit was brave lol.

im being serious when it came out i was like "fuck common" but now in retrospect i gotta give it up.

common served oshea.