Author Topic: The Best of Both Worlds was originally R. Kelly + 2Pac  (Read 677 times)

Portugoal

Re: The Best of Both Worlds was originally R. Kelly + 2Pac
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2010, 01:52:04 PM »
I read about this this morning. It's a crazy idea, but that would've actually really have been the real Best of Both Worlds album.

m-b

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2010, 01:58:17 PM »
Nice info. I always thought that these 2 could have made a track together. I think there was rumours that they did one called "N Da Mornin"
CHECK OUT our promo vid..

Quadruple OG

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2010, 02:19:38 PM »
I read about this this morning. It's a crazy idea, but that would've actually really have been the real Best of Both Worlds album.

At that time it would have worked because R. Kelly was at the top of his game and Pac was on top of the rap world. Suge probably wouldn't have let it happen unless Kells wanted to join Death Row.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2010, 02:43:38 PM »
In this month’s issue of XXL, Kelz breaks down TP2.com track by track. During the dissection, he reveals that Best of Both Worlds was originally supposed to be him and Tupac.

Well ‘I Wish’ was basically about Tupac at first. I met Tupac in L.A.- the [Hotel Nikko], and he was rolling by in his drop-top whatever hot car. I seen him, and I yelled out, “‘Pac! ‘Pac!” He was driving by, rolling by himself. I’m like, ‘This nigga got a lot of balls to be rolling by hisself!” So we kicked it for a minute, I said “Dude, we need to do an album.” See, The Best Of Both Worlds was for me and Pac at first. “I Wish” was gonna be the first song we were gonna do.

Interesting...

"I Wish" is one of my favorite R&B joints of all-time, and my favorite R Kelly joint.   

...The song does say, "even though you've passed 4 long years", and it came out at the end of 2000, Pac died 96... so that's 4 years!  just a thought
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2010, 04:07:35 PM »
Man, that would be dope as fuck!

kemizt

Portugoal

« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2010, 10:06:55 PM »
In this month’s issue of XXL, Kelz breaks down TP2.com track by track. During the dissection, he reveals that Best of Both Worlds was originally supposed to be him and Tupac.

Well ‘I Wish’ was basically about Tupac at first. I met Tupac in L.A.- the [Hotel Nikko], and he was rolling by in his drop-top whatever hot car. I seen him, and I yelled out, “‘Pac! ‘Pac!” He was driving by, rolling by himself. I’m like, ‘This nigga got a lot of balls to be rolling by hisself!” So we kicked it for a minute, I said “Dude, we need to do an album.” See, The Best Of Both Worlds was for me and Pac at first. “I Wish” was gonna be the first song we were gonna do.

Interesting...

"I Wish" is one of my favorite R&B joints of all-time, and my favorite R Kelly joint.   

...The song does say, "even though you've passed 4 long years", and it came out at the end of 2000, Pac died 96... so that's 4 years!  just a thought

I always thought that song was about his mother and just loved ones in general that passed away, but I just looked up his mom died in '93, so there's no doubt that line was about 2Pac.

T-o-m

« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2010, 01:27:51 AM »
After seeing this tracklist its not that hard to believe, now is it?

Mietek23

« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2010, 03:48:11 AM »
Interesting read - thanks for the info.

··: O.G Kody™ :··

« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2010, 03:53:01 AM »

LOL - where is that from?

Quadruple OG

« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2010, 06:44:26 AM »
That was an album 'Pac wanted to do for his next Interscope released before he signed with Death Row. The eerie thing about that was it was written one year to the day before 'Pac died.

woof

« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2010, 08:03:30 AM »

LOL - where is that from?

Tupac Shakur Legacy book