Author Topic: Dr. Dre's Aftermath Cognac Due in Stores This Month  (Read 2484 times)

Elano

Dr. Dre's Aftermath Cognac Due in Stores This Month
« on: September 22, 2010, 12:22:00 AM »
(AllHipHop News) Sources have told AllHipHop.com that Dr. Dre's new brand of cognac will begin shipping to stores later this month and in the beginning of October.

Dr. Dre announced the details of his new line Aftermath Cognac in August of 2008. The first alcoholic drink from Dr. Dre is a joint venture between Dr. Dre and Interscope/Geffen/A&M Records.

The production and distribution of Aftermath Cognac will be handled by Abecassis Cognac, which will also help introduce a new 80-proof flavored and unflavored sparkling vodka product.

The Aftermath Cognac and accompanying vodka were originally supposed to be released to coincide with Dr. Dre's highly anticipated album Detox, which still has no official release date.

Dr. Dre teased fans during his performance with Eminem and Jay-Z at Detroit's Comerica Park, after they began chanting "Detox" in unison, in an attempt to push the produced to release the delayed album.

“I'm coming,” was all Dr. Dre told the crowd.

LMAO

terence chill

Re: Dr. Dre's Aftermath Cognac Due in Stores This Month
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2010, 04:13:05 AM »
fuck Interscope/Geffen/A&M Records
fuck Aftermath
fuck Monster
fuck dr.dre
fuck Aftermath Cognac
& fuck Detox

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2010, 04:22:28 AM »
fuck Aftermath
fuck Monster
fuck dr.dre
fuck Aftermath Cognac
& fuck Detox

You need em!

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2010, 04:55:55 AM »
Great. Maybe fans can get drunk now and forget about DETOX. I wonder if this new drink will get pushed back as well.

Elano

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2010, 05:37:37 AM »
You can buy the cognac, the headphones but not the new album. GREAT MARKETING

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2010, 07:58:30 AM »

I think Dre and Jimmy have figured out that no one can download headphones or cognac for free, so therefore probably way better business ventures

Larrabee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2010, 08:10:04 AM »
I wonder how long it took Dre to mix the cognac.

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2010, 08:36:39 AM »
I wonder if any of the cognac will leak early

Get it - "leak" early. Haha.

It probably will and everyone will think it doesn't taste too good, and Dre will say it's not finished yet, "that's not the finished cognac," he hates these kinds of leaks and that he wants everyone to only drink it once it's ready

Blood$

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2010, 08:52:39 AM »
fuck Aftermath
fuck Monster
fuck dr.dre
fuck Aftermath Cognac
& fuck Detox

Great. Maybe fans can get drunk now and forget about DETOX. I wonder if this new drink will get pushed back as well.

I wonder how long it took Dre to mix the cognac.

LOL... props to y'all, I came in here with hopes of comedy and I wasn't let down  8)

Stan

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2010, 09:12:35 AM »
+1  ::)

Stan

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2010, 09:19:25 AM »
I think Dre and Jimmy have figured out that no one can download headphones or cognac for free, so therefore probably way better business ventures

Yes this is true, but to market it as being "Dre's" shit Dre needs to stay relevant.  How can you market something to someone using an artist who hasn't released an album in over 10 years?
Only die-hards like us will actually follow a producer and know his credits, especially when no one buys cds anymore or reads the album credits.
Think about it; what new fan knows what the fuck Aftermath is?  Who has come out on Aftermath lately, Eminem?  That's it.  Everyone else gets dropped so again, you can only market this shit to older fans, not new ones.  If I walked up to a random group of people between 20-30 I bet maybe 5% or less would know what Aftermath is.

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2010, 09:56:45 AM »

Yes this is true, but to market it as being "Dre's" shit Dre needs to stay relevant.  How can you market something to someone using an artist who hasn't released an album in over 10 years?
Only die-hards like us will actually follow a producer and know his credits, especially when no one buys cds anymore or reads the album credits.
Think about it; what new fan knows what the fuck Aftermath is?  Who has come out on Aftermath lately, Eminem?  That's it.  Everyone else gets dropped so again, you can only market this shit to older fans, not new ones.  If I walked up to a random group of people between 20-30 I bet maybe 5% or less would know what Aftermath is.

Yeah, ONLY Eminem, who is like the biggest rapper on the planet
And Dr Dre is one of those big names, everyone knows as being a big producer

It's like if the Beatles came out with their own headphone line, who is gonna be like, "who are the Beatles?" - the name is already big, it doesn't need to become "relevant"

Sikotic™

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2010, 10:07:28 AM »
Where the fuck is my Chronic Iced Tea, Dr. Dre!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Stan

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2010, 10:08:28 AM »
Yeah, ONLY Eminem, who is like the biggest rapper on the planet
And Dr Dre is one of those big names, everyone knows as being a big producer

It's like if the Beatles came out with their own headphone line, who is gonna be like, "who are the Beatles?" - the name is already big, it doesn't need to become "relevant"
Sorry but Dre doesn't even come close to the Beatles in sales or world-wide popularity.  I wouldn't even compare the two.
I would say Eminem is better known (world-wide) than Dre.  Also a headphone line and Dr. Dre makes sense, just like a Gordon Ramsay and a kitchen set.  To sell a cognac branded with Aftermath makes little or no marketing sense at all.  Alcohol is like a clothing line, which is all about marketing.  

Why do you think it was initially supposed to come out with his album?  Not only Dre, but more importantly his album would used to be endorse it.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2010, 10:32:52 AM »
it already got pushed back, as it was supposed to come out in 2008 :laugh: