Author Topic: The G.O.A.T has spoken part 3: "I could have scored 100 points" in todays NBA  (Read 1290 times)

Controver$y King

• Muthafuckin' OG
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Jordan-I-could-have-scored-100-points-in-toda;_ylt=AknzL8Mjn2bTupKH0oO97tK8vLYF?urn=nba-277020

It's less physical and the rules have changed, obviously. Based on these rules, if I had to play with my style of play, I'm pretty sure I would have fouled out or I would have been at the free throw line pretty often and I could have scored 100 points.

Let it be known
MJ bout to suit up for the Bobcats!

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Plus with the refs giving him more calls than Kobe & LeBron combined, 120 is possible.

theremedy360

Plus with the refs giving him more calls than Kobe & LeBron combined, 120 is possible.

David Stern would fire any ref that officiated a game that he scored less than 50

OG Hack Wilson

The NBA now (and for the past few years) has been a very guard-friendly league.

This may not be far off.
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Sccit

took an overtime for him to get 69, his career high...and jordan was a whack 3 point shooter, 29% on his career (excluding 2 seasons where the line was shortened)...one of the reasons kobe was able to score 81 was that he went 7-13 from 3 point range...jordan couldn't do that. thats just jordan bein jordan, talkin shit to keep his ego at peak levels.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
^You mean to tell me that on a given game Jordan couldn't go 7-13 from three?

I mean, if you're planning to score 100 points, it would help if you at least make it a given you're having a great day from the field; draining everything.

Not to mention that Kobe hitting seven threes is only seven more points scored than Jordan if he hit all two's & I'm sure he could make up those seven points at the line.

Sccit

^You mean to tell me that on a given game Jordan couldn't go 7-13 from three?

I mean, if you're planning to score 100 points, it would help if you at least make it a given you're having a great day from the field; draining everything.

Not to mention that Kobe hitting seven threes is only seven more points scored than Jordan if he hit all two's & I'm sure he could make up those seven points at the line.

I'm telling you that jordan needed extra time to reach 69, and that it's very unlikely he could score 80, let alone 100 in a 48 minute period. the players of today are more athletic and theres more competition at his position then there was in his day, something he conveniently failed to mention in his little ego driven rant. i brought up shooting because jordan wasn't known as a great long range shooter...kobe had to make a lot of difficult long range shots in his 81 point performance...jordan's simply lookin to shine and keep his name out there, and this is all it is. wilt was the only one who could score 100, end of discussion.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Jordan is right (as always).

The way they call fouls today is out of control.  Let me give you 3 examples.

-The first example I want to give is from the Heat/Mavericks finals a few years ago when Dwayne Wade was just givin every call down the stretch.  All he had to do was make a hard move to the basket and he was gauranteed to go to the line.  This killed the Mavs early in the series and robbed my boy Cuban of a championship.

-The other example is when Kobe kicks his feet out.  He jumps up in the air, the defender is minding his own air space and not infringing upon Kobe's landing.. but Kobe kicks his legs out and because his legs hit the defender he ends up at the freethrow line.  This is beyond ridiculous.

-The last example is when a guy like Kobe actually lunges into the defender.  The defender is running alongside him and the defender does not take an angle into Kobe but rather just alongside Kobe, which should be his right... yet at the last moment kobe or Wade-like player will wildly lunge into the defender and end up at the line, over some bullshit.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Tha A

• 'G'
  • when it was good to be a knick
not saying he could put up 100 points but the nba sure as hell is less physical than it was, there's less competition in terms of teams and superstars get away with too much and live at the line (mostly due to jordan though). but also let's not act like jordan wasn't helped back then too and yeah, he had poor long range without a doubt, the nba even had the 3point line closer to the basket, mostly due to him again. jordan likes to talk shit and he was overhyped but I still think he's the goat (not saying that without a doubt and I don't even like to compare players from different positions) and I still think he would break his career high if he played right now but 100 points I don't know.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 02:50:15 AM by Tha A »

Sccit

Jordan is right (as always).

The way they call fouls today is out of control.  Let me give you 3 examples.

-The first example I want to give is from the Heat/Mavericks finals a few years ago when Dwayne Wade was just givin every call down the stretch.  All he had to do was make a hard move to the basket and he was gauranteed to go to the line.  This killed the Mavs early in the series and robbed my boy Cuban of a championship.

