Author Topic: The Dark Knight Rises  (Read 1466 times)

JohnnyL

Re: The Dark Knight Rises
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2010, 05:43:51 AM »
 Kind of liked the title just because it wasn't what everyone was expecting it would be.  Less sure about not using Riddler.  He seemed like a good choice just because he's one of the villains that could easily be grounded in reality.  But whatever.  Nolan has, thus far, done a good job of making any character he's introduced work well within his established universe.  I'm sure he won't disappoint.

The Watcher

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2010, 06:43:07 PM »
im thinking the villain will be two-face. whoever the villain is will be one of the mob focused villains that are around gotham, so either two-face or black mask
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2010, 10:10:11 PM »
 probably both i cant see them using just one

doggfather

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2010, 01:18:26 AM »
probably both i cant see them using just one

I don"t think too that just only one villain is enough
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2010, 11:37:52 AM »
It's not the best title out there, but it does give the fan an idea on what the movie will be about.   

Batman Begins- Clearly an origin story

The Dark Knight- Batman willing to sacrifice himself for the good of Gotham City therefore being a "Dark" Knight. 

The Dark Knight Rises- seems that will be a much more connection from 2nd and 3rd than the 1st and 2nd of the trilogy.  Batman will also try to find a way of clearing up his image in Gotham but this will be a problem because whoever is the villain will most likely be using Batman's bad image to their advantage.  The word "rises" usually is used when you deal with dead people. Or in the case of Batman, it's "that's not who I thought it was".  I've read a few alternate titles, like "Gotham City" or "Batman", etc but none seem to fit with what the trilogy seems to be working on.  "Batman: Resurrection" might fit, but this will intentionally mislead tons of people into thinking that Batman dies.   I'm certain I'm completely wrong with everything I said, but that's my theory with the titles. 

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2010, 04:22:41 PM »
Glad it's not in 3D.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2010, 05:28:28 PM »

doggfather

« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2010, 06:05:35 AM »
It's not the best title out there, but it does give the fan an idea on what the movie will be about.   

Batman Begins- Clearly an origin story

The Dark Knight- Batman willing to sacrifice himself for the good of Gotham City therefore being a "Dark" Knight. 

The Dark Knight Rises- seems that will be a much more connection from 2nd and 3rd than the 1st and 2nd of the trilogy.  Batman will also try to find a way of clearing up his image in Gotham but this will be a problem because whoever is the villain will most likely be using Batman's bad image to their advantage.  The word "rises" usually is used when you deal with dead people. Or in the case of Batman, it's "that's not who I thought it was".  I've read a few alternate titles, like "Gotham City" or "Batman", etc but none seem to fit with what the trilogy seems to be working on.  "Batman: Resurrection" might fit, but this will intentionally mislead tons of people into thinking that Batman dies.   I'm certain I'm completely wrong with everything I said, but that's my theory with the titles. 

Think the same, I don't like the title too.

HELP

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

JohnnyL

« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2010, 10:02:49 AM »
im thinkin only possibilties is Harley quinn, Penguin, Black Mask (should be for sure), or maybe Catwoman
didnt they say something like "It protects against cats" about Batman gear in the 2nd film?

Harley's cool but like doggfather said, she needs the Joker, I mean she can be deadly but she's mostly known for causing chaos with Joker. She hasn't really been seen as a serious foe for Batman.. she's like a villain side-kick I guess.
From what I've seen she's hardly by herself, she's either with Joker or with Ivy.

I can dig Penguin if they establish him well and Black Mask too.

Catwoman could maybe replace that ugly Rachel bitch that died in TDK.

catwomen is one of my favourites femme fatale in the comic history.
i would like her too!

And I think the same about the Rachel girl in begins, and TDK...

I notice no one Likes Rachel in Either movies. lol

I'm not too crazy about the Rachel character in general, but I did like the way they used her character in "The Dark Knight."  They were kind of able to tie up that character thread and give Batman added motivation for hating the Joker.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2010, 03:54:43 PM »
im thinkin only possibilties is Harley quinn, Penguin, Black Mask (should be for sure), or maybe Catwoman
didnt they say something like "It protects against cats" about Batman gear in the 2nd film?

Harley's cool but like doggfather said, she needs the Joker, I mean she can be deadly but she's mostly known for causing chaos with Joker. She hasn't really been seen as a serious foe for Batman.. she's like a villain side-kick I guess.
From what I've seen she's hardly by herself, she's either with Joker or with Ivy.

I can dig Penguin if they establish him well and Black Mask too.

Catwoman could maybe replace that ugly Rachel bitch that died in TDK.

catwomen is one of my favourites femme fatale in the comic history.
i would like her too!

And I think the same about the Rachel girl in begins, and TDK...

I notice no one Likes Rachel in Either movies. lol

I'm not too crazy about the Rachel character in general, but I did like the way they used her character in "The Dark Knight."  They were kind of able to tie up that character thread and give Batman added motivation for hating the Joker.
Me too. It sucks that I saw TDK before Batman Begins. I had to retroactively find out just how significant she was to Batman.

The Watcher

« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2010, 02:20:46 AM »
from the casting notices one of the websites picked up it looks like one of the villains will probably be clayface

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2010/11/02/do-latest-dark-knight-rises-rumors-point-to-clayface-as-the-villain/

so my guess for this movie; twoface and clayface, maybe with catwoman thrown in somewhere
- celph titled

- joe budden

G-Funk

« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2010, 02:27:20 AM »
from the casting notices one of the websites picked up it looks like one of the villains will probably be clayface

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2010/11/02/do-latest-dark-knight-rises-rumors-point-to-clayface-as-the-villain/

so my guess for this movie; twoface and clayface, maybe with catwoman thrown in somewhere

I thought Nolan wanted to do a more realistic approach with his take on Batman. Wonder how he could work Clayface if that was to be a villain in the next installment.
Also, I'm pretty sure Two-Face is dead.

doggfather

« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2010, 02:31:49 AM »
And don't forget about Scarecrow, who is still livin, and was on Begins, and a little cameo in TDK too.

HELP

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

The Watcher

« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2010, 04:41:16 AM »

I thought Nolan wanted to do a more realistic approach with his take on Batman. Wonder how he could work Clayface if that was to be a villain in the next installment.

its debatable about twoface i guess. 'the dark knight' was a term that was used for both batman ('the dark knight', but also a 'white knight (aka saviour)) to dent's 'dark knight' (twoface). basically 'the dark knight rises' = twoface is alive
- celph titled

- joe budden

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2010, 11:19:49 AM »

its debatable about twoface i guess. 'the dark knight' was a term that was used for both batman ('the dark knight', but also a 'white knight (aka saviour)) to dent's 'dark knight' (twoface). basically 'the dark knight rises' = twoface is alive

The White Knight was Harvey Dent.  Batman told Gordon that the people of Gotham must never know what he did.  That he's willing to take all the blame for Two-Face's actions in order to save his image and keep Gotham sane.  Here's what Gordon told Dent's son

Because we have to chase him, because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now, So we'll hunt him, because he can take it, because he's not a hero, he's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. The Dark Knight