Author Topic: Dr Dre - Kush Feat Snoop Dogg, Kobe and Akon (1st Single off DETOX!) - Audio  (Read 35855 times)

Hoodlum204

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Thats Why I Fucked Your Bitch!!
Re: Dr Dre - Kush Feat Snoop Dogg, Kobe and Akon (1st Single off DETOX!) - Audio
« Reply #180 on: November 16, 2010, 07:50:33 AM »
I expected some mindblowing music after reading a few comments. Don't get me wrong, the song is hot, but you guys act as if Dr. Dre showed with this song that he's still the best producer around :-\
Dre was the best producer around at one point?

Absolutely.
He was never really even the best producer on the west.
Quit Bullshitting To Yourself!! lol

BiggBoogaBiff

Re: Dr Dre - Kush Feat Snoop Dogg, Kobe and Akon (1st Single off DETOX!) - Audio
« Reply #181 on: November 16, 2010, 08:00:19 AM »
i like it, i think it's pretty cool.  but as far as tha album goes, i'll believe it when i see it, there's just been 1 too many delays 4 anybody to take it serious (even with the release of this song). 

Anunikke

« Reply #182 on: November 16, 2010, 08:13:53 AM »
I expected some mindblowing music after reading a few comments. Don't get me wrong, the song is hot, but you guys act as if Dr. Dre showed with this song that he's still the best producer around :-\
Dre was the best producer around at one point?

Absolutely.
He was never really even the best producer on the west.
Quit Bullshitting To Yourself!! lol
DJ Muggs shits allover Dre.

Matty

Re: Dr Dre - Kush Feat Snoop Dogg and Akon (1st Single off DETOX!) - Audio
« Reply #183 on: November 16, 2010, 08:14:24 AM »
DETOX IS A MYTH..

WHERE YOU AT BRO?

I'm right here.  If Detox is finally coming out, then cool.  Still doesn't change the fact that my sig has been true for eight years.  And, personally, this song is just a bunch of noise to me.  Snoop has a nice verse, but Get the Funk Out of My Face is much better than this as a song.  I don't like this new age rap sound from the past couple years, at all.  If this is what Detox is going to be, well, it won't be for me.  Maybe I'm the problem -- it might be time for me to move on.  Just keeping it real.  Maybe it's time for me to retire from rap music. ? :'(

Anyone else feel this way?  I mean, this is nothing near the quality of Dre's past work.

I mean, here's Get the Funk... for comparison: 

on point comments about the Snoop song and this. this is a banger and all that, but where is the FUNK element? especially in a song about weed. 'Kush' seriously pales in comparison to a track like 'The Next Episode' but there is obviously more to come...

and you know i have to mention Outta Control Remix, that one creams this beat in every respect, especially as a single 8)

MarshColin

« Reply #184 on: November 16, 2010, 08:14:41 AM »
i think the majority of people on this forum are not the target audience for this song.

This.

Even then, I'm glad to see a majority of the responses here are positive about the track. This board is so hypocritical and hypercritical that when I first heard it I thought ppl were gonna bag on it on here.

Bottom line is this is a very dope track. Can't wait to hear it mastered on a nice system or in some beats headphones. We all just need to let go of all the Detox expectations and start enjoying these songs because at the end of the day it's damn good music. I haven't been disappointed with any of the Detox "leaks" so far, including the older ones like Flashy. Too bad most of the songs that leaked were incomplete and had rough mixes and no mastering.

Si-Chiggedy

« Reply #185 on: November 16, 2010, 08:14:56 AM »
The artwork could be something like this:

:D :D :D
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 08:19:07 AM by Si-Chiggedy »
Check out my blog "Love For The West" http://sichill-music.blogspot.com/

And hit me on twitter: http://twitter.com/Si_Chill

Heathen

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #186 on: November 16, 2010, 08:15:18 AM »
it's a cool track but not the game changer all the people involved in detox have been hyping.

both the chronic and 2001 brought a new sound. "kush" is not really anything new.

hopefully the rest of the album is mindblowing.

TDOT

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #187 on: November 16, 2010, 08:20:00 AM »
'Kush' seriously pales in comparison to a track like 'The Next Episode' but there is obviously more to come...

I think thats really the track this should be compared to, not Still DRE. And in that comparision, even hearing Next Episode for the first time, you know it was gonna be a problem. This, not so much.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #188 on: November 16, 2010, 08:30:03 AM »
Shit is defintately hot and should blow the fuck up . . that being said, I don't think this is on that Still DRE/GThang/etc. level when it comes to smashing the game. Don't get me wrong, it's a good single in today's market, but for the motherfuckin DOCTOR, I think it could have been better. Whatever though, after Under Pressure, this IS Still Dre p2. And ya, Nate on that hook would have been IT for me. Oh and keys are the shit, fuck if it's "outdated".
nah man, this is song should be called 'i want radioplay'

Do you really expect a non-pop track? Most of dre's songs are targeted at radioplay. Lets get High, Next Episode, Bad Intentions etc.

DJ ACE CAPONE

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • An OG's OG
« Reply #189 on: November 16, 2010, 08:31:16 AM »
Finally something decent.
New mixtape out weekly:

Listen to my mixtapes bitches! www.DJACEINTHEMIX.com

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • https://soundcloud.com/fonkarround
« Reply #190 on: November 16, 2010, 08:33:24 AM »
Shit, too bad Detox is a myth.

Good song, didnt grow its aticipation, but still a dope one! ;) Cant believe it happening.

People sure it isnt just headphones made commercial song?

Matty

« Reply #191 on: November 16, 2010, 08:34:34 AM »
'Kush' seriously pales in comparison to a track like 'The Next Episode' but there is obviously more to come...

I think thats really the track this should be compared to, not Still DRE. And in that comparision, even hearing Next Episode for the first time, you know it was gonna be a problem. This, not so much.

word. this is really poor compared to some of dre's previous mainstream singles, makes more sense if it's gonna be a street single/buzz track type of thing. just the overall song structure and way the vocals come off is hella unpolished compared to his normal shit. either this is very unfinished, only gonna be used as an early promotion or what some people have been saying about dre himself...

Jome

« Reply #192 on: November 16, 2010, 08:36:12 AM »
Not KOBE apparently, but Aftermath member SLY doing the Nate impression..

Too bad the version with the beat rideout is only 128 kbps..

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #193 on: November 16, 2010, 08:38:48 AM »

word. this is really poor compared to some of dre's previous mainstream singles, makes more sense if it's gonna be a street single/buzz track type of thing. just the overall song structure and way the vocals come off is hella unpolished compared to his normal shit. either this is very unfinished, only gonna be used as an early promotion or what some people have been saying about dre himself...

One thing I can say about it is its better than Lets Get High.

Westcoastfanatic

« Reply #194 on: November 16, 2010, 08:41:28 AM »
Average track to me. And Akon singin makes it corny, poppy and unoriginal.
IS DETOX NEXT? Don't think so.