-The other example is when Kobe kicks his feet out.  He jumps up in the air, the defender is minding his own air space and not infringing upon Kobe's landing.. but Kobe kicks his legs out and because his legs hit the defender he ends up at the freethrow line.  This is beyond ridiculous.

-The last example is when a guy like Kobe actually lunges into the defender.  The defender is running alongside him and the defender does not take an angle into Kobe but rather just alongside Kobe, which should be his right... yet at the last moment kobe or Wade-like player will wildly lunge into the defender and end up at the line, over some bullshit.

what are you tryna say? that kobe gets more calls than jordan did? LOL. that is beyond ridiculous...everyone knew the league treated jordan like its very own son, and the officiating made him literally untouchable...on the other hand, the opposite is said about kobe. he has nights where he gets hammered with no calls whatsoever (usually resulting in a "what the fuck?!" expression by Kobe, and a lil swipe at the refs). but the fact of the matter is, jordan was respected by refs a lot more than kobe. you might have a point with wade (a couple years back), because there was a point in time where the league treated wade like the new jordan and made him untouchable, but still, no one has ever been as untouchable as jordan when it comes to getting the calls, and this isn't really disputed by anyone, my dude...PeACe

Sccit

even though the game has become less physical, people keep forgetting that the players of today are way more athletic than back then...jordan didn't face players like lebron, wade, kobe, melo, durant, etc. on the perimeter...his greatest rival at his poisition was clyde drexler. the other 20+ teams had no one competing with MJ. the athletes of today make it literally impossible for any one single individual to score 100 points in a game. the fact that kobe made it to 81 is still mind-boggling, really. if it took an overtime for him to reach 69, it would take at least 80 minutes of play for Jordan to reach 100....and a shorter three point line (a la 1995).

Tha A

• 'G'
  • when it was good to be a knick
even though the game has become less physical, people keep forgetting that the players of today are way more athletic than back then...jordan didn't face players like lebron, wade, kobe, melo, durant, etc. on the perimeter...his greatest rival at his poisition was clyde drexler. the other 20+ teams had no one competing with MJ. the athletes of today make it literally impossible for any one single individual to score 100 points in a game. the fact that kobe made it to 81 is still mind-boggling, really. if it took an overtime for him to reach 69, it would take at least 80 minutes of play for Jordan to reach 100....and a shorter three point line (a la 1995).

I wouldn't go as far as saying that today players are way more athletic but they now spend more time at the gym, we have more knowledge about nutrition, exercises and supplements, we need to take that in count, if players from back then would've played right now they would also have access to that, the human kind just don't evolve that much in 20/30 years, and I'm referring to all the players because jordan was already just too athletic and worked hard as it was. maybe jordan wasn't facing better players at his position than what he would've faced today (guys like kobe and wade) I can give you that but he faced better competition in terms of teams, especially in the 80's and early 90's, and he also faced all time perimeter defenders like dumars or moncrief, he wouldn't be scoring 100 points right now though, that's just jordan talking shit like he use to like I've said, I can see him breaking his record, still very hard to do though. it's mind boggling without a doubt that kobe made it to 81 and people need to stop putting mj on a pedestal (he was/is very overhyped, I still think he's the goat, not without any doubt and it's too hard and maybe stupid to compare people players from different positions like I've said) and admit that kobe got more range, shooting wise, than he did.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!

At least somebody recognizes that todays players are more athletic, built better, etc.

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Who knows.... a Jordan in his prime playing the slackest team in the NBA..... maybe......prolly not though, 100pts hasn't been done since Wilt..... Kobe came close....he musta been pretty greedy that game.

teecee

Against the Toronto Raptors from the year Kobe went off, maybe, but I still doubt it.

Having said that...the no handcheck thing makes a huge difference.   The Pistons designed an entire defense just to stop him, and that defense was straight physical play that wouldn't be allowed today.

The perimeter players weren't as talented offensively back then, but they WERE just as good defensively, especially because of the hand check.

Furthermore, MJ got a TON of points driving to the hoop....think about the big dudes back them...think about now.   Big men are SOFT.

I don't know, maybe he could do it.   Either way, I don't give a fuck, its all hypothetical, just like Kobe saying he could take LBJ one on one.