Author Topic: So, we're in september, 3 months to go and 2011 is here...  (Read 986 times)

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
Re: So, we're in september, 3 months to go and 2011 is here...
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2010, 06:47:21 AM »
Wow, you guys really don't get it do you.  Detox is being used to market other Aftermath-related products.  It was used to market Eminem's Encore.  It was used to market Game's The Documentary.  Now that album sales have bottomed out, it is being used to market headphones, computer speakers, cognac, lol etc.  It's not too complicated.

I've seen this come full circle.  When I first announced that Detox is a Myth back in 2007 (when it finally dawned on me what's going on behind the scenes), everybody here clowned me as a fool, a conspiracy theorist, a Dre hater, etc.  But I knew it was going to take some time before I got people to realize that what I was saying was true.  Then, gradually, people started to come around and realize that I wasn't a conspiracy theorist or a hater -- I was right.  Now the tide is starting to turn again, where there's a backlash growing against Detox being a myth, to the point where people desperatly want Detox to be a real album.

Congratulations for trying to start a backlash -- but at least argue what I'm saying, not what you wish I were saying.  Talking about people hate Aftermath now?  WTF?  You're missing the point.  Aftermath has moved on to using Detox to market Beats by Dr. Dre.  Are you saying people hate Beats by Dr. Dre because that's the only way what you're arguing could be on point.  But no, you're talking about Aftermath albums, which in 2010, I don't think there even are any.  So you're setting up a strawman counter-argument.  When you want to argue what I am actually arguing, then let me know.

I know that my sig says albums, but I'm too lazy to change it.  At this point, there are no albums to market -- they're marketing Beats by Dr. Dre, which I've been saying since Beats started.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 06:49:45 AM by Detox Is A Myth!!! »
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

Portugoal

« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2010, 06:58:58 AM »
Wow, you guys really don't get it do you.  Detox is being used to market other Aftermath-related products.  It was used to market Eminem's Encore.  It was used to market Game's The Documentary.  Now that album sales have bottomed out, it is being used to market headphones, computer speakers, cognac, lol etc.  It's not too complicated.

I've seen this come full circle.  When I first announced that Detox is a Myth back in 2007 (when it finally dawned on me what's going on behind the scenes), everybody here clowned me as a fool, a conspiracy theorist, a Dre hater, etc.  But I knew it was going to take some time before I got people to realize that what I was saying was true.  Then, gradually, people started to come around and realize that I wasn't a conspiracy theorist or a hater -- I was right.  Now the tide is starting to turn again, where there's a backlash growing against Detox being a myth, to the point where people desperatly want Detox to be a real album.

Congratulations for trying to start a backlash -- but at least argue what I'm saying, not what you wish I were saying.  Talking about people hate Aftermath now?  WTF?  You're missing the point.  Aftermath has moved on to using Detox to market Beats by Dr. Dre.  Are you saying people hate Beats by Dr. Dre because that's the only way what you're arguing could be on point.  But no, you're talking about Aftermath albums, which in 2010, I don't think there even are any.  So you're setting up a strawman counter-argument.  When you want to argue what I am actually arguing, then let me know.

I know that my sig says albums, but I'm too lazy to change it.  At this point, there are no albums to market -- they're marketing Beats by Dr. Dre, which I've been saying since Beats started.

you need a life

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2010, 10:28:53 AM »

not really.
the campaign focuses on sound quality & dre's approval

Jimmy H.

« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2010, 09:40:52 PM »

It’s just a shoddy theory though. If there was something concrete that made it seem like a logical move, I’d be open to listening to it but most of what you point out works against your theory, instead of in favor of it.

Most of these releases are actually helping to push Detox, instead of the other way around. “Encore” didn’t need Detox to “help market it”. Shady Records was at its peak with the success of 8-Mile, 50 Cent’s debut, and Obie Trice. Around this time, Dre had actually announced he was scrapping the album altogether. Em and Game actually helped fuel its rebirth by mentioning by name and/or having Dre shout it out on both their albums.

The whole problem with the Detox myth is there just isn’t steady enough product coming out of the Dre/Interscope camp to validate anything. If you’re gonna use Detox to market things, you wouldn’t do so by leaking lousy-sounding unfinished reference tracks so the public can get them without paying a penny and shit all over them, killing off the buzz one leaked track at a time. They’d also probably put out more fucking albums from artists they are trying to break. If you’re perpetuating a myth to try and sell as much as you can, wise money would argue that they would be attaching Dr. Dre’s name to way more than they actually have. Think about it. If they’re gonna use Detox to sell headphones, wouldn’t it be way more in the realm of reality for them to drop some pay-for-download preview tracks that they can keep off the album if they tank as opposed to leaking low-quality tracks on purpose and claming they had nothing to do with it?

Matty

« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2010, 11:38:30 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/nJtdlDst94A" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/nJtdlDst94A</a>

"SCOTT STORCH ON HIS WAY... IN THE STUDIO WITH DR. DRE PUTTING FINAL TOUCHES ON THE LONG AWAITED DETOX ALBUM!"

"teamStorch is going hard with Dr.Dre to finish the #detox album.So proud of the team."

DETOX BABY!!! :laugh:

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2010, 12:52:12 AM »
^is that from twitter or what?  :laugh:

Blasphemy

« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2010, 09:25:21 AM »
2 Detox is a Myth

If this album is about marketing scheme it's failed hardcore on that, no ones sells are improving

Which is why Dre is making headphones, computer speakers, etc. getting big paper stacks and laughing all the way to the bank.  Thank you, Detox, for lending a hand over the years.  Ca-ching!

lol I think you're confusing Detox with Dr. Dre's name. It's obvious he's included Detox on all those, but lets be honest, his name has bigger sell value then a unreleased album who's leaked tracks have been considered pieces of shit even by the mainstream fans. I mean if u can't get the mainstream on your side then there is no point to even try. Look at Game and the RED album, lol that shit fell off the place of the earth because he failed to get any hype for it beyond white soft.

Honestly I wouldn't be amazed if Dr. Dre isn't working on it at all, aside from a few tracks here and there. I mean look at The Chronic (1992) to 2001 (1999) that's essentially 7 years apart. The situation is the same except the fact lately no one on aftermath is dropping, I mean who is actually even signed to the label now???

I honestly don't know lol