Author Topic: The G.O.A.T has spoken part 3: "I could have scored 100 points" in todays NBA  (Read 1303 times)

teecee

took an overtime for him to get 69, his career high...and jordan was a whack 3 point shooter, 29% on his career (excluding 2 seasons where the line was shortened)...one of the reasons kobe was able to score 81 was that he went 7-13 from 3 point range...jordan couldn't do that. thats just jordan bein jordan, talkin shit to keep his ego at peak levels.

Check MJ's shooting percentages and shots taken on games over 50...check Kobe's.   Kobe shoots WAY more, at a worse percentage, to get his big games.   Look it up if you don't believe me.   

And yes, Jordan's ego is getting annoying, but so are Kobe's and Lebron's.   Only Magic isn't an asshole, the rest of these guys are douchebags

Mietek23

took an overtime for him to get 69, his career high...and jordan was a whack 3 point shooter, 29% on his career (excluding 2 seasons where the line was shortened)...one of the reasons kobe was able to score 81 was that he went 7-13 from 3 point range...jordan couldn't do that. thats just jordan bein jordan, talkin shit to keep his ego at peak levels.

Kobe's best season in 3pt% was 02-03 - he was 38,3% from the 3p line. MJ was 37,6% [worst, but not too far away] and 42,7% from the short line. So saying he was wack 3pt shooter isin't fair. I agree, he wasen't a great 3pt shooter but wack? that's a blind statement.

If Kobe could get 81 against a wack ass Toronto team playing WITH wack ass Lakers team - MJ could def get close to 100 playing in a scrub team against a scrub team.

Tha A

• 'G'
  • when it was good to be a knick
Against the Toronto Raptors from the year Kobe went off, maybe, but I still doubt it.

Having said that...the no handcheck thing makes a huge difference.   The Pistons designed an entire defense just to stop him, and that defense was straight physical play that wouldn't be allowed today.

The perimeter players weren't as talented offensively back then, but they WERE just as good defensively, especially because of the hand check.

Furthermore, MJ got a TON of points driving to the hoop....think about the big dudes back them...think about now.   Big men are SOFT.

I don't know, maybe he could do it.   Either way, I don't give a fuck, its all hypothetical, just like Kobe saying he could take LBJ one on one.

well put

Tha A

• 'G'
  • when it was good to be a knick

Kobe's best season in 3pt% was 02-03 - he was 38,3% from the 3p line. MJ was 37,6% [worst, but not too far away] and 42,7% from the short line. So saying he was wack 3pt shooter isin't fair. I agree, he wasen't a great 3pt shooter but wack? that's a blind statement.

If Kobe could get 81 against a wack ass Toronto team playing WITH wack ass Lakers team - MJ could def get close to 100 playing in a scrub team against a scrub team.

yeah, that's mj best season from the 3point line, excluding the ones the line was closer to the basket, but kobe only had like 2 seasons shooting less than 30%, jordan had many, even below 20%, stats really don't mean that much because some times players improve their shooting and jordan sure did, he wasn't all the way wack, he came trough in the clutch with some 3pointers sometimes, but kobe got more range than he did. yeah, if he was on that same situation, red hot against the raptors, we can only imagine what he would've done.

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
No he couldn't have ... he does not have the range and the offensive arsenal Kobe has ... Kobe on fire is better than any other player in history on fire ... he got  62 in three quarters against the Mavs which at that time was the best team in the league while it took MJ a OT to get 69

As Ron Harper said : "Jordan never scored 81 like Kobe did. And he tried. Trust me

I agree defenses were most physical in Jordan era but zone defense were not allowed and players are way more athletic today  ... Jordan had the chance to be single defended by undersized Starks, Kevin Johnson , Hornacek and get all the calls while Kobe had to face the zone of the Celtics and getting hacked a lot

teecee

No he couldn't have ... he does not have the range and the offensive arsenal Kobe has ... Kobe on fire is better than any other player in history on fire ... he got  62 in three quarters against the Mavs which at that time was the best team in the league while it took MJ a OT to get 69

As Ron Harper said : "Jordan never scored 81 like Kobe did. And he tried. Trust me

I agree defenses were most physical in Jordan era but zone defense were not allowed and players are way more athletic today  ... Jordan had the chance to be single defended by undersized Starks, Kevin Johnson , Hornacek and get all the calls while Kobe had to face the zone of the Celtics and getting hacked a lot

Jordan never took as many shots in a game as Kobe to get his ppoints....furthermore, check shooting percentages in Kobe's and MJ's big games?  You won't like what you see.

