Author Topic: Dr Dre - Kush Feat Snoop Dogg, Kobe and Akon (1st Single off DETOX!) - Audio  (Read 36454 times)

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
Re: Dr Dre - Kush Feat Snoop Dogg, Kobe and Akon (1st Single off DETOX!) - Audio
« Reply #540 on: November 20, 2010, 08:27:32 AM »
You guys got it ALL wrong. Let me explain something to you guys. read carefully.

I can confirm to you all that think that Aftermath leaked this track to test the waters that it was an unintentional leak.
The track was finished at some point this summer and they kept it under raps until they had  to pass it to shoot the video for it. When you shoot a video, you have to send the track to the label, to the director etc. On other words, you have to let it out. And people (for example, http://twitter.com/JosephKahn/status/2636843577253888#) talked about it on twitter and facebook. They talked about "Kush" and the hackers knew what to look for. Aftermath knows exactly who hacked and sold these songs.
At first, it was supposed to premiere with the video and all the MTVs and BETs, worldwide. With some teasers and shit.

Also, earlier someone hacked Chin Injeti's twitter account (Khalil's musician and co producer) and guess what? Topless and This Is Detox leaked a week later...

Some of y'all, including many websites understood that this song was not intended for detox. That's not the case. This track was and is and always was the planned street single. When Dre called it a leak, it wasnt because he didnt want the song out, it's because they didn't release it with the videos, the way he wanted it, and also because that particular unmixed version that was sent out for video shooting purposes only was not what the fans were supposed to hear (Unmixed, as well as the ''Let me put some BEATS up in it part.'')

I know some people love to think Aftermath/Interscope love to set up some conspiracies but it's not the case.
These leaks were not Intentional.

Well, if that's the case, that means Kush is and always was intended to be used as the official first single off Detox.  And that's disheartening to know that they think this song is "first single off Detox" quality.  I'm trying to give them the benefit of the doubt that Kush is being slapped onto the album like Crack a Bottle, but because you're saying it was always intended as the first single, it gets me reeeally worried that Detox is going to be a major letdown.  IMO, Kush is not near the quality worth being the "first single off Detox."  But since they think it is, it has me majorly concerned about the album as a whole.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

DETOX OVER B.O.S.S

Re: Dr Dre - Kush Feat Snoop Dogg, Kobe and Akon (1st Single off DETOX!) - Audio
« Reply #541 on: November 20, 2010, 08:31:02 AM »
Great song, great verses by Doc & Snoppy, supa dupa beat production, but why the fuck akon??? i hate his gana voice singing shit, it´s not good looking for a westcoast beat like this...

DOC´s Verse >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Snoopy´s.

it´s great that afew westcoast rappers will be in the video, but where is Warren g? HE PUT SNOOP NATE ON THE MAP HE WAS THE CONNECT FOR DRE AND THEM. WHERE IS D.O.C?? WHERE IS AFTERMATH IN GENERAL?? DPG??? WHERE IS FUCKIN CROOKED I???????

Shade Sheist™

• PYO Entertainment
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.ShadeSheist.net
« Reply #542 on: November 20, 2010, 08:35:28 AM »
actually.. the original record was created for a commercial.. I won't go farther than this. :-X

"Missile-Testing" still very much exists in this industry, it's funny to hear someone say something "leaked" these days.
Label execs were upset with Kanye because he kinda spilled the beans on the process back when he first "leaked" 'Love Lockdown.'

With millions on the line, (everything) is planned.. Ask Iovine, and he will likely tell you this staight up..
but that wouldn't be interesting to you fans who crave conspiracy theories, right?  ;D

Sidenote: I thought it was madd-cool that everybody was chillin in the heart of downtown South Central with no funk.
Also, if you don't care for this particular record as the first single, don't feel bad..
I didn't think "Still DRE" was that groundbreaking at 1st either.. and look how that project turned out..  8)
New Album "BLACKOPS" Coming Soon
-------------------------------------------
Official Site: www.ShadeSheist.net
Music: www.GFUNKISFOREVER.net
Twitter: www.twitter.com/shade_sheist
Facebook: www.facebook.com/shadesheistfan
YouTube: www.youtube.com/ishadesheist

OcToExtraordinaire

• Hookup Maestro
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #543 on: November 20, 2010, 08:39:39 AM »
actually.. the original record was created for a commercial.. I won't go farther than this. :-X

"Missile-Testing" still very much exists in this industry, it's funny to hear someone say something "leaked" these days.
Label execs were upset with Kanye because he kinda spilled the beans on the process back when he first "leaked" 'Love Lockdown.'

With millions on the line, (everything) is planned.. Ask Iovine, and he will likely tell you this staight up..
but that wouldn't be interesting to you fans who crave conspiracy theories, right?  ;D

Sidenote: I thought it was madd-cool that everybody was chillin in the heart of downtown South Central with no funk.
Also, if you don't care for this particular record as the first single, don't feel bad..
I didn't think "Still DRE" was that groundbreaking at 1st either.. and look how that project turned out..  8)
Not for this one.

