Author Topic: NFL Week 8 Thread  (Read 823 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
NFL Week 8 Thread
« on: October 28, 2010, 02:22:39 PM »
Interested to hear what Shallow will say about the Chiefs vs. Bills matchup.  

Chan Gailey really knows how to get the most out of his Quarterbacks.  He performed magic whenever he managed a decent season out of career 3rd string quarterback Tyler Thigpen as the Chiefs 2007 OC.   He really had the Chiefs offense moving, even without a running game, he had Thigpen running and throwing the ball all over the place in the same pistol offense he ran in college.  Damn near saved Herm's job, if it wasn't for the Chiefs losing something like half their games by 7 points or less.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 06:13:09 PM by Infinite »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

OG Hack Wilson

Re: NFL Week 8 predictions
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 02:35:19 PM »
Jets over Fudgepackers
Pats over Vikings
Chiefs over Bills
Colts over Texans
Saints over Steelers (upset)
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 03:25:58 PM »
Jets over Fudgepackers
Pats over Vikings
Chiefs over Bills
Colts over Texans
Saints over Steelers (upset)

What's the deal with the Vikings schedule this year... it's like every week they are playing another top team.  Here we go again with the Patriots and another hard fought war they will probably lose in the end... and thus carry even more wounds into the next week.  I love the Vikings, it's hard to see them go down like this.  And when the hell is Sidney Rice ever coming back, what happened to the Week 6 return, I've been keeping him on my fantasy roster for nothing.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2010, 03:29:14 PM »
I had heard Sidney Rice was more like a week 10 return
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2010, 08:03:14 PM »
Chiefs/Bills is an easy call lol.

I feel the Chiefs are pretty overrated, but the Bills are one of the worst teams in the NFL.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2010, 08:15:58 PM »
ONE OF?? lol

SO PRUP

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2010, 11:28:57 PM »
Raider Nation with the win over the seahawks!

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2010, 04:25:44 AM »
I'll say this; Gailey couldn't do a thing with Edwards but he has Fitzpatrick playing like a stud. However, Fitz also forces the ball way too much and eventually it's going to lead to a some bad INTs. Bad INTs that a Crennel defense might love to see. I'd pick the Cheifs no matter where the game was being held, but at Arrowhead it's an easy win. But then again I would have said the same about the Baltimore game and the Bills were all but screwed by the refs to lose that one.

And Cham, I still don't get you're over rated claim. Maybe by me, but most of the country gives them no credit. And the only two losses were nail biters against Indy and Houston at Indy and Houston.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2010, 09:08:37 AM »
There record doesn't justify how good they actually are; just like the Titans.

They are a middle of the pack team with a lot of youth, some great young corners & safety; a good system, that has potential down the road.

The only reason why it's such a no-brainer against the Bills, because the Bills are just miserably awful.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2010, 04:44:58 PM »

They are a middle of the pack team with a lot of youth, some great young corners & safety; a good system, that has potential down the road.

The only reason why it's such a no-brainer against the Bills, because the Bills are just miserably awful.

You described them the exact same way I would. So I ask again, who over rates them?

I'd have said the same thing about the 01 Pats in week 8, and after the Oakland playoff win. So don't count out middle of the pack teams. They can surprise you sometimes. Like the 08 Cards, or 05 Steelers.

KC is good enough to squeak out a win against anyone in the NFL right. That may say more about the lack of dominance in the league than it does about the Chiefs but still.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2010, 05:55:52 PM »

You described them the exact same way I would. So I ask again, who over rates them?

I'd have said the same thing about the 01 Pats in week 8, and after the Oakland playoff win. So don't count out middle of the pack teams. They can surprise you sometimes. Like the 08 Cards, or 05 Steelers.

KC is good enough to squeak out a win against anyone in the NFL right. That may say more about the lack of dominance in the league than it does about the Chiefs but still.

The media obviously. That's where people/teams become overrated.

The 05 Steelers had a great defense & the offense was strong & the 08 Cards were monsterous offensively; the Chiefs have an average offense & an average defense whose only impressive win is against the Chargers & the Chargers are having the worst year the teams had in a decade, so far.

Regardless, in a playoff atmosphere, I don't think they could handle the Jets, Steelers, Ravens, Pats or Colts.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2010, 07:07:15 PM »

The media obviously. That's where people/teams become overrated.

The 05 Steelers had a great defense & the offense was strong & the 08 Cards were monsterous offensively; the Chiefs have an average offense & an average defense whose only impressive win is against the Chargers & the Chargers are having the worst year the teams had in a decade, so far.

Regardless, in a playoff atmosphere, I don't think they could handle the Jets, Steelers, Ravens, Pats or Colts.

And the Pats couldn't handle the Raiders, but they still won.

And you're joking if you think the Cards were supposed to win some of those playoff games. The 05 Steelers squeaked in to the playoffs and then only advanced because Nick Harper forgot how to play Pop Warner football and didn't run to the outside.

And the media isn't saying shit about the Chiefs. Yeah they have a good spread against the shitty Bills but they were underdogs against every other team they played. I'm not saying I'm counting on them to win in the playoffs, but I wasn't counting on your 3-3 Jets to march on to the AFC Championship game after losing to the measly Bills in week 6 of last year and finishing at 9-7. I'm saying they are a solid smashmouth defense and an offense that's getting better every week, and squeezing out a couple games in January wouldn't be a shocker, even less of a shocker if they get a couple home games.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2010, 12:36:12 PM »
I'll say this; Gailey couldn't do a thing with Edwards but he has Fitzpatrick playing like a stud. However, Fitz also forces the ball way too much and eventually it's going to lead to a some bad INTs. Bad INTs that a Crennel defense might love to see. I'd pick the Cheifs no matter where the game was being held, but at Arrowhead it's an easy win. But then again I would have said the same about the Baltimore game and the Bills were all but screwed by the refs to lose that one.

And Cham, I still don't get you're over rated claim. Maybe by me, but most of the country gives them no credit. And the only two losses were nail biters against Indy and Houston at Indy and Houston.

Well, Chan couldn't really do much with Brodie Croyle or Damon Huard, or Edwards in your case.. but then again; who could of?   What Chan can do is if you give him an offense long enough, before the end of 1 season, he will find a way to get that offense up and running, no matter how many QB's he has to go through.

theremedy360

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2010, 01:08:46 PM »
Raider Nation will lose to the seahawks!

Co sign  8)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2010, 01:30:16 PM »

Well, Chan couldn't really do much with Brodie Croyle or Damon Huard, or Edwards in your case.. but then again; who could of?   What Chan can do is if you give him an offense long enough, before the end of 1 season, he will find a way to get that offense up and running, no matter how many QB's he has to go through.

And it's working very well, but they destroyed the defense by going back to the 3-4 and firing Fewel. They should have kept Fewel and let him at least run the D alone and let Gailey run the offense and handle the big decisions. Just like what they did in New Orleans. Williams was in complete control of the defense and Payton called the plays on offense.