Author Topic: Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance  (Read 1253 times)

Trauma-san

Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance
« on: December 19, 2002, 09:28:35 AM »
I just got this game for Gamecube.  Man, it's pretty incredible... I feel like i'm playing Mortal Kombat II again.  It doesn't have as many fatalities and all that, but man, the moves are incredible.  Each character has about 60-70 seperate moves, I've never seen a video game that deep.  Also, they all have 3 styles of martial arts, that are all authentic.  Like Johnny Cage, has Karate, Jeet Jit Su, and uses Nun Chucks as a weapon.  Each person has a diff. weapon, like my boy Scorpion has a Ninja Sword.

The graphics are incredible, it's all 3D, the best looking MK easy so far, looks light years ahead of MK4.  They got rid of the 'run' button, and now have a button to switch fighting styles while you're playing... also, there's no hi kick, lo kick, etc. anymore, it's just 1,2,3,4... some people's styles just have punches, for instance.  

You get money now when you win, then you can go in the Krypt and buy one of 676 koffins, and get the stuff in them... there's hidden characters, different costumes, extra arenas, etc. etc.

Anybody got it?  I remember somebody posted a thread about it, but I don't see it.  Anybody figured out if there's more than 1 finisher for anybody yet? I can only find 1 for each...

Trauma-san

Re:Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2002, 09:29:41 AM »
BTW, so far, I see 22 different characters you can play in it, and 1 so far that you can't.  I think there's another character or two, also hidden somewhere.  

Sub-Z

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2002, 04:43:36 PM »
its a great game,i rented it,and then asked for it for christmas lol

i dont think theres more than one fatlity for each charcter,but who knows,mortal kombat games are known for having tons of secrets, so im sure something might pop up sooner or later

and there are 2 more characters you can get that arent available on the character select screen (inferno and someone else ,forgot his name,but i read it in the xbox magazine and they had screen shots of each of these chracters)

anyways great game,everyone go buy it now!

Trauma-san

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2002, 11:37:28 PM »
I already found the biography in the game for Inferno, and for a guy named "MotionCap" (he's the guy that did all the motion capture stuff in the game) you select him by pushing down under Cyrax on the screen.  I'm hoping there's more stuff people haven't figured out yet, because all the reviews say 23 people and 1 fatality each.  I'm also hoping you can be that big monster Moloch or whatever his name is.  I beat it today with Scorpion, kicked it's ASSSS, Scorpion's got some crazy combos in this one. I think I might train with SubZero next.  

Cliftone_Santiago_909

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2002, 01:38:05 AM »
I rented it. It was cool.. but I was kinda disapointed. MK4 was my favorite, I liked the 'Run' Button. And I aint really down with tha 1234 thing. And also.... NO LUI KANG!

Tha fatalites were wack... they were kinda basic... I guess it's because it's tha first MK to come out for a long time and most fighting games these days aren't doing fatalities much.. but it's 2002.. I was expecting to see some crazy shit.

I liked the way it looked and tha whole 3 fighting style thing was dope. Tha weapons are bad too... like when you leave your sword in them and they bleed through tha whole fight.  I get down with Kano and that blind foo'...

"These Bustas! Betta Recognize What's Commin'/ Dancin' On D's With Tha Alpine Bumpin'/ Ever Since A Child I Knew How To Live Foul/ Now I Bust Rhymes Like A Cool CRIMINAL" - King Tee

Trauma-san

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2002, 02:00:33 AM »
Yeah, I watched a bunch of stuff with Ed Boon, and he said the fatalities were becoming (or had) the focus of the series, and it was a bigger deal than the actual game, and was getting lots of publicity, blah blah blah, so they purposely toned them down, so that the focus would be on the gameplay.

The franchise almost died, people never thought there would be a 5, because 4 didn't sell very good... it almost bombed at the arcade, because arcade sells in general are way down then when 2 and 3 came out.  Plus, the 4th didn't look very good, since they had just started the 3D thing.  Then, to make matters worse, they made a sub-zero game that wasn't very good, then a Jax game that was horrible.  Everybody thought they were just gonna hang it up, so he decided to make drastic changes..

-- Kill Liu Kang
-- Get rid of most of the fatalities
-- Get rid of the run button
-- get rid of the kick/punch buttons, so they didn't have to give everybody like a wack ass low kick or something
-- face damage
-- three styles of fighting for everybody
-- home systems only
-- One player modes, besides Arcade (the Krypt, the Konquest mode)
-- Bring back the test your might from MK1.

It was like a huge gamble, they thought the game was gonna be horrible, but they took a long time, and I think it's pretty awesome.

Cliftone_Santiago_909

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2002, 02:18:22 AM »
hmmm That's understandablle. The Fatalites were becoming the focus of tha game... I remember buying part 2 and 3 thinking "What Are Tha New Fatalites".. and they were dope. I just dont think they really had to tone them down. They should have made all them changes but kept some dope ass fatalites.. would have made the game even better.

Why kill Lui Kang?

"These Bustas! Betta Recognize What's Commin'/ Dancin' On D's With Tha Alpine Bumpin'/ Ever Since A Child I Knew How To Live Foul/ Now I Bust Rhymes Like A Cool CRIMINAL" - King Tee

Trauma-san

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2002, 02:25:21 AM »
They didn't say, but I think it was just a balls move, they did it just to shock people.  Liu Kang was easily the most popular character of the other games, and he was the strongest, usually.

Cliftone_Santiago_909

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2002, 02:47:05 AM »
HE WAS THA FUCKIN CHAMPION OF THE EARTH REALM DAMMIT!!!

Entreri117

• Master Chief
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2002, 10:53:32 PM »
I gotta pick this game up!

I DL'ed some fatalities and moves off of Kazaa for it...SHIT LOOKS AMAZING!

I dunno if I'll be able to get used to the style switches and new combos...but I'll sure as hell try!  The graphics are terrific!

I'ma be gettin this game for XBOX...anyone else got it for X?

Sub-Z

« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2002, 06:49:29 PM »

I dunno if I'll be able to get used to the style switches and new combos...but I'll sure as hell try!  The graphics are terrific!

ive gt it for xbox,its great

Entreri117

• Master Chief
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2002, 11:55:26 PM »

ive gt it for xbox,its great

Is it worth the $49.99?  I may buy it tomarrow...

Sub-Z

« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2002, 09:06:27 PM »
yes,IMO it is worth the $50

Smooth

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2002, 02:11:39 AM »
Yo just played the game for the first time today... I was really impressed... I love the fact you can change different fighting styles and shit... the games worth the $49.99 for sure...
"Nigga what up now?. you act like a bitch, you bound to get fucked, you trick ass snitch!" - Snoop Dogg - "Buck Em"

"Stranded on death row for pumpin slug's in muthafucka's" - Kurupt - "Stranded on Death Row"

Here's a message to the youngsters today,standing by you can die - Nate Dogg - "One More Day"

Battle Record 1-0

Entreri117

• Master Chief
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2002, 12:39:24 PM »
I'm definitly gonna rent this shit before I buy it...

I'm lookin forward to playin it...