Author Topic: Manny Ramirez Wants To Play For Blue Jays?  (Read 149 times)

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Manny Ramirez Wants To Play For Blue Jays?
« on: October 26, 2010, 08:50:49 PM »
With the Blue Jays having just hired John Farrell as their new manager, Manny Ramirez told Enrique Rojas of ESPN that he would like to play for Farrell.

"John has tremendous knowledge of the game, a very pleasant man and he trains ballplayers,"

Ramirez continued to say that he's always respected the Blue Jays organization and would love to get a chance to play for the team.

Toronto has made a great acquisition. Farrell is a manager for whom I would like to play, and Toronto is a team I've liked since they had all those Dominican players in the '80s,"

If the Blue Jays signed Ramirez, it would likely be to DH, with Adam Lind moving to first base. If the Blue Jays are interested, that would be a very intruiging combination

http://www.mlbdailydish.com/2010/10/26/1776487/manny-ramirez-wants-to-play-for-blue-jays?ref=fangraphs

1-2 year deal for the right price sounds good to me, he could still be a better than average DH.

OG Hack Wilson

Re: Manny Ramirez Wants To Play For Blue Jays?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 10:30:03 PM »
dear god no...i do NOT want him in the AL East again :D

on the other hand he's not on the roids anymore  ;D
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 05:26:11 AM »
He's on the decline for sure and turning 39 next May but he still pulled off a more than respectable .290/.409/.460 line in 2010.  He wouldn't be blocking any younger players either, I'm all for getting him here.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 06:36:53 AM »
That sounds just straight up awkward lol.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2010, 06:36:33 PM »
I think it owuld be nice to see him in the NL playing the yankees and red sox again

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2010, 01:18:38 PM »
i mean realistically, how much is he worth a year, is anyone even willing to touch him after last year? personally id love to see the jays cause some ruckus in that division, and with manny's help, well that would be that much more intriguing