Author Topic: [Game] FallOut : New Vegas  (Read 673 times)

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
[Game] FallOut : New Vegas
« on: October 26, 2010, 11:15:25 AM »
i picked this up @ the wkend and i dont honestly no what the fuck i am doing? This is the first fallout game i have played but im confused as hell with it.. anyone playing this? who can offer some tips or advise?

G-Funk

Re: [Game] FallOut : New Vegas
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 02:00:10 PM »
I got this when it came out. Just beat it the other day.
You go around doing quests helping others and exploring the wasteland.
What do you need tips with?

Sickaluffa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my bitch drives what u drive and she got new tits
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 07:45:42 PM »
Got it as well this is my 2 fall out game. Game is good. What do u need help with

JMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 05:17:36 AM »
ermm my biggest problem is stuff like inventory and the skill stats.. like whats the best things to equip and the stats to increase? Ive not got much expirence with RPG type games with the exception of borderlands.. cheers for any help

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2010, 02:50:46 PM »
Just copped. Haven't played yet, pretty hyped.

G-Funk

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2010, 04:23:35 PM »
ermm my biggest problem is stuff like inventory and the skill stats.. like whats the best things to equip and the stats to increase? Ive not got much expirence with RPG type games with the exception of borderlands.. cheers for any help

So you want to know your skills? Like the SPECIAL stats you get to choose at the beginning?
As for inventory you should pick up some food, bottle caps, medicine, weapons, armor. I also pick up some cigarette boxes if any because they can be sold for a little bit of caps.

JMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2010, 03:33:09 AM »

So you want to know your skills? Like the SPECIAL stats you get to choose at the beginning?
As for inventory you should pick up some food, bottle caps, medicine, weapons, armor. I also pick up some cigarette boxes if any because they can be sold for a little bit of caps.

yeah please, like which are the more importants ones to increase? ive kinda gathered that speech is a neccessary one to improve. (im kinda geting more into the game now too, not that far in the storyline line tho, i keep gettin sidetracked with side missions)

StrEiht Up Menace

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • i hav a massive dick
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2010, 04:45:11 AM »
wtf i thot it wud last me a year

G-Funk

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2010, 03:55:40 PM »
yeah please, like which are the more importants ones to increase? ive kinda gathered that speech is a neccessary one to improve. (im kinda geting more into the game now too, not that far in the storyline line tho, i keep gettin sidetracked with side missions)
You can't raise up your SPECIAL stats unless you choose that perk Intense Training. But that's kinda a waste of a perk IMO. If you wanna raise up one of your SPECIAL stats there's a medical center close to New Vegas where you can buy some "implants" relating to the SPECIAL skill. But it costs a lot of caps each.

I'd raise up Lockpick, pretty much everything is locked so you'll wanna raise that.
Guns is a must if guns are your primary weapons of choice. And energy weapons if you'd want.
Repair, medicine can be useful too.

And yeah you don't have to do the main quest right away. Best to do some side-quests to level up.

I played a lot of hours. :P Besides, I'm still not completely done. There's quests I didn't get to do and areas I've yet to explore.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 03:57:33 PM by Dollaz + $ense »

Scrappy Doo

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2010, 04:41:15 PM »
Still Playing, this is my 4-5 Fallout game im playing.

Fallout 2 still the best game ever.

StrEiht Up Menace

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • i hav a massive dick
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2010, 07:11:01 AM »
I played a lot of hours. :P Besides, I'm still not completely done. There's quests I didn't get to do and areas I've yet to explore.
[/quote]
Tru, i had oblivion years back...i think overall it got play for a year and half 50 or so hours

JMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2010, 04:22:37 PM »
im so glad i stuck with this game now, im really enjoying it. different to what i usually play, love the storyline and the whole freedom to do as you choose aspect of it.  :)

G-Funk

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2010, 02:38:37 AM »
im so glad i stuck with this game now, im really enjoying it. different to what i usually play, love the storyline and the whole freedom to do as you choose aspect of it.  :)
just be sure to save often because like fallout 3 it's been known to have bugs and crash. (though not nearly as bad FO3, IMO).
I started a new game since I got a feeling of the perks and lots of quests and areas I didn't get to explore. I made my new character like Solid Snake from the metal gear series :laugh:

here's a lil warning though, when you get to new vegas, at some point these people will come up to you and start quests. these are game ending quests (very long too) as I read somewhere, you have to decide if you will side with Mr. House, NCR, Legion, or go independent. you can only choose 1 faction and once you beat it you cannot go back. so I recommend having another save ready before you decide to go do these last quests.

StrEiht Up Menace

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • i hav a massive dick
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2010, 03:04:40 AM »
did fallout 3 also end the game?
i remember oblivion i cud play the game after i completed the main mission

G-Funk

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2010, 03:26:27 AM »
did fallout 3 also end the game?
i remember oblivion i cud play the game after i completed the main mission

yeah unless you bought and downloaded one of the add-ons then it would let you be free to roam around, also increasing the level cap to 30, adding couple more quests, enemies, weapons.