Also, I just did a little research for you conspiracies believers.
The track leaked on a site called youraudiofix.com. From what I found out the guy who runs this website isn't a journalist, isn't an intern. It could be anyone. You, you or you.
Did Dre think it was good idea to send his single to an internet kid? Doubt it. Did he ask him to put his tags all over it? Doubt it.
Doubt it is rethorical here.

Sure missile testing exists and it happens. But not like this.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 08:42:52 AM by OcToExtraordinaire »

TDOT

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #544 on: November 20, 2010, 08:41:57 AM »

To add to that, in that video of Sly doing his vocals, he keeps mentioning how it's gonna be on the "song for the commercial". And that commercial must of been the Dre/Lebron one.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 08:45:48 AM by TDOT »

Shade Sheist™

• PYO Entertainment
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.ShadeSheist.net
« Reply #545 on: November 20, 2010, 08:44:31 AM »
to add to that..

i've actually been in the studio with Dre and Scodie in the last 6 months,
i've seen a lot.. heard a lot.. but i'm not youraudiofix or a gossip column..

so... yea.

OcToExtraordinaire

• Hookup Maestro
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #546 on: November 20, 2010, 08:45:51 AM »
to add to that..

i've actually been in the studio with Dre and Scodie in the last 6 months,
i've seen a lot.. heard a lot.. but i'm not youraudiofix or a gossip column..

so... yea.
I'm not saying that. You weren't especially included into "you conspiracies believers".

Shade Sheist™

• PYO Entertainment
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.ShadeSheist.net
« Reply #547 on: November 20, 2010, 08:49:04 AM »
nah, I know.. all of my statements are general.

most folx think they know..
but don't even know the principle folx involved in the story they are sharing.

In this industry, some things you will only know (IF) they want you to.

OcToExtraordinaire

• Hookup Maestro
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #548 on: November 20, 2010, 08:51:27 AM »
nah, I know.. all of my statements are general.

most folx think they know..
but don't even know the principle folx involved in the story they are sharing.

In this industry, some things you will only know (IF) they want you to.
I agree on that.

Portugoal

« Reply #549 on: November 20, 2010, 08:57:59 AM »
I didn't think "Still DRE" was that groundbreaking at 1st either.. and look how that project turned out..  8)

On that note... at first I thought this was just a good song. Nothing more, nothing less. Then I kinda got tired of it, but I've played this song quite a few times today and I start to like it more and more.

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #550 on: November 20, 2010, 08:58:21 AM »
One thing for sure they know what they are doing!

Shade Sheist™

• PYO Entertainment
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.ShadeSheist.net
« Reply #551 on: November 20, 2010, 09:05:45 AM »
It's hard to accept a record once you build this image in your head about how it will sound
and then it ends up sounding nothing like you expected..

I was goin around sayin "Maybe I Don't Wanna Stop, Maybe I Don't Wanna Quit" for weeks
after they recorded vocals on that song "UP"
..many months later it "leaked" and sounded NOTHING like what I heard.

i have (reason) to believe that yall killed that record's chances at becoming a single :-X
that may be a good or bad thing for you.. depending on how u felt about the song. lol

OcToExtraordinaire

• Hookup Maestro
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #552 on: November 20, 2010, 09:14:03 AM »
It's hard to accept a record once you build this image in your head about how it will sound

I was goin around sayin "Maybe I Don't Wanna Stop, Maybe I Don't Wanna Quit" for weeks

i have (reason) to believe that yall killed that record's chances at becoming a single :-X
that may be a good or bad thing for you.. depending on how u felt about the song. lol
Besides, people have strong memories attached to songs like Still DRE and it makes it harder for them to listen to these new tracks without their ridiculously high expectations. Some of them are disappointed because they "wanted it to sound like" something specific. They didn't even try to listen to it. Some of them want the Jay's and wayne's, some of them want typical west coast features. Some of them want the G-Funk Dre and some others say fuck that, I want something new and fresh. It can't and won't please everybody.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 09:16:17 AM by OcToExtraordinaire »

Shade Sheist™

• PYO Entertainment
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.ShadeSheist.net
« Reply #553 on: November 20, 2010, 09:16:59 AM »
I seem to remember the same exact thing happening in the period between "The Chronic" and "2001."

I pray he has another "Forgot About Dre" for all yall who feel this project is an obligation and not a choice.

Portugoal

« Reply #554 on: November 20, 2010, 09:18:35 AM »

Besides, people have strong memories attached to songs like Still DRE and it makes it harder for them to listen to these new tracks without their ridiculously high expectations. Some of them are disappointed because they "wanted it to sound like" something specific. They didn't even try to listen to it.

This is one of the reasons why I'm superior to 99% of all people.

See, I gave this another chance after I got sick of it. I even gave this a chance even though I got so sick and tired of Akon at one point that this is the first new song in like a year or so that I listen to with an Akon hook.

That last sentence doesn't sound right, but you know what I mean.