Author Topic: New Big L album: "Return Of The Devils Son" will be released in November!!!  (Read 630 times)

OG Hack Wilson

I just want to purchase a new Big L album for his legacy
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Elkoizm

I just want to purchase it to listen to Big L. Period.

Anunikke

L's brother is currently in court for the rights over Big L's music against L's greedy father.
If his greedy father wins we need to boycott the album.

LMAO, why?  :laugh:
That guy has stopped any new L from coming out so far.
If his brothers in charge we would get better & more material.

Leggy Hendrix

exactly, fuck the behind the scenes bs

isnt it his brothers fault L got killed?

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape

exactly, fuck the behind the scenes bs

isnt it his brothers fault L got killed?

at the time of his death his brother was in prison on drug charges, but it was speculated it was retaliation for something his brother had done etc. Either way still a massive loss to music. I'll be sure to check out the record when it drops, Big L = Punch Line King!

OG Hack Wilson

L's brother is currently in court for the rights over Big L's music against L's greedy father.

Big Picture came out after he died?
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Anunikke

Big Picture came out after he died?
his mom was still alive then.

Lord Finesse has said he won't be giving out shit as long as L's father is in charge or something like that.

DEKO

Official announcement:
On the 10 year anniversary of Big L's posthumous and sophomore release, his family releases a brand new album!

Return of the Devil's Son

New York, NY – SMC Recordings, along with Distrolord Inc, is set for a huge release from New York rapper Big L, close to 12 years after his death. Since his passing, albums have been released under the guise of the Big L imprint, but none except his sophomore release was official. Ten years later, Big L fans will be able to enjoy all unreleased material with his newest album Return of the Devil's Son and know that this is an official project backed by the family.

"This album is supported 100% by the Big L family." Said Big L's older brother Donald Phinazee "I've been talking about this album for the last six years and it means everything to me. This is an original Big L album and I'm excited to put my brother out."

Lamont Coleman aka Big L, a witty and lyrical Harlem rapper, was buzzing in the underground hip hop scene in the early 90's; running with the likes of Cam'Ron and Mase, who shot to stardom during this time. His Columbia Records debut in 1995 was mildly successful. Then in 1999 when he was just 24, Big L was killed and the case still remains unsolved. Around this time, an independently released single was getting spins on local radio and in 2000 his posthumous second album was received by acclaim and phenomenal sales.

Return of the Devil's Son has 21 unreleased songs, including "Right To The Top" featuring Royal Flush and Kool G Rap.

"This album will show where he should have been and where he was about to go. It's going on 12 years since he's been gone. He would have been that one; this project will show where he should have been at," said Donald Phinazee.

Return of the Devil's Son on Distrolord/SMC Recordings will be available online and in stores November 23, 2010.

KURUPTION-81

Tight, will be getting this.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Al Bundy

this is not the same project that finesse is working on. most of you who are into L have already heard most of these tracks

OG Hack Wilson

this is not the same project that finesse is working on. most of you who are into L have already heard most of these tracks

yeah i've heard atleast half of it

but to be honest as long as the sound quality isn't on some "Wide Awake 2009" shit i'll still buy it

Anunikke

From what I heard L's brother visited every studio L ever walked into in search of unreleased material.

NotoriousTDA

who else is producing this?

wasnt premo and pete rock suppose to get on this too?

The Predator

Unheard 90's Big-L punch-lines dropping in 2010, bring it.

So pal back up a bit, give me elbow space
I represent Harlem World, not Melrose Place
- L