Sccit

Check MJ's shooting percentages and shots taken on games over 50...check Kobe's.   Kobe shoots WAY more, at a worse percentage, to get his big games.   Look it up if you don't believe me.   

And yes, Jordan's ego is getting annoying, but so are Kobe's and Lebron's.   Only Magic isn't an asshole, the rest of these guys are douchebags

Kobe shoots more than Jordan did? That's funny. Kobe averages 19 attempts per game, compared to Jordan's 23. Jordan once shot 49 field goals in an NBA game...the most Kobe's ever shot=47...and less than that in his 81 point game. so don't tell me Kobe shoots more...maybe shoots a lower percentage, but that, again, is due to the range. Kobe's ego nowadays is nothing compared to jrodan's...and even if he does have ego, he doesn't flaunt it to feel better about himself the way Jordan does.

teecee

Kobe shoots more than Jordan did? That's funny. Kobe averages 19 attempts per game, compared to Jordan's 23. Jordan once shot 49 field goals in an NBA game...the most Kobe's ever shot=47...and less than that in his 81 point game. so don't tell me Kobe shoots more...maybe shoots a lower percentage, but that, again, is due to the range. Kobe's ego nowadays is nothing compared to jrodan's...and even if he does have ego, he doesn't flaunt it to feel better about himself the way Jordan does.

I didn't say Kobe shoots more...I said he shoots more to get his BIG games, which is true besides a few games.  Look at Kobe's 50 point games, look at Jordan's.  One of these dude's is MUCH more efficent.

And fuck off with the range...Nash has a pretty good FG % and he shoots a lot from outside, right???   

yes, Jordan DID take 49 shots one game, BUT he also hit 27 of them (55%)!   And guess what?  He went off to prove a point...it was a certain Magic rookie's first visit to the Stadium...

teecee

As well, Lebron actually shot MORE three's than Kobe the last two years, but it doesn't exactly effect his percentage, does it???

Also, in the 2002 season, Kobe once went 17 for 47 against the Celtics

PLANT

to NIK,

dont forget Koeb scored his 81 against the Raptors defence (absolute shit) and Jordan hit up a great Celtics D in Boston for 69....

this argument could go on forever tho, and its an endless debate.  who really gives a fuck, at the end of the day its till Jordan>>>>>>Kobe

no matter if jordan could score 100 or not.

Sccit

As well, Lebron actually shot MORE three's than Kobe the last two years, but it doesn't exactly effect his percentage, does it???

Also, in the 2002 season, Kobe once went 17 for 47 against the Celtics

LeBron takes a lot more shots in the paint than Kobe, wouldn't you say? LOL...especially Kobe of the last 2 years, who has been settling for more mid-to-long-range jumpers due to the knee. LeBron did take more threes, but rarely shoots outside shots if it's not behind the three point line.

Sccit

I didn't say Kobe shoots more...I said he shoots more to get his BIG games, which is true besides a few games.  Look at Kobe's 50 point games, look at Jordan's.  One of these dude's is MUCH more efficent.

And fuck off with the range...Nash has a pretty good FG % and he shoots a lot from outside, right???   

yes, Jordan DID take 49 shots one game, BUT he also hit 27 of them (55%)!   And guess what?  He went off to prove a point...it was a certain Magic rookie's first visit to the Stadium...

how do you compare Nash to Kobe? LMAO. Nash is a pass first player who attempts half the shots Kobe does, because he likes to shoot a good percentage of his shots only if he is completely wide open...don't tell me to "fuck off with the range" when clearly that is the main factor behind the percentages. End of the day, Jordan never reached 81, and he is clearly jealous/bitter over it...especially now that he sees Kobe has a good shot at collecting 6+ rings, you can tell that his ego is starting to feel threatened.

real question, does anyone truly believe Jordan could score 100 points in a game? LOL...seriously