Author Topic: The Dark Knight Rises  (Read 1465 times)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: The Dark Knight Rises
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2010, 01:01:24 PM »
from the casting notices one of the websites picked up it looks like one of the villains will probably be clayface

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2010/11/02/do-latest-dark-knight-rises-rumors-point-to-clayface-as-the-villain/

so my guess for this movie; twoface and clayface, maybe with catwoman thrown in somewhere

I thought Nolan wanted to do a more realistic approach with his take on Batman. Wonder how he could work Clayface if that was to be a villain in the next installment.
Also, I'm pretty sure Two-Face is dead.

Clayface in his comic form wouldn't work. The furthest you could go is have Roland Dagget be in some sort accident with the cream that makes his face easy to manipulate, but requires some sort of quick surgery every time. No way would anyone buy a shape shifting monster. But that idea seems far fetched and silly.

Whoever the villain is he has to be big enough to justify the city getting beyond the cop killer thing.

JohnnyL

« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2010, 02:21:44 PM »
from the casting notices one of the websites picked up it looks like one of the villains will probably be clayface

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2010/11/02/do-latest-dark-knight-rises-rumors-point-to-clayface-as-the-villain/

so my guess for this movie; twoface and clayface, maybe with catwoman thrown in somewhere

I thought Nolan wanted to do a more realistic approach with his take on Batman. Wonder how he could work Clayface if that was to be a villain in the next installment.

Clayface in his comic form wouldn't work. The furthest you could go is have Roland Dagget be in some sort accident with the cream that makes his face easy to manipulate, but requires some sort of quick surgery every time. No way would anyone buy a shape shifting monster. But that idea seems far fetched and silly.

Whoever the villain is he has to be big enough to justify the city getting beyond the cop killer thing.

Well the first Clayface, Basil Karlo, started out as just a regular guy that wore a clay mask and used a knife to murder people (Until they changed it in the late '80s and had him inject himself with samples from Clayfaces II through IV which gave him Clayface II and IV's shape-shifting powers and Clayface III's melty powers.)  I doubt they'd use Karlo though, as Matt Hagan (Clayface II) is really the more well-known character.  Really, this is another character that while cool in the comics, I'm sure Nolan will just skip.
  Now that Riddler has been ruled out, my money is on Penguin, Catwoman, Talia Al Ghul, or Black Mask.  I'd say it's a safe bet that we'll also get more regular gangsters like Anthony Zucco or some of the other ones from Frank Miller or Jeph Loeb's Batman stories too.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2010, 03:58:39 PM »

Well the first Clayface, Basil Karlo, started out as just a regular guy that wore a clay mask and used a knife to murder people (Until they changed it in the late '80s and had him inject himself with samples from Clayfaces II through IV which gave him Clayface II and IV's shape-shifting powers and Clayface III's melty powers.)  I doubt they'd use Karlo though, as Matt Hagan (Clayface II) is really the more well-known character.  Really, this is another character that while cool in the comics, I'm sure Nolan will just skip.
  Now that Riddler has been ruled out, my money is on Penguin, Catwoman, Talia Al Ghul, or Black Mask.  I'd say it's a safe bet that we'll also get more regular gangsters like Anthony Zucco or some of the other ones from Frank Miller or Jeph Loeb's Batman stories too.

Oh yeah. Forgot about him. Cursed cartoon series makes me forget the past. Either way, Karlo seems was too small time a villain to feature. I guess if they used a big time crime lord as one villain and Karlo as just this disgruntled serial killer as a sub lot with the idea that Batman has no time to find a serial killer that kills 1 person every few weeks while the crime lord endangers lives and quality of life of thousands. But in the end it's the catching of the celebrity Clayface that makes Batman a hero again while taking down the crimelord barely makes the second page of the paper.

It could work I guess. But it would be very similar to what they did with Batman ignoring the Joker.

714rep

« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2010, 12:08:32 AM »
What about Bane?

F-cisco

« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2010, 04:41:04 PM »
I don't think they will use Black Mask. His current design looks too much like the Red Skull and the Captain America movie is coming out next summer.

I'm hoping for the villain to be an amagalm of Azrael/Reaper or maybe Deadshot.. Batman needs worthy adversaries.